Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think truth hurts and the reason she didn’t like what she read is there is some truth in it, especially the adoption side of things and that she is gearing up to be an instamum - I’m sure she’s seeing it as a nice way to make some extra money and is already planning the outfits she will wear for the school run and so on...
I do think some of these influencers must run their hands with glee when they see a tattle thread about them... it’s a chance to do a poor me post and get loads of people boosting their ego in the comments.
Completely agree. I believe she’s made a career out of (or a least started out) sharing her personal life (being a dating columnist at one point and writing books about herself). She’s then gone full Insta wanker with competitions, ads, collabs and I’m pretty sure I saw her promote a mop once. 🤷‍♀️

So if people want to speculate whether she’ll add a strand to her career through motherhood, it’s fair game for them to discuss it.

It’s also reasonable to think that in contrast to someone like Elsie Larson who now advocates for adoption by providing free content on her blog and IG, Laura may be waiting for that book deal or splashy op ed in a Sunday paper as she isn’t currently being as forthcoming. She’ll either go that route or she won’t but people will have strong feelings about it either way.

Also agree that if you’ve been criticised it’s an opportunity to be reflective and more self aware, rather than hoover up fawning messages from other influencers and being a victim. Just another proof point that influencers don’t live in the real world and very apt for the phrase ‘strikes a nerve’.

At the end of the day, you don’t need Instagram to be an author...

Reactions: 2
Completely agree. I believe she’s made a career out of (or a least started out) sharing her personal life (being a dating columnist at one point and writing books about herself). She’s then gone full Insta wanker with competitions, ads, collabs and I’m pretty sure I saw her promote a mop once. 🤷‍♀️

So if people want to speculate whether she’ll add a strand to her career through motherhood, it’s fair game for them to discuss it.

It’s also reasonable to think that in contrast to someone like Elsie Larson who now advocates for adoption by providing free content on her blog and IG, Laura may be waiting for that book deal or splashy op ed in a Sunday paper as she isn’t currently being as forthcoming. She’ll either go that route or she won’t but people will have strong feelings about it either way.

Also agree that if you’ve been criticised it’s an opportunity to be reflective and more self aware, rather than hoover up fawning messages from other influencers and being a victim. Just another proof point that influencers don’t live in the real world and very apt for the phrase ‘strikes a nerve’.

At the end of the day, you don’t need Instagram to be an author...
But she did need Instagram to be an author. Her following helped her get a book deal. Her second book rightly flopped thank god.

Laura forgets that she’s paraded herself dancing in her underwear but now she’s trying to jump through the adoption hoops all that’s been forgotten.

Most of these people do need Instagram for their book deals. Because there's no bleeping way most of the drivel would be published if they didn't have 20k+ followers.

I have a real mix of sympathy and pity for her. She comes across as really lonely. She doesn't seem to have many friends, and the ones she does make soon disappear. (she did some website called IRL or something with another social media girl who swiftly vanished off the face of the earth, replaced by mysterious comments in posts), she made out like her house in London was rented alone, even though she once stayed at her housemate's fancy family pad, (they soon disappeared off her feed) and she doesn't have any friends from her 'high school' days. If my mates saw me talking in that weird accent or talking to myself so often on the camera they'd call bullshit pretty quickly! 😂

The kick in the balls for me is that in other jobs there's someone who oversees what you're doing, there's a code of conduct, and guidelines to follow - where as the advertisers (cos that's actually what Instagram 'influencers' are) can freely spread their bullshit around like butter without any regulation or comeuppance. She does cooking posts without admitting it's from one of those meal delivery boxes, she's able to promote herself as this wonderful caring human who wants to adopt - making it seem like a selfless and beautiful experience - without ever ONCE stopping to acknowledge how truly awful it will be for the child to have been born in to difficult circumstances and removed from his or her family, and then the parents who - regardless of the circumstance - will be losing a child. That child will not be a mini version of those London kids she babysat. They will have problems and most likely some deep trauma. It's fucked up, and THIS is why I pity her. She cannot see beyond the end of her nose and the John Lewis blazer department (wtf?!) to consider ANYONE else apart from herself. Anyway, how is that mini Boden kid gonna have space to swing its artisan wooden blocks in that tiny flat with all those nik naks on every surface?! 😂

Her whole schtik is based on being 'authentic' but ever notice how sometimes stuff doesn't add up? The 'year of celibacy' that lasted ten months, the decade long relationship with the 'high school sweetheart' that must have started when she was 12 in order for the dates to work, the yoga retreat she quit, the Bali trip she quit and never mentioned again? If she wants to be authentic, then do it, not this over priveldged middle class crying down the camera duck wittery she's congratulating herself on.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I personally know about an occassion when she lied so I wouldn’t trust her much. She is fake, insecure, desperate and she thinks she knows everything. She is fishing for symphathy and praise constantly...like many other ‘influencers’. Just pathetic. And that how they lick each other’s ‘wounds’ (and arse).

I'm so confused by this thread - why waste all this energy hating someone you don't even know? Why not just unfollow and be done? What does this negativity and cruelty add to your own lives? Does talking tit about other people make you feel better about yourselves? If it does, maybe examine that. If it doesn't, well then why on earth would you be doing it?

Laura Jane is a person, just like you all are, and you're saying such mean things. How would you feel if there was an entire forum dedicated to demeaning your looks and your life choices?

