Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shylock

It’s not a salary, he’s a contractor not an employee. How RTE booked his fee to their accounts would be of no interest to an external contractor. That is their responsibility. He said the fees were recorded correctly in his company, that’s where his own responsibility lies. RTE’s accounts are the responsibility of RTE.
Not quite tbf... he was fully aware of the fact that his annual Earnings figures publicised by RTÉ, differed substantially from his *actual* Earnings. He hadn't enough integrity to put his hand up and insist that RTÉ rectify the situation and have the figure corrected. He obviously was happy to play along and hoodwink the Tax Payer into believing he had taken a cut. It's a bitter pill to swallow seeing as how sanctimonious he is. Watching back now on his 'state of the nation' address on the LLS is sickening... reassuring the sick, elderly, parents of children with additional needs & terrified SMEs and their employees that the LLS would offer them a opportunity to laugh and smile (or stupid messaging to that effect) when their worlds were falling apart was an utter pisstake. I think he reckons he is JFK when he goes off on one of his meandering speeches. JFK lives rent free in his brain!
---
If his conscience was 100% clear he would have turned up for his radio show yesterday.
RTÉ took decision that he wouldn't be presenting or next week either.
---
I’m sure Ryan is on Tattle, good argument 👍🙄

I don’t really get all the anger only towards him when it’s RTE who collect the licence fee and they are the ones who told the lies 🤷‍♀️
But people just want to cancel him regardless.
He KNEW the figures published were understated to misled the public and happily played along.

Reactions: 9

louseylou

VIP Member
I loved it this year, took me back to being a kid watching it. After everything that happened in Dublin yesterday I feel like it was needed.

Reactions: 8

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
His salary was being topped up through the back door. When the rest of us get letters threatening jail if we don’t pay our tv license this is the carry on that’s happening in Montrose. Keeping people sweet through secret backhanders. People don’t like being duped. Especially when it comes to inflating the pockets of the wealthy from the taxpayers wallet to those who are already on ridiculous wages

Reactions: 8

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
It’s not a salary, he’s a contractor not an employee. How RTE booked his fee to their accounts would be of no interest to an external contractor. That is their responsibility. He said the fees were recorded correctly in his company, that’s where his own responsibility lies. RTE’s accounts are the responsibility of RTE.
Exactly

The money was just resting in his account

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
You must not have heard his statement which said RTE didn’t allow him to do the show.
I did hear his statement where he admitted not querying the extra money. I pay a licence that I can ill afford to a broadcaster I don't watch, and they're handing backhanders to an already grossly overpaid presenter, who coincidentally is no longer going to be presenting the show he was overpaid to do

Reactions: 7

Bezzzz

‘I dIdN’T tHiNk tO ChEcK My PaYmEnTs’

Ryan Tubridy is an absolute smug dry shite - painfully so. I will never understand rtes love affair with him. But he can take all that money and FUCK RIGHT OFF … it was used to prop up his salary OFF THE BOOKS 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 6

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Was there a suggestion his invoices were not correct? He said his fee was booked correctly in his own company so to me that sounds like his invoices were fine.
OK Ryan
---
His salary was being topped up through the back door. When the rest of us get letters threatening jail if we don’t pay our tv license this is the carry on that’s happening in Montrose. Keeping people sweet through secret backhanders. People don’t like being duped. Especially when it comes to inflating the pockets of the wealthy from the taxpayers wallet to those who are already on ridiculous wages
I don't normally get angry but as a mature student it's financially unstable, but I made the mistake of paying the licence when I could afford it. Now if I dont cough up, fine or jail. And that crook announced a pay cut that only existed on paper? If he had any conscience he'd never darken the door of Irish broadcasting again. And even if he does leave, it's not like he will have to rely on the social

Last edited:
  • Haha

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
Fvcking FFers (not to say FG are any better).

I'm from that area (where Forbes is from) . Makes it even more infuriating!
Oh where’s she from. The tramp
---
I’ve always found something insincere about Ryan and this just compounds it
He’s an absolute dose. Never watch or listen to him. He’s extremely insincere. You hit the nail on the head…that’s the perfect description

Jellybb

VIP Member
Tbf the choices we had for women were terrible.. Miriam, Claire Byrne or Doireann? I’d rather my 87 year old alcoholic neighbour present it than those. A women would be great but the standard wasn’t there
Agreed!
I’m glad rte didn’t do the usual box ticking on this one.

Reactions: 5

Bezzzz

I’m sure Ryan is on Tattle, good argument 👍🙄

I don’t really get all the anger only towards him when it’s RTE who collect the licence fee and they are the ones who told the lies 🤷‍♀️
But people just want to cancel him regardless.
Teeheeeheee adorable. Ryan, the saint, only did his best by taking a pay reduction - NO, it was supported by an off book prop up. He didn’t expect to get caught due to a couple of appearances… to cover it up. You seem to miss that people earning considerably less have suffered so much more but that’s life. With Ryan it’s like ‘oh that’s my life 🤷🏼‍♀️’ I did my best …. But still knew his payment was being proped up 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 5