Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you mean Sarah? @thissarahpowell? She’s shouty and OTT and reminds me a lot of LJW.
That’s the one. They copy each others way of talking, who knows which one wants to be the other. 😂

Reactions: 1
I don't know how to quote threads like others have, but picking up on the comments about her home friends, and how stuff doesn't add up. She sold a lot of books and articles on this premise of her 'high school' sweetheart dumping her for her best mate. And now she's back at home, where are the rest of the high school pals? Cos if this situation was as AWFUL and hEaRtBrEaKiNg as she's made out for the longest possible time, then surely everyone was on her corner on this and will be welcoming her back home with open arms?

So either she had no mates, or she has dumped people as quick as you can say shoo to a fly after leaving that Derbyshire 'high school' 😂 or it's pure FANTASY.

Reactions: 2
And yes, she isn’t communicating with people who she doesn’t see as ‘important’ people. She doesn’t even acknowledge them.
Yep I’ve had every single message I’ve sent in response to her stories completely ignored 🙄

Reactions: 3
I don't know how to quote threads like others have, but picking up on the comments about her home friends, and how stuff doesn't add up. She sold a lot of books and articles on this premise of her 'high school' sweetheart dumping her for her best mate. And now she's back at home, where are the rest of the high school pals? Cos if this situation was as AWFUL and hEaRtBrEaKiNg as she's made out for the longest possible time, then surely everyone was on her corner on this and will be welcoming her back home with open arms?

So either she had no mates, or she has dumped people as quick as you can say shoo to a fly after leaving that Derbyshire 'high school' 😂 or it's pure FANTASY.
I’ve always wondered how the ex bf and the friend feel about having their business plastered over IG and in print. Must be awful for them, especially if her side of things is exaggerated! Apparently they’re still married after all this time - wonder what they think of her!

Just looked at reviews of Becoming on Amazon and lots of people are saying it comes across very narcissistic.

Not surprised if she dumped all her ‘small town’ Derby mates to live a ‘glamorous’ life in London. I mean, she’s using 26000 people on Instagram for financial gain every day...

And she doesn’t seem very involved with the local community does she?

Hate the trend of people moving from small towns for London, wasting all their cash and moving back ‘home’ only to add nothing to the community and constantly slag it off.

A while back she was being all soul searching saying she wanted to volunteer at a soup kitchen (it’s not Victorian times love) loads of local people commented suggestions and guess what...

And saw a post where she complained about the lack of restaurants. You’re in the gorgeous sodding Peak District not the back end of beyond 😂

The IKEA thing was ridiculous. She made herself sound like a weak little woman - not quite the column of feminism she wants to stand for. I don’t believe a word this woman says. Does anyone else think she moved back to Derby because she was skint and not to do with the adoption process? She’s a full on fraud with semi circle eyebrows.

Was the lying when she went shopping to IKEA and said she was meeting a "friend who lived close by" but we never actually saw his face?! I also thought these insta women were top of the game for new trends, and drinking from take away cups ain't in fashion any more mate! 😂
I think the whole “oh look I’m meeting A FRIEND” Thing was in response to the posts on here saying she doesn’t have any friends. Which means she’s definitely still reading, so hopefully some of these posts will have gotten through to her? But I doubt it, because normally everything is about her. That’s what annoyed me the most about her Instagram Pity Party - no mention of anyone else who has threads on here, just Me Me Me.

I think the whole “oh look I’m meeting A FRIEND” Thing was in response to the posts on here saying she doesn’t have any friends. Which means she’s definitely still reading, so hopefully some of these posts will have gotten through to her? But I doubt it, because normally everything is about her. That’s what annoyed me the most about her Instagram Pity Party - no mention of anyone else who has threads on here, just Me Me Me.
I hope something gets through to her - she’s missing out on the fun of life by being such a self obsessed emotional vampire.

On paper, I actually think I’d love following (and supporting!) ‘a Derbyshire based writer going through the adoption process as a single woman’- that kind of account would feel so fresh and authentic.

Sadly, as we’ve all seen, the mask slipped and it’s not who she really is...

Pretty sure it was her dad (or just made up)

I look forward to her reinvention after this, she's going to do a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT declaring how she's no longer talking about the adoption & won't be sharing as much of her life because of BAD PEOPLE talking about her online. A bit like she styled herself as an Italian housewife when she had an Italian boyfriend she's going to try on a new personality after this I bet.

You know what though, there's no shame in being lonely, or wishing you had more friends that's why I do feel sorry for her because she looks so lonely.

Pretty sure it was her dad (or just made up)

I look forward to her reinvention after this, she's going to do a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT declaring how she's no longer talking about the adoption & won't be sharing as much of her life because of BAD PEOPLE talking about her online. A bit like she styled herself as an Italian housewife when she had an Italian boyfriend she's going to try on a new personality after this I bet.

You know what though, there's no shame in being lonely, or wishing you had more friends that's why I do feel sorry for her because she looks so lonely.
She changes her personality and identity so much, trying out new characters like she’s in a book. I don’t feel sorry for her because I think she’s had lots of opportunity for friendships but thinks she’s above everyone else.

Anyone remember that guy she met on one of her yoga retreats, who was supposedly the love of her life? Only it turned out he'd been telling every other gullible over privileged white girl the same thing? http://www.superlativelyrude.com/2015/06/laura-jane-williams-india-yoga-boyfriend.html?m=1
Thing is, she really can write. I always do enjoy reading her writing, it can be beautiful. Shame about the subject matter...if it wasn't so Me Me Middle-Class White Woman Better Than You exclusive it would be a lot easier to take. People shoot Lena Dunham down in flames constantly for less.

