Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s really making her voice posher a lot now, as opposed to the weird accent she used to put on. Who is she imitating with the hairband and liberty print?

Also, I feel like a witch saying this but she has an Instagram post about maintaining working on her health, yet her arms look bigger than ever.

Reactions: 2
She’s doing the classic “hold your phone at arms length and from above to hide chins” on stories today. I think she needs a longer arm if she wants to succeed at that

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Long time lurker first time poster etc....!
I had to make an account and comment just because I cannot believe how OTT and posh her accent has gone all of a sudden. It’s bonkers 🤯🤯🤯! Can’t imagine what people who know her irl think.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Jaysus, the accent. Who’s she reinventing herself to be this time? We’ve already had the sexually liberated “I think of him when I touch myself” Laura, the “letters to my future son” adoption Laura, and of course the “using the death of George Floyd to advertise my dress” Laura...

Reactions: 4
Update: word on the street is the new book is a steaming turd. Basic, predictable and dull, say the reviewers refusing to put it in their publications (but LJ will have noticed this). Even some of the people she’s lined up to do IG/zoom events with have said as much. Awkward *grabs popcorn*.

Update: word on the street is the new book is a steaming turd. Basic, predictable and dull, say the reviewers refusing to put it in their publications (but LJ will have noticed this). Even some of the people she’s lined up to do IG/zoom events with have said as much. Awkward *grabs popcorn*.
Not surprised.

I forced myself to watch her reading videos on IGTV. Once I got past the irritating expressions and fake accent, I noted the book is a load of waffle, overuses the word “amazing” and has several obvious reference points to her own life. But you know, she’s an artist and writing rom coms is subversive 🙄

Reactions: 1
I had a look at some of the Goodreads reviews. A couple of them described Penny and it reminded me of someone else...

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Red reluctantly mentioned it at the bottom of a piece she wrote because they had to. No cover pic. Staffers there say it's proper shite.

Reactions: 1
I first started following Laura because a girl I went to school with met her while travelling in Bali and raved about her. But this was at the height of her popularity. I’ve noticed that lately she only gets 100 or so likes on her posts...Her publishers must be ecstatic that they have her a six book deal or whatever it was!

Her fake posh accent is hilarious and SO ANNOYING. And that bright lipstick... She is getting worse everyday. Her account is so boring I’m surprised she hasn’t lost a lot of followers

I first started following Laura because a girl I went to school with met her while travelling in Bali and raved about her. But this was at the height of her popularity. I’ve noticed that lately she only gets 100 or so likes on her posts...Her publishers must be ecstatic that they have her a six book deal or whatever it was!
Her engagement is terrible ATM. Not ideal during publication week

It's quite arrogant of her to think she can go on these long social media sabbaticals and then pop up when she has a book to promote and expect everyone will be interested. If you want to stay away from social for the most part, that's fine, but recognise that part of the reason you got your book deal was because of the online audience you had cultivated over years of spilling your guts on a blog, in articles and in your Instagram captions. You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: 13
I love how the most common feedback on her book is ‘I read it in one evening.’ 😂 Wow...

• Haha
Totally agree that she gained her followers through being open, (over) sharing and being honest but has now decided not to. That’s fair enough but turns out people aren’t that interested in writer Laura who tells us nothing about her life other than this ridiculously over curated version that is completely unbelievable.

Reactions: 5
Essayist 🤭 Oh the book launch! It just felt so... tragic. The affected voice and frumpy dress. She's like a needy child rather than an empowering woman. And I know Poorna thinks she's a bell end. Oh well, it was nice of her to agree to host when no one else would. And wow, her engagement is piss poor.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.