Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just noticed LJ liking a Twitter post from a journo about why a generation is “choosing to be child free”, which is an interesting “like” considering the length of time she dedicated to telling us all about her decision to move to Derbyshire to (fail to) adopt. Are we going to see her suddenly profess to making a conscious decision to be child free due to environmental concerns or deciding not to adhere to societal norms, rather than just admitting she didn’t make it through the tough criteria to adopt.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Looks like she’s deleted that post now
I said this would happen! No one would take on her book launch, Poorna Bell agreed without knowing HERstory, so she subsequently gets 3 likes out of 37k followers and this comment. I should be a fortune teller.

Reactions: 1
If she starts pedalling that now it will really do my head in because she literally uprooted her entire life as she knew it to pursue adoption!??? Not that there's anything wrong with doing that. But to go from that to 'choosing to be childfree' is a bit extreme?

Why has the adoption never been mentioned? Surely she will give a proper explanation as to what's gone on? If it's her choice then fair play. But rumour has it that is wasn't....

Just noticed LJ liking a Twitter post from a journo about why a generation is “choosing to be child free”, which is an interesting “like” considering the length of time she dedicated to telling us all about her decision to move to Derbyshire to (fail to) adopt. Are we going to see her suddenly profess to making a conscious decision to be child free due to environmental concerns or deciding not to adhere to societal norms, rather than just admitting she didn’t make it through the tough criteria to adopt.

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t let LJ look after my goldfish, let alone a child. Maybe the adoption people realised she wasn’t suitable

I am child free by choice. Not saying that you have to be 100% sure you do not want children from a very young age or anything, but going from writing romanticized Instagram captions about wondering what sandwiches your future adopted child likes and what a fantastic mum you’d be to deciding to forgo having kids completely in the space of about 18 months/2 years at most seems... a bit unstable. Very quick turnaround and quite unusual amongst the CF people I know.

LJ does love to reinvent herself though... wonder if there’s a particular writer who’s talking about being CF and LJ is trying to imitate her? That’s often how her reinventions start.

Reactions: 3
I am child free by choice. Not saying that you have to be 100% sure you do not want children from a very young age or anything, but going from writing romanticized Instagram captions about wondering what sandwiches your future adopted child likes and what a fantastic mum you’d be to deciding to forgo having kids completely in the space of about 18 months/2 years at most seems... a bit unstable. Very quick turnaround and quite unusual amongst the CF people I know.

LJ does love to reinvent herself though... wonder if there’s a particular writer who’s talking about being CF and LJ is trying to imitate her? That’s often how her reinventions start.
EXACTLY!!!! very very strange she would do a U turn of that level. I do think more and more people are speaking openly about being CF now so she's potentially just jumping on a bit of a bangwagon which is very much her style 😬

EXACTLY!!!! very very strange she would do a U turn of that level. I do think more and more people are speaking openly about being CF now so she's potentially just jumping on a bit of a bangwagon which is very much her style 😬
Agreed, very much her style. One feature in The Guardian, ST Style or similar and she’s suddenly an expert and at the forefront of issue 🙄

I actually want her to write about this for the schadenfreude, because a lot of online CF communities are super harsh and will rip apart articles that get it wrong. I can just imagine her rambling on about it in entirely the wrong way. Kind of reminds me of her Red column where she made the (extremely poor) argument that Queer Eye, a show about five men giving makeovers to men (it was during the first series) was the most feminist show on TV. That one made me laugh!

Agreed, very much her style. One feature in The Guardian, ST Style or similar and she’s suddenly an expert and at the forefront of issue 🙄

I actually want her to write about this for the schadenfreude, because a lot of online CF communities are super harsh and will rip apart articles that get it wrong. I can just imagine her rambling on about it in entirely the wrong way. Kind of reminds me of her Red column where she made the (extremely poor) argument that Queer Eye, a show about five men giving makeovers to men (it was during the first series) was the most feminist show on TV. That one made me laugh!
She never!!!!!!

Let's hope she writes an article as surely if she did she would have no choice but to address what happened with the adoption. I thought at one point she was weeks away from having a child. 😬

She never!!!!!!

Let's hope she writes an article as surely if she did she would have no choice but to address what happened with the adoption. I thought at one point she was weeks away from having a child. 😬
Yeah I’m almost certain she went through a week of intense training and legal stuff and couldn’t say much about it?

I am not that knowledgeable about the adoption process but surely that is pretty far into it?

Yeah I’m almost certain she went through a week of intense training and legal stuff and couldn’t say much about it?

I am not that knowledgeable about the adoption process but surely that is pretty far into it?
She made it sound like it was imminent but obv you never know with her!!!

I remember a friend of mine saying that for someone about to adopt she hadn't made her house that child friendly with all her "purposefully ugly" pieces and sharp corned tables.

Anyone else see her on Clover Stroud’s Insta? As an aspiring writer (and bookseller) I love Clover. I watched with interest. Except it was really dull. Self-conscious hair flicking, strategic angles, fake voices, and actually, she’s clearly riddled with self-doubt and just on a contractual treadmill. That’s what happens when you play a role I suppose. Imposter syndrome is real if you are an imposter. Oh and I'm sure she was wearing her racist dress 🤭

Christ, that fake whiney voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Her chin looks so different without all the insta angles!

Reactions: 3
Also, she should have cut out the first second where she’s pressing play on the camera. You can see so clearly where her expression changes and she becomes like a different person! It just highlights how fake it is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.