Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well Folbigg just went for it and I don’t blame her in the slightest. Laura is nasty piece of work.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Love Follbig’s post. Aren’t there laws against plagiarism? She should sue.
I wonder what book her next novel will rip off.

Her fragile ego is not going to like all this negative commentary one bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
But no one is naming her? Are they?
I believe someone replied to Rachael's tweet with screenshots of the Instagram "outfit post" and accompanying text earlier, but it doesn't seem to be there any more.

Just when I thought she couldn't get lower than 'coffee and biscuits in the food bank box.... easy' 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
Using child abuse and black lives matter as fodder for her outfit posts makes me sick. She is a narcissistic, exploitative piece of work who NEVER learns. She was flippant and rude to responses about the child abuse post and now she’s gone and done this.

• Angry
I am actually impressed she’s apologised instead of pretending it never happened. Perhaps she is finally learning.

I am actually impressed she’s apologised instead of pretending it never happened. Perhaps she is finally learning.
I think apologising and addressing it was the right thing to do.

Now, if she could have a word in Jack Monroe’s ear about not centering white POVs in the discussion....

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think it is great that she has apologized. I find it annoying that she hasn't disabled the comments. Because even though she has asked people not to send her encouragement and centre this on her, people are of course congratulating her and praising her in the comments. She was quick to disable and delete the comments on the post that caused this.

• Sick
Surely there is a better turn of phrase than “amplifying melanated voices”? It’s so clunky!

Reactions: 2
My only problem with it is saying please don’t encourage me or leave emojis etc - surely she should just turn her comments off then? Otherwise it seems like she’s waiting for praise/approval in her comments.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
My only problem with it is saying please don’t encourage me or leave emojis etc - surely she should just turn her comments off then? Otherwise it seems like she’s waiting for praise/approval in her comments.
In this case, I think it’s ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t.’ If she had posted with comments turned off, people wouldn’t have the ability to reply or feed back if they were hurt by her previous post... and we would have pulled her up on it.

I’m definitely firmly in the ex-fan camp these days, but I see why she left the comments open.

Reactions: 2
I think she posted an apology because her publishers told her too. There’s been rumblings and subtweeting from high profile figures about her and her publishers can’t afford a scandal before a book launch. She has zero self awareness (she mentions the “women who had to break this down for me”) and posting in stories, not on the grid is a cop out because they disappear. If you want to amplify voices, post on your grid.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think she posted an apology because her publishers told her too. There’s been rumblings and subtweeting from high profile figures about her and her publishers can’t afford a scandal before a book launch. She has zero self awareness (she mentions the “women who had to break this down for me”) and posting in stories, not on the grid is a cop out because they disappear. If you want to amplify voices, post on your grid.
I agree with this!! She hardly has a good bunch of friends that would help her see the light and from previous experience (sexual abuse post etc) she lacks so much in self awareness that I can’t imagine she had a moment of clarity.

Her apology feels quite performative and I do think it’s really important and good that she did apologise so publicly I just doubt it’s her own idea and do think it was the only thing she could do really....

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.