Laura Whitmore #2 Stevie’s mom, has not got it going on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but she just seems to get the cast offs when it comes to jobs. She replaced Caroline flack on love island and didn’t really make much of an impression same with celebrity juice. she replaced fearne cotton and again hasn’t really made me want to watch it more, the opposite infact. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Popping up all over the place with adverts for that buy now pay later shite.
Glamour and Women’s health mag stories.

Reactions: 6
Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but she just seems to get the cast offs when it comes to jobs. She replaced Caroline flack on love island and didn’t really make much of an impression same with celebrity juice. she replaced fearne cotton and again hasn’t really made me want to watch it more, the opposite infact. 🤷‍♀️
No one will ever replace Caroline on Love Island, Caroline was irreplaceable as host.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Caroline brought the right amount of playfulness and cheekiness to the role. The strut in could be cringeworthy but she was sassy and was the ideal presenter for it. She looked amazing every week.. Laura pales in comparison. It’s like replacing carat gold with a wet wipe. Her smug face and sideways mouth are hella annoying. They need someone young and fresh, even though Caroline was 40 presenting it she had a youthfulness about her

Reactions: 28
Caroline brought the right amount of playfulness and cheekiness to the role. The strut in could be cringeworthy but she was sassy and was the ideal presenter for it. She looked amazing every week.. Laura pales in comparison. It’s like replacing carat gold with a wet wipe. Her smug face and sideways mouth are hella annoying. They need someone young and fresh, even though Caroline was 40 presenting it she had a youthfulness about her
Caroline’s slow mo walk in to the villa cannot be replicated, let alone topped!
Laura was not the right fit at all.
defo a case of knowing the right person/people that landed her that role, rather than any actual talent

Reactions: 18
Caroline was Love Island. She had that infectious fun personality that a show like that needs. She has the contestants feeling at ease from day 1. They will be afraid to say boo to Laura in case she brands them vile and tries to get them cancelled before they even get going.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Thank you for sharing that persons IG, followed! And this post is shocking...there are a lot of naive people out there and these companies are preying on them it’s disgusting.

B1B65027-81B0-4BB8-80FE-E660D5028A32.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I can't work out if she...

a) is so dim so doesn't realise the issue with advertising problematic companies framed as empowering/sustainable etc

b) really doesn't give a tit

I'm going with a) because she is always so surprised when she gets criticised instead of praised for doing stuff like this. Is it really that difficult to find companies to work with that aren't so obviously dodgy? Or maybe just say no to the £££ once in a while if she cares so much (which she clearly doesn't)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
defo a case of knowing the right person/people that landed her that role, rather than any actual talent
I think the best replacement would be a former Islander like Maura.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I haven’t watched any LI but seeing Caroline Flack in other things, you just know she would look after the contestants as best she could. Titmore on the other hand, I reckon not only would she be looking down her nose at the contestants, she’d be doing what she could to make sure they didn’t have a successful career afterwards. Just in case they poached her gigs in the way she did to others...

Reactions: 11
Caroline was Love Island. She had that infectious fun personality that a show like that needs. She has the contestants feeling at ease from day 1. They will be afraid to say boo to Laura in case she brands them vile and tries to get them cancelled before they even get going.
She was naturally likeable, sort of person you would like to have as a mate. Laura does not come across as likeable, and certainly not someone you would like to have as a mate!

Reactions: 18
She was naturally likeable, sort of person you would like to have as a mate. Laura does not come across as likeable, and certainly not someone you would like to have as a mate!
Frenemy vibes.

Reactions: 11
And she invented potato waffle sandwiches because the rest of the world hasn’t been doing that since 1980, bleeping pain in the hole she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve a huge problem with this whole “finance” lark. What credentials has she in this area. Seems to me being a Z List has got her thinking she can do it all . Eco warrior , mental health queen ( toxic positivity ) , drill Sargent My sister worked briefly for this crowd in New Zealand ( she’s a financial forecaster ). How they work is assuming that people will get greedy and take on debt, miss payments and then incur charges. Basically she’s wanting women to get into debt to get a lifestyle they can’t afford.
it’s high end loan sharking
Who advices her ?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Caroline had a vulnerability to her which made her likeable. We all knew she was looking for love too which was relateable, she came across as a friend who didn't judge the contestants for silly decisions. Her fashion was also more relateable to the audience and her little strut was good fun- Caroline knew how to do toungue in cheek well! She was also just a great presenter and able to react well on the live bits like aftersun and get good interviews. I think Caroline really was love island, you can tell she loved the show and would've watched it even if she wasn't involved whereas I just don't get that vibe from Laura.

I didn't know much about Laura before she took over the job but I looked her up as I didn't take to her last series at all. She came across as a bitchy Ice Queen who looked down on the contestants. Calling her "the whitmore" felt forced, like they were trying to make it catch on. I stopped watching aftersun as I found her awkward throughout, and just don't think she's as good a presenter tbh. It seems she just got the job because of her husband which is interesting as she thinks so highly of herself. I understand them doing it temporarily last year but I wish they'd had a think about it this time round. Maya Jama would have been a better fit or even one of the past girls like Olivia Atwood or Maura would have been good. I will be turning in again as a guilty pleasure but it will be interesting to see how she does this year.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.