Laura Melhuish-Sprague

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
don't really know how to feel about the pregnancy content tbh - really happy for them but also not something i can relate to rn so i'm just indifferent.

her new video - the pram talk seemed reasonable at first but then talking about maybe they should buy a double 'just in case' they're able to have another soonish after? actually quite insensitive and i would've expected her to have a different perspective following miscarriage. also felt like the 'it's a big investment' was her relatable box ticked for the video, bc in the next breath they're going to book a second holiday this pregnancy 🥴
I never watch pregnancy content as it's just not something I'm interested in. I haven't watched any of Laura's recent uploads. Same with other pregnant influencers I follow. I find pregnancy diaries extremely boring.

That said, is she having a boy or girl? 😄

Reactions: 4
I never watch pregnancy content as it's just not something I'm interested in. I haven't watched any of Laura's recent uploads. Same with other pregnant influencers I follow. I find pregnancy diaries extremely boring.

That said, is she having a boy or girl? 😄
boy! she'd been having vivid boy dreams apparently so another thing to slot perfectly into place

Does Laura often flaunt ASA rules like she did in her most recent video? Most of it is an AD, but that fact is only mentioned in the description, when it should be mentioned in the title, thumbnail and video itself. She's advertising clothes, which she says she 'picked up' - not once does she mention the video is a paid for advert.

I guess I don't usually pay that much attention to her, but I thought she'd be a stickler for the rules!

Reactions: 10
I really like her. Pure gossip I can’t get over the amount of money being spent - the car, tons of baby stuff, furniture, interior stuff.
Mind blowing.

Reactions: 10
They are both from wealthy backgrounds and the world of private schools. Nothing surprising here tbh. She even mentioned in the video she had an out of hours doctor visit for a rash. Privilege everywhere!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She speaks so slowly though. It's so annoying.
I wonder if those Pookie lights are sponsored, I've seen loads of influencers suddenly decorating their homes with these light fittings. (Emily Canham, Josie, VicITF, Georgie from Sheerluxe et al).

Reactions: 3
I really like her. Pure gossip I can’t get over the amount of money being spent - the car, tons of baby stuff, furniture, interior stuff.
Mind blowing.
And the planned "baby moon" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sorry I just can't with these stupid things.
which they're only not having because they can't fit it in on time, but will instead have 2 other separate vacations, before and after the baby comes. Can't relate.

And the planned "baby moon" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Sorry I just can't with these stupid things.
which they're only not having because they can't fit it in on time, but will instead have 2 other separate vacations, before and after the baby comes. Can't relate.
Yes and the baby moon especially since they were in Portugal fairly recently.
They work very hard on the house in fairness and I’m sure she’s got lots of ad deals etc. Still can’t get over it.
For example, their Christmas decorations are mainly White Company, they both seem to have a ton of designer clothes. The Italian wedding, pregnancy photo shoot etc.

Laura does makes me laugh. I don’t think she’s ever aimed for relatable but watching her content is a big eye opener for just how much disparity there is in the UK at the moment when it comes to cost of living. Food bank useage is at an all time high and this hoorah pair have made a ‘practical and sensible investment’ of a whopping great Range Rover for their baby wagon (heated seats a non-negotiable essential) and Laura is moaning about the struggles of online shopping while slapping Farrow and Ball painting on their skirting. Her decorators outfit of choice? A Rab coat..

inb4 I have no real jealousy beyond how it must feel to be that financially secure. I wouldn’t want a gas guzzler like a Range Rover and with Rab, like most brands you are mostly paying for the logo. It must be blissful to be so absolutely delulu

Reactions: 14
Is anyone else completely baffled about the extention chat? I appreciate there will soon be a baby but how can they possibly need even more space, the downstairs of the house is 4 rooms deep?! Surely they can reconfigure what they have. I know they are renovating, but their videos indicate there's almost entire floors of the house that they don't use and they don't seem to struggle with space so why do they need even MORE?!

Reactions: 8
Is anyone else completely baffled about the extention chat? I appreciate there will soon be a baby but how can they possibly need even more space, the downstairs of the house is 4 rooms deep?! Surely they can reconfigure what they have. I know they are renovating, but their videos indicate there's almost entire floors of the house that they don't use and they don't seem to struggle with space so why do they need even MORE?!
I haven't watched her in a while, but her house is huuuuge. Why would she need an extension if her family is growing just by one!?

I haven't watched her in a while, but her house is huuuuge. Why would she need an extension if her family is growing just by one!?
It will generate content so makes some sense from a work point of view.

They just seem like a couple who are so blessed in every way. In fairness both are very hard workers with great taste & as someone who struggles to hang a picture I find the amount of DIY he has learnt very very impressive.

That said, as I’ve said before, they live such a charmed life! While they have a baby they will be two floors of their house they don’t use at all - the top floor & the middle one. That’s insane to me and I’m not living on the breadline but like most people every single room in my house is used every day!

Honestly good luck to them extending with a baby. Especially if they plan to do some of the work like decorating, which I suspect they will. I naively put 'paint living room' on my maternity leave to do list LOL dream on, my partner even had some paternity leave and the living room is still unpainted. Granted I am not as much of a pro or hard worker as they are but that stuff all falls down the priority list when you're in the thick of it.

They do live a charmed life though, so they'll probably have a great sleeper and loads of help from family so they can crack on. And have option to move to in-laws while its dusty at home etc.

They work so hard on their home and I really admire them for that. I hope they get to soak in all the memories with their baby and not worry about the house reno too much while he's little. It goes by so fast and the house will still be there to improve at a later date.

In comparison to the rest of the house the kitchen could be considered “small”. I can understand their desire to do a side return extension or reconfigure the downstairs layout - although not at all necessary! It would be lovely to have a proper dining table in their kitchen for day to day family meals.

They really do live a very fortunate life, I hope once baby arrives they slow down and appreciate what they have.

Reactions: 2
The fact that she's able to do all of that DIY when heavily pregnancy is another demonstration of the privileged she enjoys. I don't know too many women who would have the strength and energy to do all of that while pregnant.

I also found her comments on taking progesterone to get pregnant a bit weird. Some of us have to take it every month to just function in this society and not keel over in pain.

So is that it now? Are we not going to get to see the finished renovations after following for so long?

Good on her for taking a proper maternity leave unlike other influencers, but to not see the renovated rooms in detail after seeing so much of the work is so annoying! Hopefully she can put out some content of the rooms before the baby is born.

Reactions: 5
I haven't watched but noticed her latest video is titled 'End of an era.' Is she quitting YouTube?
No, going offline (or not making content) for 'maternity leave' but I think she's also referencing moving on from the renovations to having a baby.

Reactions: 1
Just reviving this thread a little bit 😅
Her little one is so cute 🥰
I do look forward to her renovation videos - it seems she puts in a lot of hard work along with Oliver
Her fashion sense is growing on me too...although I had a look at her latest video where she is choosing which outfit to wear when baby arrives and the price tag when i checked was eye watering 🤯 it was a Doen floral dress which I think retails for about £400 🫠