Laura Adlington #4 Dream house, dream job AND still a miserable, moaning, ungrateful whinger

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its not a theatre production, regardless of the venue.
I didn’t mean it was a theatre production, I was just using that as an example. It’s not illegal not to offer refund on event tickets. It’s very common for any event, theatre, book talk, comedy gig, whatever you like, not to offer refunds.

Some will offer an official reselling option. Some won’t.
---
Its not a theatre production, regardless of the venue.View attachment 2907231
It's also not goods!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Its not a theatre production, regardless of the venue.View attachment 2907231
An event ticket is not goods though, it’s more akin to a service and you haven’t received that service until the show is performed. It’s really not unusual and definitely not illegal for a ticketed event to be sold on a no refunds basis, but a larger provider (Ticketmaster etc) may let you pay an extra fee to do so or at least to change dates if it’s a multidate event.

If the vendor is not able to put on the event as sold to you i.e. they cancel, reschedule or move it then they should offer you a refund.

It’s part of how resale websites became so big, as well as the scalpers inflating the fees it was a genuine route for people who couldn’t make an event anymore to sell unwanted tickets. Wouldn’t be necessary if the seller was obliged to refund them.

Reactions: 6
I know this isn’t a thread about Lauren, but does anyone think the issues she has going on at the moment are linked to Laura almost ditching her? No mention of a Podcast episode for ages and Lottie being the go-to of the moment? I do feel sorry for Lauren, she really could make it, she’s way more relatable and likeable

Reactions: 9
I'm almost certain it's illegal for them to have sold tickets and now refuse to issue refunds to customers who can no longer attend. Such a cheap way to run an event. They are now literally making their customers do the donkey work and find someone to buy their tickets otherwise they lose out. They need to be reported for that. Anyone supporting this event is a fool and needs to give their head a wobble. They are being taken for absolute mugs. Shame on these women and the agency they are tied to isn't worth the paper it's name is written on.
A lot of event tickets are non refundable (thing of concerts where people have to sell their tickets otherwise they’d lose the money), I’m sure you booked non refundable flights and accommodation etc. Not to defend them but it’s pretty standard that you book something and can’t get a refund later.

Reactions: 1
I know this isn’t a thread about Lauren, but does anyone think the issues she has going on at the moment are linked to Laura almost ditching her? No mention of a Podcast episode for ages and Lottie being the go-to of the moment? I do feel sorry for Lauren, she really could make it, she’s way more relatable and likeable
I thought this too. They normally would have mentioned when it would be back.

Don't forget her beloved Estrid ADs! I gave into the hype over lockdown and started a subscription. I cancelled it once I realised the razors are akin to the ones in Boots etc marketed at women. Their only decent products were the (discontinued) shave cream & watermelon jelly 🥲.

ANYWAY

What I'm trying to say is... if she got paid to do so, Laura would advertise tit on a stick as the best thing since sliced bread 🤣. Never seen someone so disingenuous
You can actually get estrid branded razors in boots along with all the shower gels etc.

More front on showing of clothes. The dress goes to a 26 but stuff anyone bigger, because it closes on Laura.
Disingenuous, boring, will say she's obsessed with anything for a pay cheque.

Reactions: 3
More front on showing of clothes. The dress goes to a 26 but stuff anyone bigger, because it closes on Laura.
Disingenuous, boring, will say she's obsessed with anything for a pay cheque.
The Next clothing actually didn't look too bad on her because she was wearing a couple of different styles to her usual voluminous tent-like floral shite she normally wears.

Have they cancelled the event? I’ve been out of the loop for a few days
No, not cancelled. Just stated that if anyone can't go, processing refunds would be too much for their little team so told anyone who wants to sell a ticket to post so on a pinned Instagram post, then people wanting tickets can contact them to buy. Then when the tickets have been bought the original holder has to contact their team and advise the new names on the tickets. Easy peasy 🤥

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The Next clothing actually didn't look too bad on her because she was wearing a couple of different styles to her usual voluminous tent-like floral shite she normally wears.
Also imo Next clothes come up very big.

Reactions: 3
The difference in what Laura says is “work wear” and what Lauren Smith puts out are a world apart. I’d buy everything Lauren wears, didn’t Laura work in an office during/ before Bake Off? You’d get a disciplinary if you wore leggings in any work place I know of that isn’t WFH/ creative type roles.

Laura will hate this side of Lauren. A daily step target is something that Laura would eye roll at.
Good on Lauren though 👏🏼
I've never looked at Lauren's page before but it's way more interesting than Laura's insta. And good on her for getting the steps in.

Reactions: 13
Also imo Next clothes come up very big.
Yeah, I usually take an 18 in Next and have two dresses from there in a 16. I’d say I was a 20 and in Asda a 22.

Laura’s idea of workwear is not mine and I live in a country which is much more causal than the UK for stuff like that.

Next is definitely on the generous side, although sometimes their sizes go nuts and you have trousers with a gigantic waist but teeny tiny thighs. On the whole though I'd order a size down from them.

I did like her in the jacket and leggings but I wasn't sure of it being workwear. I didn't want to follow the link to see if they were more trousers like leggings or if they are just the cotton & lycra ones. The former I could have worn in my last office if they definitely looked like tight trousers rather than gym wear.

Are we going to see her prancing about in her knickers now? Of course not.

And again posting about exercise when it's clear she does none. Nobody I hear says that exercise is marketed as punishment, in fact it's marketed as a tool to assist mental health and physical wellness, to keep illness at bay, reduce depression and anxiety etc etc. Her attitude to exercise is what makes her feel crap about it, if she improved her attitude towards it, and thought isn't it great I have legs so I get to walk, do aerobics, dance, whatever. Instead of thinking I have to do this (which she doesn't anyway 🙄) so it's a non point she is posting.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.