Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a lazy twit, getting her followers to come up with character ideas for her new book she's clearly majorly directionless with. I can't believe they fall for it! She'll harvest loads of them like she does with her writing course. Does she not have a single original idea?

• Angry
Reactions: 3
She was touting the idea of doing another biography about her past, present, future self.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Who are these people spending money on pre-recorded classes that she’s recycling from past online courses? Crazy. She writes such crappy novels, why on earth would you want to learn anything from her?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She has gained a lot of weight. Looking very frumpy and old in her latest photo in the woods.

I still remember her banging on about how she has no wrinkles and looks so young! I laughed then, but now I feel a bit sorry for her. Lockdown is obviously having quite an effect on her.

She's looking at those flowers in today's story as though they're her first born. As someone who must get a lot of freebies, it comes across as extremely fake.

If you pre order her next book 50 people are in with a chance of ‘winning’ a handwritten note from her...Is there still a loo roll shortage? Sooooooo fake. I don’t know why I keep looking at her posts, I detest her. I bet her mum & dad tread on eggshells around her. She still carries on blowing her own effin trumpet though! Sure sign of a narcissist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
If you pre order her next book 50 people are in with a chance of ‘winning’ a handwritten note from her...Is there still a loo roll shortage? Sooooooo fake. I don’t know why I keep looking at her posts, I detest her. I bet her mum & dad tread on eggshells around her. She still carries on blowing her own effin trumpet though! Sure sign of a narcissist.
The world needs a cure for covid and she thinks a hand-written note from her is gonna change it. The narcissism is immense!! And a desperate effort to boost pitiful pre-orders. (FYI: it didn’t. She’ll be lucky if this little brainstorm covers the cost of 50 stamps.)

• Haha
“To the friends who surprise you with arena flowers just because”- they are PR freebies we all know this!!! Does she actually have any real friends?? Her previous post was an hour long phone call with a “friend” (hardly IG worthy aren’t we all having long calls??) whose number isn’t saved but is coming up as suggested. WE SEE THROUGH YOU. Gosh I dislike her.

• Heart
“To the friends who surprise you with arena flowers just because”- they are PR freebies we all know this!!! Does she actually have any real friends?? Her previous post was an hour long phone call with a “friend” (hardly IG worthy aren’t we all having long calls??) whose number isn’t saved but is coming up as suggested. WE SEE THROUGH YOU. Gosh I dislike her.
Yeah, she was one of about 50 “influencers” and public figures who got those bleeping flowers. She’s not even remotely special.

as a side note a friend did one of her courses and I saw the videos and duck me, I wanted to rip my own skin off watching them. The gestures, her accent, the sense of entitlement that oozed from the screen. I have no idea how anyone would employ her, let alone give her a book deal. Beggars belief.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She comes across as quite a bitter person. ‘Refusing to settle’ hmm is that what you’re calling it 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Interesting review of her new book:

i am just profoundly annoyed that williams would write a book about one of the most self-centered, selfish and immature characters ever and then dare to camouflage that as being a strong, independent woman, who gets "rewarded", in the end.

penny is, ultimately, a character based on the type of people i try my hardest to stay away from.

i was also really disappointed in how charlie's character was used in this book. they were a non-binary character that was introduced for the sake of representation. their character was just that. someone who was non-binary. period. there was nothing more to them. if that's what williams is going to do with a non-binary character, then it's better to not do anything at all, in my opinion. it was just so.. reductive.

and just so it doens't go unmentioned: the lizzo references? i cringed.

lastly, i just wanted to say i didn't appreciate how it came across like williams was trying to teach me about technology. not that i think some people wouldn't appreciate help, as i'm a bit technologically challenged myself but, let's just say that, if i need help with my phone or an app, i'm not looking for it in a romance novel.

honestly, no wonder this took me so long to finish.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She comes across as quite a bitter person. ‘Refusing to settle’ hmm is that what you’re calling it 🤷‍♀️
I think she is trying to covertly defend herself and her choices, because ultimately there is likely a part of her that is disappointed she is 34, single, childless, whatever. I know from my own experience (no kids) and from single friends that being in your 30s and not having the typical husband, kids, dog, mortgage and National Trust membership can alienate you from your peers. I think she feels this, and she is trying to make it clear that she chose this, before anyone dare judge her.

The funny thing is, of all the things to judge her for, I’d never care about her being mid-30s and single etc. I doubt many of us would. I admit I do judge her and find her strangely fascinating, but really for things like her narcissism, her lies and grandstanding, her obsession with how she is viewed by others, and how it makes her reinvent her narrative a lot, all that armchair psychology stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think she is trying to covertly defend herself and her choices, because ultimately there is likely a part of her that is disappointed she is 34, single, childless, whatever. I know from my own experience (no kids) and from single friends that being in your 30s and not having the typical husband, kids, dog, mortgage and National Trust membership can alienate you from your peers. I think she feels this, and she is trying to make it clear that she chose this, before anyone dare judge her.

The funny thing is, of all the things to judge her for, I’d never care about her being mid-30s and single etc. I doubt many of us would. I admit I do judge her and find her strangely fascinating, but really for things like her narcissism, her lies and grandstanding, her obsession with how she is viewed by others, and how it makes her reinvent her narrative a lot, all that armchair psychology stuff.
I agree with everything you’ve said. She used to bang on about her future husband and how she was getting ready for him. Then when she had the Italian boyfriend she used to talk about him giving her his seed 😳 :sick:

• Sick
No wonder she’s single at 34 - she only has space for herself, she’s OBSESSED. There is no room for anyone else. I just don’t understand how she can write ‘romance novels’ but she doesn’t believe in it. She’s very bitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ughhh tried to post a screenshot of her story asking for pre-orders by leaning on the "if a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it blah blah" metaphor, which I guess is ironic, but still.

Read a little bit of Our Stop, it parodies modern women so much that it feels like men writing women.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.