Reactions: 4
Wow, that blog post is cringe... she’s a bit of a try hard writer isn’t she? It feels quite forced and wordy for the sake of it. And at the bottom is says subscribing to her blog is ‘like, totally a feminist act’ or something similar FFS!! And once again, cringe 😖

Thing is, she really can write. I always do enjoy reading her writing, it can be beautiful. Shame about the subject matter...if it wasn't so Me Me Middle-Class White Woman Better Than You exclusive it would be a lot easier to take. People shoot Lena Dunham down in flames constantly for less.
Haha cross posted with me saying she isn’t a good writer 😄 it’s all opinions isn’t it 😄

Haha cross posted with me saying she isn’t a good writer 😄 it’s all opinions isn’t it 😄
:LOL: exactly. But yeah, if it wasn't all about some deep, wild, mystery man that she meets at a flamin' YOGA RETREAT I'd enjoy it one heck of a lot more.

It just seemed a bit try hard for me. Also the feeling that she felt him before she saw him... I’m sure I’ve read that cheesy line somewhere before (more than once) 😖

• Sick
Wow, that blog post is cringe... she’s a bit of a try hard writer isn’t she? It feels quite forced and wordy for the sake of it. And at the bottom is says subscribing to her blog is ‘like, totally a feminist act’ or something similar FFS!! And once again, cringe 😖

She obviously loves to write but yeah, the subject matter is WHITE AF 😂 The bit ‘the way he wore time’ Jesus 🤢

• Sick
She is going to milk finding this for all it's worth. Wanna get she sells an online course on how to deal with trolls in the future?

• Haha
She is going to milk finding this for all it's worth. Wanna get she sells an online course on how to deal with trolls in the future?
They’ll have courses on how to poo if they thought they could sell it. Just a thought - how easily can she adopt? Being freelance means no steady income and she just rents her home. Her parents are close by but they’re older and she doesn’t seem to have friends who could help out. Her naked body is all over the Internet and she’s basically brought out a book about her sex life and dating. Her digital footprint would cause so much embarrassment for a kid... and putting it out that she’s adopting surely means she’ll tell a child they’re adopted early on as they’d easily know if they googled her.

• Haha
They’ll have courses on how to poo if they thought they could sell it. Just a thought - how easily can she adopt? Being freelance means no steady income and she just rents her home. Her parents are close by but they’re older and she doesn’t seem to have friends who could help out. Her naked body is all over the Internet and she’s basically brought out a book about her sex life and dating. Her digital footprint would cause so much embarrassment for a kid... and putting it out that she’s adopting surely means she’ll tell a child they’re adopted early on as they’d easily know if they googled her.
I think she's probably eligible. From what I've seen she is pretty savvy about money (and to her credit does encourage other people to save and look at their finances blah blah) and she doesn't have ten weddings and hen dos a year like most 35 year olds (remember that time she went to a hen do and basically called all of the other hens basic witches on her insta 🤣🤣) bet the wedding was fun lollll.

I think that stripping off to her pants or writing about sex shouldn't stop someone being able to adopt cos everyone has some dodgy stuff in their past (don't they lol?!)

But I do think that she is blind to the poor kid that has to be adopted and the sad place it must of come from. Notice how she never mentions it?

Just read that blog from earlier errrr does she want to bring any more exoticism in her writing?? This must have been around the time when she quit that yoga teaching cos someone called her fat even though she moved to India from Indonesia coz it was her dream come true and her life ambition but then she quit after a few handstands and not making any yoga mates. Honestly if I read this in a book it would get a 1 star rating for being too unbelievable!!

I think that stripping off to her pants or writing about sex shouldn't stop someone being able to adopt cos everyone has some dodgy stuff in their past (don't they lol?!)

But I do think that she is blind to the poor kid that has to be adopted and the sad place it must of come from. Notice how she never mentions it
Oh I agree, I just wondered how social services would see it and her very public online persona.

She doesn’t care where the kid comes from, it’s all about her and her desire to be a mother. I can’t see it happening to be honest.

I’m actually listening to the audiobook of Becoming at the moment because in general I find LJW’s work quite interesting but it’s so incredibly privileged and humblebraggy that I have to keep skipping chapters.

I actually haven’t got much of an insight into why she decided to start sleeping with lots of men following her actually quite typical break-up or in fact why this was such a momentous experience. Like..plenty of people end a long term relationship in their early twenties. She admits it wasn’t right for a long time before the break. It’s not that strange that he would move onto a mutual friend given they share the same circle. It’s heartbreaking at the time of course, but such a common experience in early adulthood. From the way it was presented as a selling point for the memoir I thought it was going to be far more dramatic.
And she seems to aggressively instigate and largely enjoy the random sex. It’s hardly Fleabag, more like Kat Slater - ‘I didn’t just become a slag, I became a TOTAL SLAG’.

It’s also just littered with people telling her or in fact LJW just straight up telling us how great she is - I’m top of my class, I’m a great teacher, I just need to believe in myself. Etc.

I’ve been following her for a few years now and her history with men is really weird. She talks about them obsessively and then they disappear. Like the yoga guy and then the ‘6ft Italian Neuroscientist’. I read a post where she said the immoral line ‘I think of him when I masturbate’ and my life has not known peace since.

FYI she has a history of going mental over forums. She had a whole post about GOMI and then I remember the thread got deleted
:unsure:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.