Late Late Show (RTE)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually don’t know a whole lot about him. I remember him hosting love island yeeeears ago lol but that’s a hazy memory. I’d say he’ll be in and around the same vibes as Ryan but a little looser and wittier. Im just glad it’s not Miriam!

Delighted at the choice of Patrick. Was very impressed by the documentaries he did on the peace process and the murder of his dad. I think he's matured well and will do a good job.

Reactions: 1
I love Patrick as a choice for this. He'll be effortless at covering the heavier topics right through to the lighter stuff and let's face it the toy show will be a riot! I had guessed he might have it a week or two ago when he and Cat were interviewed on the red carpet, her body language was all over the show 🤣
She spoke about it a couple of months ago, and I found it odd she would (unless her husband was in talks)

‘I dIdN’T tHiNk tO ChEcK My PaYmEnTs’

Ryan Tubridy is an absolute smug dry shite - painfully so. I will never understand rtes love affair with him. But he can take all that money and duck RIGHT OFF … it was used to prop up his salary OFF THE BOOKS 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 6

Ryan Tubridy is an absolute smug dry shite - painfully so. I will never understand rtes love affair with him. But he can take all that money and duck RIGHT OFF … it was used to prop up his salary OFF THE BOOKS 🙄🙄🙄
If it was done on purpose surely they would have known they would get caught eventually ?

Reactions: 2

It’s not a salary, he’s a contractor not an employee. How RTE booked his fee to their accounts would be of no interest to an external contractor. That is their responsibility. He said the fees were recorded correctly in his company, that’s where his own responsibility lies. RTE’s accounts are the responsibility of RTE.

It’s not a salary, he’s a contractor not an employee. How RTE booked his fee to their accounts would be of no interest to an external contractor. That is their responsibility. He said the fees were recorded correctly in his company, that’s where his own responsibility lies. RTE’s accounts are the responsibility of RTE.
Exactly

The money was just resting in his account

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Exactly

The money was just resting in his account
Well I’d say it was in the company’s account, he would take a salary or drawings from his own company.
I don’t see any reports that he was over paid only that RTE under reported the full amount. So why wouldn’t it resting in the account same anyone’s money rests in their account. There doesn’t seem to be any indication he wasn’t entitled to the money.

Well I’d say it was in the company’s account, he would take a salary or drawings from his own company.
I don’t see any reports that he was over paid only that RTE under reported the full amount. So why wouldn’t it resting in the account same anyone’s money rests in their account. There doesn’t seem to be any indication he wasn’t entitled to the money.
If his conscience was 100% clear he would have turned up for his radio show yesterday.

Reactions: 3
You must not have heard his statement which said RTE didn’t allow him to do the show.
I did hear his statement where he admitted not querying the extra money. I pay a licence that I can ill afford to a broadcaster I don't watch, and they're handing backhanders to an already grossly overpaid presenter, who coincidentally is no longer going to be presenting the show he was overpaid to do

Reactions: 7
I did hear his statement where he admitted not querying the extra money. I pay a licence that I can ill afford to a broadcaster I don't watch, and they're handing backhanders to an already grossly overpaid presenter, who coincidentally is no longer going to be presenting the show he was overpaid to do
I was just responding to the part where you said he didn’t do the show. He wasn’t allowed same as Louise McSharry said she wasn’t allowed.

If he was paid the agreed fee I don’t see how it’s a backhander.

I was just responding to the part where you said he didn’t do the show. He wasn’t allowed same as Louise McSharry said she wasn’t allowed.

If he was paid the agreed fee I don’t see how it’s a backhander.
Undisclosed payments, so, in that case. From the man who droned on and on about his pay cut. All the while these undisclosed payments were offsetting any 'official' shortfall.

I always found him to be a smug bastard so no sympathy 😂

Reactions: 4
Sure doesn’t every big company just go around randomly issuing payments to contractors when they haven’t been invoiced.

🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Sure doesn’t every big company just go around randomly issuing payments to contractors when they haven’t been invoiced.

🤷‍♀️
Was there a suggestion his invoices were not correct? He said his fee was booked correctly in his own company so to me that sounds like his invoices were fine.