Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often thought I was the only one who thought she was incredibly fake then this forum came along. Thing is, she’s read this forum but instead of taking it on board I think she’s got worse!! For years I felt like her narrative was what an amazing person/writer/friend/shagger she is and it’s never been about her audience and wanting to have a chat but about HER. Everything is part of her story. I feel like she really pushes her relationship with her brother because to her having a gay brother in an interracial relationship who lives in America makes her look quirky in turn. She can sell herself but the person she’s selling is one a lot of people are no longer buying.

She’s not ready to become a mum and she needs to step back from online and speaking into the void to figure out who she is without a bleeping yoga retreat in the Sahara, a Portuguese boyfriend or crap prints on the wall from Oliver bonas #gifted

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I often thought I was the only one who thought she was incredibly fake then this forum came along. Thing is, she’s read this forum but instead of taking it on board I think she’s got worse!! For years I felt like her narrative was what an amazing person/writer/friend/shagger she is and it’s never been about her audience and wanting to have a chat but about HER. Everything is part of her story. I feel like she really pushes her relationship with her brother because to her having a gay brother in an interracial relationship who lives in America makes her look quirky in turn. She can sell herself but the person she’s selling is one a lot of people are no longer buying.

She’s not ready to become a mum and she needs to step back from online and speaking into the void to figure out who she is without a bleeping yoga retreat in the Sahara, a Portuguese boyfriend or crap prints on the wall from Oliver bonas #gifted
This last paragraph 👌

Reactions: 1
For years I felt like her narrative was what an amazing person/writer/friend/shagger she is and it’s never been about her audience and wanting to have a chat but about HER
It must be exhausting to be close to her

She is as thick as pigshit. And actually she reminds me of a pig.

I just came on here to get some things off my chest because I think I've finally reached my limit with LJ and I sure hope she reads this forum.

I’ve been a fan of hers for years and I’ve been following her since before she moved to Bali. I have her books, I was even at her first book launch and met her in person. I've been rooting for her for a long time, but I think I'm finally really done now.
Making a joke about sexual abuse in a quirky outfit description because it adds “something” to the narrative, is heartbreaking. It’s just crass and irresponsible, especially as she's embarking on this adoption journey. There are so many institutionalised children who have to live with an insane amount of trauma and abuse. I’m a writer too and I understand and respect artistic licence or whatever she wants to call this, but this is just not okay. She's a public person, her social profiles are public and while no one expects her to be a role model, joking about child sexual abuse/rape is too much for me. And a trigger warning doesn't makes this any better.

Doesn't she realise the child she might end up adopting could have gone through something horrible? That the social worker handling her case could be reading all of this tit? She wants to adopt as a single mother, and I respect that tremendously but holy tit, LJ, put it in your book if you must and if it adds a layer to one of your characters but don't try and defend it for a stupid instagram post where you're showing off your bleeping sweatpants.
Phew.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is what happens when a person convinces themselves that something is okay because they want to do it. It's even worse if that person is like Laura and their entire personality is built around me me me. I noticed she has that stupid quote about wanting what you want on her wall (yup I went back to look despite unfollowing!). It's goddamn perfect for her.

Reactions: 4
You couldn't make it up. Except yes, exactly as predicted. Now on twitter LJW is sharing posts about why trigger warnings are so important!!

Has anyone listened to the podcast she's on this week? Has her accent changed yet?!

You couldn't make it up. Except yes, exactly as predicted. Now on twitter LJW is sharing posts about why trigger warnings are so important!!

Has anyone listened to the podcast she's on this week? Has her accent changed yet?!
Are you kidding??? She can NOT take this as a pity party. She knows nothing about trigger warnings because if she did she would have used one in the first place or not wrote about child gang rape at all!!

Since she found this forum she hasn’t storied and she will never admit that it’s the reason why she isn’t doing it anymore.

Instagram was how she was getting her name of there to sell her books so she can’t pretend like it doesn’t matter and life is too important.