Be better, people.
I wouldn’t be so concerned. She is using this thread anyway so after all it benefits her. Every cloud...every cloud.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Right so let me get this right, the Insta wankers hate forums like this as we dare to say things other than just kind words. BUT they then call us all the names under the sun, make untrue claims about our mental health, we're miserable, evil, witches etc.

How is that not the worst hypocrisy ever?

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Spot on about the adoption JammyEmmy, it always made me feel a bit iffy and I couldn’t figure out why - you’ve nailed it! It does seem like when it’s mentioned it’s to show how saintly she is for adopting - I know people like this who have an air of ‘the children we adopted should be grateful we adopted them’ with no acknowledgement of how the children may feel...
I wonder if her social worker watches her Instagram.

Reactions: 4
Spot on about the adoption JammyEmmy, it always made me feel a bit iffy and I couldn’t figure out why - you’ve nailed it! It does seem like when it’s mentioned it’s to show how saintly she is for adopting - I know people like this who have an air of ‘the children we adopted should be grateful we adopted them’ with no acknowledgement of how the children may feel...
I wonder if her social worker watches her Instagram.
That’s why she’s freaking out about this forum, because she thinks it’ll show the social workers the truth.

I enjoy that whilst she's calling out this forum, she has actually taken on board what people are saying - notice now how she's replying to regular people instead of just her insta advertising pals? With any luck she will drop the weird accent too. I just can't quite understand why so many people buy into her utter bullshit. Oh, and selling a course on how to do Instagram stories which includes a booklet on just how great YOU are? A stroke of genius. Keep selling that snake oil.

Reactions: 3
Right so let me get this right, the Insta wankers hate forums like this as we dare to say things other than just kind words. BUT they then call us all the names under the sun, make untrue claims about our mental health, we're miserable, evil, witches etc.

How is that not the worst hypocrisy ever?

Completely agree.

There’s a HUGE difference between ‘trolling’ and:

-criticism based on observations and personal experience

-speculating about someone living their life through a public medium

-holding an influencer accountable as it’s a pretty much unregulated industry

-having a laugh and not putting people on a pedestal

Knew she’d hijack the trolling movement for her own PR purposes. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. As I’ve said before, there are some positive comments in this thread she’s bypassed. (Thought she wanted to put positivity and love into the world lol).

At least her ‘community’ adore her. You know, the ones she wants to sell books to. They do realise she isn’t going to be mates with them or shout out their Instagram if they fawn over her, right?

And I LOVE how she twisted what we said for maximum victim impact:

-no one made fun of her voice, they’d observed she puts fake accents on with a high pitch

- no one said she couldn’t/shouldn’t adopt they queried how she’ll parent as someone who’s an influencer and made money through her personal life in the past

-no one can critique her eyebrows but she can write blogs about them and collab with beauty brands?

Now absolutely convinced
someone that needs so many followers must be the most draining fragile ego-ed person of all time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Why doesn’t she have any local friends if she’s moved back home? I definitely find that quite strange. I don’t spend all my time with my parents. We are the same age as each other

Why doesn’t she have any local friends if she’s moved back home? I definitely find that quite strange. I don’t spend all my time with my parents. We are the same age as each other
I think I’ve said before but it’s basically because she ignores ‘normal’ people who comment. I saw loads of local people recommending spots, offering to meet up for coffee etc. and she ignores them all or just sends an emoji back. It’s the main reason I unfollowed because it felt a bit Regina George 😂

Last edited:
I've just got it. She is going to use this forum as the reason she can't adopt. Adopting is a MASSIVE deal, and I bet she'll be getting cold feet but can't think of a convenient way of making it disappear like her other abandoned vanity projects. This would be the perfect excuse. Make up a few lies about not being able to do it because she's too public or whatever.

• Wow
I think I’ve said before but it’s basically because she ignores ‘normal’ people who comment. I saw loads of local people recommending spots, offering to meet up for coffee etc. and she ignores them all or sends an emoji back. It’s the main reason I unfollowed because it felt a bit Regina George 😂
This is true. I know it from fact and experience. In real life she is pretty ignorent and incredibly selfish. Seeing how she is selling her ‘wisdom’ is pathetic. There is another ‘influencer’ she is hanging out with occassionally and that woman has exactly the same tone of voice, vocabulary and style of talking in stories. They copying each other. Lol I can’t remember that other clown’s name but it made me laugh when I saw her stories and realised the similarity.

Reactions: 1
This is true. I know it from fact and experience. In real life she is pretty ignorent and incredibly selfish. Seeing how she is selling her ‘wisdom’ is pathetic. There is another ‘influencer’ she is hanging out with occassionally and that woman has exactly the same tone of voice, vocabulary and style of talking in stories. They copying each other. Lol I can’t remember that other clown’s name but it made me laugh when I saw her stories and realised the similarity.
Ooh can you tell us more about your experiences with her? Would love to know more.

Is it Jamie Varon?

Do you mean Sarah? @thissarahpowell? She’s shouty and OTT and reminds me a lot of LJW.

She's another one that only hangs out with her social media "friends", so they can all sit around drinking Espresso martinis, cooing "babe, you're amazing", #strongwomen.

She does have one friend from school Callum Mcswiggan who was embroiled in a tit storm a few years back for lying to the police about getting beaten up a la Jussie Smollet http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...denies-lying-to-police-about-an-assault-in-la

Hope he’s not one of her adoption references 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.