Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is her new book a fanfic about her own life? Her main character (presumably a northerner) leaves London and a 'sexy Italian' and she ends up working in the country where she finds two more suitors. Guess that's what happens when you can't just copy the plot of an existing book...

Reactions: 4
She’s talking on the Avon Books Instagram Stories about how Beyonce’s work inspires her for her own and it’s all very personal and a complicated process etc...

Wooow, she really thinks very highly of her crappy beach read books with stolen plots, doesn’t she? Imagine essentially comparing your own artistry (ha! What LJW does is not art) to BEYONCE.

Even comparing LJW’s output to Beyonce’s more pop-focused earlier years when she wasn’t making social statements with her music, I mean... it’s just not the same level, not even the same universe. Laura is to the literary world what The Fast Food Rockers (remember them, the Pizza Hut song?!) were to pop music.

PS - chins for days.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She posted the other day about why she deleted all her old posts in her column for Red magazine. I think it was a result of this thread, but basically she said "no one gets to know my past" .... ok 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She posted the other day about why she deleted all her old posts in her column for Red magazine. I think it was a result of this thread, but basically she said "no one gets to know my past" .... ok 👀
Didn't she publish her past for the world to see in her book Becoming?? I was gobsmacked at how much she overshared in that book. It was like a car-crash :/

Reactions: 3
Didn't she publish her past for the world to see in her book Becoming?? I was gobsmacked at how much she overshared in that book. It was like a car-crash :/
Sharing her past when it suits her and not in someone else's context to dissect I suppose, I dunno I guess it was a hard lesson for her to learn.

Funny that Red still commission her. I've heard rank things about her from there.

Reactions: 1
Funny that Red still commission her. I've heard rank things about her from there.
I know that all the Hearst magazines (like Red, Cosmo etc) asked their freelancers to take a massive pay cut when Covid hit (I have a friend who’s a regular contributor) so a lot of recent mags have included writers who are happy to work for less. Like our Laura.

We are going to need more details! 🍿
That she's rude, entitled, embarrassing. The worst kind of contributor cause she's a blogger and not really a writer, so they get her in for the followers/shares but the copy is dreadful. She really devalues the brand. On the plus side she's cheap.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know three high-profile bookstagram people/authors now who have declined to chair an event for her new book release. They didn’t want to be associated with LJ at ALL (although they made their excuses). And they’re just three I know of. I wonder how many more names turned it down. And whether she knows this. And who’ll take it in the end 🤷🏼‍♀️
I think we have our answer...

581153DE-CC11-4E56-92C2-457270F9EC1A.jpeg

• Wow
Has anyone noticed that her ‘Love Notes’ all have stickers/gifs on or are taken at an angle so you can’t read what it says? If you look closely though it seems that they all say the same thing (something along the lines of I hope you enjoy reading Penny’s story as much as I enjoyed writing it). I remember her advertising them as personalised so I feel like with the love note you must also get a note saying please do not share note contents on social media (as the personalised game would be up!)

Surely just swapping out the name and writing the same note over and over is not enough to qualify as personalised?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.