Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you mean Sarah? @thissarahpowell? She’s shouty and OTT and reminds me a lot of LJW.
I have to say I absolutely love Sarah. I know she’s got a similar vibe in some ways but she does seem to put her money where her mouth is in terms of bothering with and showing kindness to the ‘little people’ and not only replying to other influencers.

Reactions: 1
This is true. I know it from fact and experience. In real life she is pretty ignorent and incredibly selfish. Seeing how she is selling her ‘wisdom’ is pathetic. There is another ‘influencer’ she is hanging out with occassionally and that woman has exactly the same tone of voice, vocabulary and style of talking in stories. They copying each other. Lol I can’t remember that other clown’s name but it made me laugh when I saw her stories and realised the similarity.
are you able to tell us more about knowing her?

Laura Jane Williams "I'm just here being brave and being myself to be authentic"

Also LJW (from her website) :

And somebody, because I excel on this very niche part of the Instagram platform, and it makes me money both directly and indirectly. I've been fully self-employed for two years, partially self-employed for five, and marketed myself online for a decade.

My follower numbers might be modest - but my engagement rate is exemplary. You don't need a massive account to foster a loyal community who want to buy what you sell! You can have a following of 10,000 people and make £50,000, and 50,000 followers but make zero, you know? "

And"

- I average between 1.5 and 2 million “impressions” a week – meaning my content is seen up to two million times

…And I leverage that engagement to sell my books and drive traffic to my journalism and do the odd brand deal as well. "

So don't give me the boohoo act when you are there to flog stuff. Advertisers have to abide by a standard, so why don't Instagram people have to do the same?!

Reactions: 4
Laura Jane Williams "I'm just here being brave and being myself to be authentic"

Also LJW (from her website) :

And somebody, because I excel on this very niche part of the Instagram platform, and it makes me money both directly and indirectly. I've been fully self-employed for two years, partially self-employed for five, and marketed myself online for a decade.

My follower numbers might be modest - but my engagement rate is exemplary. You don't need a massive account to foster a loyal community who want to buy what you sell! You can have a following of 10,000 people and make £50,000, and 50,000 followers but make zero, you know? "

And"

- I average between 1.5 and 2 million “impressions” a week – meaning my content is seen up to two million times

…And I leverage that engagement to sell my books and drive traffic to my journalism and do the odd brand deal as well. "

So don't give me the boohoo act when you are there to flog stuff. Advertisers have to abide by a standard, so why don't Instagram people have to do the same?!

So spot on! Nothing genuine about her matey persona at all. It beggars belief people fall for the act - if you have so many followers there’s no way you can maintain a real connection with each one! All she wants is for people to fawn over her to fill the empty void and of course, buy her tat.

So I've always found her quite smug and faux deep, but she didn't overly bother me. However, her latest "I feel hurt" pity party was so hypocritical that I've unfollowed her.

She calls out people here for making assumptions about her but has no problem at all inciting over 500 people to make their own terrible judgements about people they've never met. And she thanks them for it! Speaking truth to bullshit does not make you jealous, unhappy, or a hater. I can't stand the inability these insta people have to healthily process criticism. She manages to make herself look as though she's rising above but she's really just stirring the point.

It's incredibly revealing.

Also, I'm in no way a royalist, so not saying this because I want to defend the Royals. But this whole uproar about this thread sullying her name seems even more hypocritical when she spent a large amount of time recently referring to Prince William as a "shagger" and making out that he had an affair as though it was fact. So she can thoughtlessly call out someone she does not even know as an adulterer and that's ok, but we can't say her eyebrows are a bit dodgy Haha? If I remember right she actually justified her comments against Will by saying that he's funded by us so shouldn't be protected for bad behavior. Does she forget who is funding her current lifestyle? Because that would be us and the people that follow her. The only reason she has book deals and writing gigs is because of her online engagement.

Reactions: 7
So I've always found her quite smug and faux deep, but she didn't overly bother me. However, her latest "I feel hurt" pity party was so hypocritical that I've unfollowed her.