What this forum did was burst her bubble. For a while she was living in a pretend world and people were fuelling it by pandering to her. This forum made her realise that she can’t bullshit everyone, she is see through, and it made her look at herself and analyse who she is instead of hiding behind characters and captions.

I was a fan but not anymore even got sucked into paying for her online insta story course which I felt as though was daylight robbery as the content was atrocious and just her talking about how amazing she is as insta storying.
I got sucked into the fraud but she is what she is. A fictional writer and the character we have seen of exactly that fictional until now.

Reactions: 7
I know someone who did her online course and said much the same thing.

I know someone who did her online course and said much the same thing.
All credit to her for making these complete money making schemes look like well-worth-forking-out-for advice. I hope she has family/friend support during her time offline. It has just always seemed that she uses the platform for affirmation so I hope she has some people to give her that whilst it's not coming from her trusty followers. Guess soon she will get it from the kid... a lot of weight to carry for that child!

I’m hoping she has family/friends she can talk to and get perspective on it all. It is only a social media account but I guess when that’s your livelihood and your followers start to disengage, it could cause panic. Hopefully she’ll be able to reset her compass and find her true self instead of selling a fake narrative that’s disingenuous and tired.

It's like when she launched her course "Ask the Question" which was basically her dabbling in life coaching - I remember reading her say "I know it sounds like you're paying me £160 to talk to you, but.... "

All credit to her for making these complete money making schemes look like well-worth-forking-out-for advice. I hope she has family/friend support during her time offline. It has just always seemed that she uses the platform for affirmation so I hope she has some people to give her that whilst it's not coming from her trusty followers. Guess soon she will get it from the kid... a lot of weight to carry for that child!
Agree. More than this though, I hope her time offline enables her to reassess her life and find the confidence to provide that affirmation for herself and not from others. She preaches independence, self love and confidence but I suspect she’s overcompensating because she feels quite the opposite about herself which, all said and done, is actually very sad.

Whether or not her courses are fraudulent I suppose depends on the thoughts of those who have bought into them. Her success doesn’t strike me as being commensurate to talent BUT she must be doing something right, even if just in marketing herself. I just hope she takes on board any criticism because this thread isn’t simply trolls sounding off but mostly former fans of hers who are disengaging. Since we buy her books, follow her on instagram and pay for her courses it’s us who essentially pay her bills. She would be a fool to simply disregard our thoughts.

Reactions: 3
Has she actively said she’s taking a social media break? I can’t see her changing at all.

Whether or not her courses are fraudulent I suppose depends on the thoughts of those who have bought into them. Her success doesn’t strike me as being commensurate to talent BUT she must be doing something right, even if just in marketing herself.
You expressed this much better than I could. I meant to say that what she has to teach is totally relative to whoever buys into it. I'm sure for every person who feels it was a narcissistic exercise and wasted money I have no doubt there would be an equal amount of people who find what she has to teach very valuable. Let's not forget many people here used to be fans of Laura and her self starting attitude is something to admire on many levels.

Reactions: 2
You expressed this much better than I could. I meant to say that what she has to teach is totally relative to whoever buys into it. I'm sure for every person who feels it was a narcissistic exercise and wasted money I have no doubt there would be an equal amount of people who find what she has to teach very valuable. Let's not forget many people here used to be fans of Laura and her self starting attitude is something to admire on many levels.
You’ve really hit the nail on the head there. A lot of us used to be engaged followers but have been switched off by her lack of authenticity, which ironically or not, seems to be her self-proclaimed selling point.

Reactions: 2
You’ve really hit the nail on the head there. A lot of us used to be engaged followers but have been switched off by her lack of authenticity, which ironically or not, seems to be her self-proclaimed selling point.
Absolutely this 👏🏻

The Girlboss account just posted this quote about building your brand: “Be aware of who you are building for as much as what you are building.” That pretty much says it all, I felt I was in the wrong building 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.