Late Late Show (RTE)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His salary was being topped up through the back door. When the rest of us get letters threatening jail if we don’t pay our tv license this is the carry on that’s happening in Montrose. Keeping people sweet through secret backhanders. People don’t like being duped. Especially when it comes to inflating the pockets of the wealthy from the taxpayers wallet to those who are already on ridiculous wages

Reactions: 8
Was there a suggestion his invoices were not correct? He said his fee was booked correctly in his own company so to me that sounds like his invoices were fine.
OK Ryan
---
His salary was being topped up through the back door. When the rest of us get letters threatening jail if we don’t pay our tv license this is the carry on that’s happening in Montrose. Keeping people sweet through secret backhanders. People don’t like being duped. Especially when it comes to inflating the pockets of the wealthy from the taxpayers wallet to those who are already on ridiculous wages
I don't normally get angry but as a mature student it's financially unstable, but I made the mistake of paying the licence when I could afford it. Now if I dont cough up, fine or jail. And that crook announced a pay cut that only existed on paper? If he had any conscience he'd never darken the door of Irish broadcasting again. And even if he does leave, it's not like he will have to rely on the social

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m sure Ryan is on Tattle, good argument 👍🙄

I don’t really get all the anger only towards him when it’s RTE who collect the licence fee and they are the ones who told the lies 🤷‍♀️
But people just want to cancel him regardless.

I don’t really get all the anger only towards him when it’s RTE who collect the licence fee and they are the ones who told the lies 🤷‍♀️
You ignored my serious post and and rolleyed at my joke one. If you want to believe Tubridy with his shady Fianna Fail connections (and I say that as the child and grandchild of FF voters), good luck to you. And enjoy losing that 160eur a year.

Reactions: 2
Can’t wait to watch the fall out from this. RTE needs to be investigated. I hope Dee Forbes gets the sack. She couldn’t run a sweet shop.

Reactions: 5
Can’t wait to watch the fall out from this. RTE needs to be investigated. I hope Dee Forbes gets the sack. She couldn’t run a sweet shop.
Fvcking FFers (not to say FG are any better).

I'm from that area (where Forbes is from) . Makes it even more infuriating!

Reactions: 3
Fvcking FFers (not to say FG are any better).

I'm from that area (where Forbes is from) . Makes it even more infuriating!
Oh where’s she from. The woman
---
I’ve always found something insincere about Ryan and this just compounds it
He’s an absolute dose. Never watch or listen to him. He’s extremely insincere. You hit the nail on the head…that’s the perfect description

Reactions: 6
You ignored my serious post and and rolleyed at my joke one. If you want to believe Tubridy with his shady Fianna Fail connections (and I say that as the child and grandchild of FF voters), good luck to you. And enjoy losing that 160eur a year.
Your response to me was just “OK Ryan”, the rest of your post was responding to someone else, not me. It’s no concern of mine what you thought of their post.

Teeheeeheee adorable. Ryan, the saint, only did his best by taking a pay reduction - NO, it was supported by an off book prop up. He didn’t expect to get caught due to a couple of appearances… to cover it up. You seem to miss that people earning considerably less have suffered so much more but that’s life. With Ryan it’s like ‘oh that’s my life 🤷🏼‍♀️’ I did my best …. But still knew his payment was being proped up 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 5
The WhatsApp gang or whatever they call themselves explains it quite well the main thing is how sponsorships is meant to reduce the public money needed but they had an agreement for a reduction based on appearances so it went against the whole point of sponsorship and what it’s meant to achieve, I think it’s mostly RTE fault but they will try and hang Ryan out to dry

It’s not a salary, he’s a contractor not an employee. How RTE booked his fee to their accounts would be of no interest to an external contractor. That is their responsibility. He said the fees were recorded correctly in his company, that’s where his own responsibility lies. RTE’s accounts are the responsibility of RTE.
Not quite tbf... he was fully aware of the fact that his annual Earnings figures publicised by RTÉ, differed substantially from his *actual* Earnings. He hadn't enough integrity to put his hand up and insist that RTÉ rectify the situation and have the figure corrected. He obviously was happy to play along and hoodwink the Tax Payer into believing he had taken a cut. It's a bitter pill to swallow seeing as how sanctimonious he is. Watching back now on his 'state of the nation' address on the LLS is sickening... reassuring the sick, elderly, parents of children with additional needs & terrified SMEs and their employees that the LLS would offer them a opportunity to laugh and smile (or stupid messaging to that effect) when their worlds were falling apart was an utter pisstake. I think he reckons he is JFK when he goes off on one of his meandering speeches. JFK lives rent free in his brain!
---
If his conscience was 100% clear he would have turned up for his radio show yesterday.
RTÉ took decision that he wouldn't be presenting or next week either.
---

He KNEW the figures published were understated to misled the public and happily played along.

Reactions: 9
As Louise said though all this income came through his company so it’s not like it would say on his statement that x amount is from RTE etc

@Shylock

Yeah what’s your point? I already said it looks bad for him but it doesn’t change the facts that the responsibility was on RTE. No one is suggesting this has enhanced public opinion of him, clearly it hasn’t or that he isn’t sanctimonious. Just stating the fact that it wasn’t him who gave the wrong figure or did the creative accounting.

Has he made a statement yet ? Wonder if it’s loser of the reason he jumped ship. Knew it was coming.

As Louise said though all this income came through his company so it’s not like it would say on his statement that x amount is from RTE etc
His Management Accounts would clearly define his various sources of income. His Bank Account is irrelevant, he withdraws his renumeration from the Limited Company.