She calls out people here for making assumptions about her but has no problem at all inciting over 500 people to make their own terrible judgements about people they've never met. And she thanks them for it! Speaking truth to bullshit does not make you jealous, unhappy, or a hater. I can't stand the inability these insta people have to healthily process criticism. She manages to make herself look as though she's rising above but she's really just stirring the point.

Also, I'm in no way a royalist, so not saying this because I want to defend the Royals. But this whole uproar about this thread sullying her name seems even more hypocritical when she spent a large amount of time recently referring to Prince William as a "shagger" and making out that he had an affair as though it was fact. So she can thoughtlessly call out someone she does not even know as an adulterer and that's ok, but we can't say her eyebrows are a bit dodgy Haha? If I remember right she actually justified her comments against Will by saying that he's funded by us so shouldn't be protected for bad behavior. Does she forget who is funding her current lifestyle? Because that would be us and the people that follow her. The only reason she has book deals and writing gigs is because of her online engagement.
Yes to all of this - she loves tearing celebs down on twitter.

The hypocrisy is strong with LJ 😂

And I can’t help but think she wouldn’t be adopting a child as a StRoNg SiNGLe wOMaN if her Italian boyfriend (who sounded like an emotionally abusive twit but she showed off about him endlessly) hadn’t dumped her. Sooo fake!

She’s the epitome of beige middle age women that think loving Beyoncé is the height of diversity 😂

Reactions: 3

Spot on! I have been passively following her for a while and wondering why I’ve stayed around but seeing her dishonest and self-absorbed reaction to this real criticism has cinched it for me. I’m also really uncomfortable by how she’s suddenly comparing herself to Brene Brown like she can even hold a candle to Brown. What a display. I’ve unfollowed and will never go back. And to think I almost ordered one of her books to see what her actual work was all about. So glad I dodged that waste of money.

Was the lying when she went shopping to IKEA and said she was meeting a "friend who lived close by" but we never actually saw his face?! I also thought these insta women were top of the game for new trends, and drinking from take away cups ain't in fashion any more mate! 😂

Was the lying when she went shopping to IKEA and said she was meeting a "friend who lived close by" but we never actually saw his face?! I also thought these insta women were top of the game for new trends, and drinking from take away cups ain't in fashion any more mate! 😂
Imagine her buying two coffees- one for her ‘friend’🤣

Wonder if they’ll conveniently fall in love so she has to stop the adoption process 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t understand why going to Ikea on your own is stressful, yeah it’s busy but it’s not exactly a stress! Bet I’m not the only person who thought ‘try doing with kids love’ 🙄

I don’t understand why going to Ikea on your own is stressful, yeah it’s busy but it’s not exactly a stress! Bet I’m not the only person who thought ‘try doing with kids love’ 🙄

Reactions: 2

Yeah, it is beyond me what her big deal about a “solo trip to IKEA”. Making a full on drama about every single thing in her life and turning it into the ‘single strong woman can do anything’ saga. She
Ooh can you tell us more about your experiences with her? Would love to know more.
She is going to the same yoga classes where I go (Derby Hotpod Yoga) so I spot her there time to time. She makes out as they were some hardcore difficult classes. I remember I laughed when once, after a class she put up a silly story about she has just attended an ‘advanced’ class of yoga and she nearly had to leave because it was SO hard but she pushed herself through the hardship and done it. She congratulated and celebrated herself for it. Now, in reality it wasn’t an advanced class at all. I know because I was there and as a beginner hobby yoga goer, although I always find these classes a very good workout, they are FAR from advanced yoga. For someone who trained to be a yoga teacher, as apperantly she is, they are definitely not difficult. Of course she likes making things into a drama as she is an attention seeking sad person. And yes, she isn’t communicating with people who she doesn’t see as ‘important’ people. She doesn’t even acknowledge them.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, it is beyond me what her big deal about a “solo trip to IKEA”. Making a full on drama about every single thing in her life and turning it into the ‘single strong woman can do anything’ saga.
This 100%.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.