Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No wonder she’s single at 34 - she only has space for herself, she’s OBSESSED. There is no room for anyone else. I just don’t understand how she can write ‘romance novels’ but she doesn’t believe in it. She’s very bitter.
She can't write romance novels, they're crap. She was commissioned to write a copy of The Note cause it did well - but because that was based on the writer's real romance, and she's bitter and single, it didn't work. Go figure. Now Avon are locked into a four-book deal, Our Stop didn't do that well, and the next one is getting *terrible* industry reviews. So she's panicking and begging for preorders, but talking to the same void. I'd say that's justice for all the people she's shat on (seem to be a lot on this thread!), justice to Zoe Folbig for copying her book, and justice to all the people she's charged loads for her courses. Which are meant to be diabolical. Karma innit.

Reactions: 5
Jesus, the tongue is well and truly out in today’s Insta Stories. Sick of the sight of it.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
She can't write romance novels, they're crap. She was commissioned to write a copy of The Note cause it did well - but because that was based on the writer's real romance, and she's bitter and single, it didn't work. Go figure. Now Avon are locked into a four-book deal, Our Stop didn't do that well, and the next one is getting *terrible* industry reviews. So she's panicking and begging for preorders, but talking to the same void. I'd say that's justice for all the people she's shat on (seem to be a lot on this thread!), justice to Zoe Folbig for copying her book, and justice to all the people she's charged loads for her courses. Which are meant to be diabolical. Karma innit.
well apparently Our Stop is being adapted for screen, which is well, not that great for Folbig

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Woah. Has anyone seen today’s “today I’m dressed as…”?

just…wow.

Reactions: 1
Someone commented saying that it was inappropriate to send such a message via an outfit post, and Laura is defending herself by claiming it was a deliberate choice to “get favoured by the algorithym”.

I’m sorry but I don’t believe her. I think she made some good points in her caption, but doing it as one of her characters to me screams that she wanted everyone to praise her for being so clever and such a good writer and being a good ally to black people.

It absolutely does come across as insensitive. It is inappropriate to connect the very real issue of racism with her pathetic outfit posts, just like the child sex abuse from last year post was inappropriate too.

I hope she puts her money where her mouth is and proves she’s actually the ally she wants to be seen as - give space on her platform to black writers, for example. Lift up their work, rather than bleating on about her own all the time.

Also, absolutely minor side note, but that outfit is ridiculous and incredibly unflattering. I guess she’s going to claim that was a choice based on the racist character now, or something!

Reactions: 11
I’m glad she’s getting roasted for her post choices (it says the post has been edited so not sure what it read before). And her response? You’re a grown woman FFS, you should know this isn’t the time or place for your silly characters.

Also, having a scroll through the people she follows it’s just a bunch of white faces and brands. Maybe if she took a look outside of her social bubble she might actually learn something

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There I was, about to comment on her “review” in Cosmopolitan (they hadn’t read it at time of going to press, and were livid when they did...) and she’s done what she calls a “popular” #laurajanewears post to hit the algorithms that’s frumpy AF - when she really ought to have gone with another hashtag. This one exposes the gargantuan awfulness and clumsiness of her and confirms everything I’ve heard about her is true.

She’s turned comments off now. Guess they’re not all as gushing as the initial ones

Just joined to comment on this. Just... wow. I find her weirdly fascinating inasmuch as I don’t think I’ve ever come across anyone quite so self obsessed and self congratulatory

Reactions: 6
Laura saying she’d put links to help etc in her Stories not only is a crap attempt (she’s shared a couple of Instagram posts half-heartedly, not actual help!), it’s also really unfair. Stories delete after 24 hours, what’s the point? Why not put them on her grid, for permanence? If she cares so much and has thought about this so deeply, why is she simply sharing other viral posts, that thousands of others have already shared, for a mere 24 hours?

It’s so clear to me that she thought about herself first and foremost - her Instagram “aesthetic”, getting attention for her writing and “creativity” (lol), how she could look like a good little white ally while still being lavished in praise by her followers.

Speaking up about racism in this bizarre, roundabout way is just another way for her to service herself and her own needs, her own image. Perhaps she’s had a modicum of self-awareness for once, which is why comments are now off.

I can’t believe she did another one of her awful outfits insta posts! Little house on the prairie bullshit. Hehe guys, I am wearing what a white racist woman would wear!! To feel pretty but also to make a point!!
I still can’t get over her child abuse one, which only validates the fact that she is not serious about what she posts, she fuckin trivialises deeply troubling issues to try and be relevant and woke. What the hell is wrong with her? This tone deaf, ignorant, self-absorbed sad mess of a woman should either be helpful and a true ally or stfu.

I’m glad she’s getting roasted for her post choices (it says the post has been edited so not sure what it read before). And her response? You’re a grown woman FFS, you should know this isn’t the time or place for your silly characters.

Also, having a scroll through the people she follows it’s just a bunch of white faces and brands. Maybe if she took a look outside of her social bubble she might actually learn something
Wow.

What sort of response did she think she'd get with posting shite like that? An absolutely abhorrent incident has just happened and she thinks oh I know, I'll make an anti-racism post, I've got just the outfit to go with it!

What a narcissist.

I unfollowed her last year but my goodness that racism post is bad. Someone take her aside and have a word, please. Although that said she's in the Alice J_T gang and they applauded her moving herself and her children in with a conman she barely knew. So I guess there's no hope for Laura.

• Haha
Bit late on this one as I only saw that outfit post once the comments had closed, but UUUURURRGGHHHHH.

That post put all of my hairs on end with how awful it was.

Then I saw this just now, and knew EXACTLY who she meant. (Now deleted, shame.)

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 11.42.29.png

Reactions: 12
She really is vile. I saw the original post when comments were open and her responses to “feedback” (her wording) was just so bleeping caviler. She’s trash.

Not surprised that she did that awful post. Do you remember when she dated the Indian man and wrote gushing things exoticising him with NO clue that it came across as pretty racist?

Or the posts when she was in Turkey and she was *cRyInG* over the plight of refugees, WHILST DRINKING BEER AND EATING PIZZA?!! She has ZERO self awareness. I wouldn't be surprised if she comes out with 'but I'm not racist, I have a black character in my book!'

Looking forward to how she styles this one out. Anyone think we will see a 'social media' holiday soon!??

And the adoption is definitely off. Funny how she's never even mentioned it since.

Where are her mates in all this?

Looks like she’s deleted the post. She must be reading her thread again *waves*

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.