Laura Melhuish-Sprague

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not really into watching her for her everyday life - only really interested in the renovating and decor stuff.
Hoping she's not only going to show the renovations when they are complete, like she was saying she might do! The whole reason why I started watching was to see the process as they went.... :(

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Agreed. Her 'reset' day just annoyed me. There was so little to do. Washed the bedding, made the bed, deleted some emails, food prepped and saying she's glad they get 4 meal kits a week as she 'couldn't cope' thinking of all the dinners.

bleeping hell.

Yes, we all have days where just do house or life admin but that seems like a nice lazy day to me!

Reactions: 4
It's alright guys, Laura has solved the cost of living crisis when it comes to heating - buy some UGGs according to her latest video 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What is she alluding to in new year? Maybe a pregnancy announcement as she keeps saying how unwell she's been recently?

She was saying that she had a cold and she hates being sick, and I know in a recent vlog they mentioned how her grandmother died - I don't think it's pregnancy because she wasn't talking about it in a positive light, but I could be wrong.

A bigger question I had is, if it's so dang freezing in your house because you have holes in your wall - why not cover and seal up those holes better?! I don't know maybe I'm a genius or something.... :unsure:

They both have seemed so unmotivated since before their wedding. They've barely gotten anything done in the last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What is she alluding to in new year? Maybe a pregnancy announcement as she keeps saying how unwell she's been recently?
I would say 99% pregnancy. They’ve always seemed very eager to start a family & I think that small room beside their bedroom is earmarked for a nursery which I think is a pity as the other bedrooms are close enough & it’s such a big house why not have a huge luxe master.

Pregnancy was my first thought too. If not pregnancy, then why not just say what it is now instead of waiting? She also mentioned her mum coming over because she wasn't well - but if it was anything in the way of cold/flu/covid/anything contagious then surely her mum would stay away...

Reactions: 2
They both have seemed so unmotivated since before their wedding. They've barely gotten anything done in the last year.
wow our understand of barely anything done are very different, they redid their landing floors fully, changed a window, ripped out the bedroom and are building it all back up, leveling floors and walls in the new bathroom, putting up plasterboard. That's like lifetime of work in my book.

wow our understand of barely anything done are very different, they redid their landing floors fully, changed a window, ripped out the bedroom and are building it all back up, leveling floors and walls in the new bathroom, putting up plasterboard. That's like lifetime of work in my book.
Guess it just seems like much less compared to previous years - also compared to other people I watch like xomacenna. Other people I watch have literally built their entire house in this last year - without any builders help either.

I went back and looked...
-put up studs in master bedroom/bathroom
-ikea pax wardrobe hack (not a huge job)
-scraped and repainted one stairs level (from third floor to second I think)
-relaid part of the floor but not sure on this as they didn't show it clearly
-replaced one window
-put up a couple of pieces of plasterboard

Heating and water/waste pipes were put in by workers over 8 months ago with little progress. I think workers also took down most of the old bedroom.
Feels like they lost momentum after or even before the wedding. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
On a side note, why doesn't Macenna have a tattle thread? I'd love to gossip about her

I tried watching her videos, but I just can't stand her. Way too over the top for me.
I just downvote her anytime she screams, but the actual projects are amazing. She's basically building her own house back up just like Laura and Oli, but Macenna is the one doing all the hard work as her partner lives in LA. Very impressive to see.

I just downvote her anytime she screams, but the actual projects are amazing. She's basically building her own house back up just like Laura and Oli, but Macenna is the one doing all the hard work as her partner lives in LA. Very impressive to see.
Yeah, I know... I tried watching and did watch the first ones. Although I didn't agree with some of the demolitions she made (I'm more for restoration than renovation), it seemed like a nice project. I just can't get over her personna - she screams way too much and is too bubbly for me 😂

I've been watching one of her friends, though. Lone Fox - his channel is pretty good and he's also working on his spanish style house in California.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I know... I tried watching and did watch the first ones. Although I didn't agree with some of the demolitions she made (I'm more for restoration than renovation), it seemed like a nice project. I just can't get over her personna - she screams way too much and is too bubbly for me 😂

I've been watching one of her friends, though. Lone Fox - his channel is pretty good and he's also working on his spanish style house in California.
Yeah I watch him too, love seeing them all renovating by themselves, really inspires me to give it a go myself. For me it all started with The Sorry Girls and then Lily Pebbles shared her home reno in a series before most people were doing it. I got hooked on that type of content ever since as we purchased our first house around the same time and it was a fixer upper.

Obviously doing well to be remortgaging the house.

It may be my poverty speaking but the house is already huge??? Do they really need to extend? Given the cost of the first mortgage, ALL the work they've done so far, the cost to remortgage and then the cost of the extension surely it would have been easier to just purchase a different house.

I don't know if she's in a really desirable post code or whatever but it just seems crazy to me 😂