Last film you watched?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've recently started watching "Classic Bond films"

On her majesty's secret service

The Man with the Golden Gun

I've just seen Moonraker which I haven't seen in 40 years, it's the only Bond film I saw on the big screen.

Reactions: 2
Rewatched A Star is Born the other night after my husband told me he wanted to watch it. Great film and I love the soundtrack.

I finally got around to watching Knives out. I love those detective type shows with that oldish feel to it, and a quirky detective. Loved it! It was very clever.

Reactions: 3
Wolf Creek 2. It wasn't amazing but I'd watch it again.
I re-watched both Wolf Creek films this week. Then watched both series offspins on shudder (also on Amazon prime I think).

For any Mad Mick fans....series 2 is better than 1. But in series 1 you find out why he became 'mad mick'.

Reactions: 1
I finally got around to watching Knives out. I love those detective type shows with that oldish feel to it, and a quirky detective. Loved it! It was very clever.
I really enjoyed knives out, but saying that...think it could of been better with the great cast, loved Daniel Craig’s southern drawl!
I watched True Grit, the remake which is on Netflix, my dad’s a big film fan and is always trying to get me to watch old westerns, so this was a compromise!! Also watched Apocalypse Now on iPlayer at the weekend, I get why it’s iconic and enjoyed it well enough, but wouldn’t rewatch.

My partner bought a copy of 1917 on dvd last week. It is a visually stunning film, and you can begin to appreciate just what the soldiers had to endure during the First World War. However some of the scenes are far fetched, like a soldier falling into a river he is almost drowned by the enormous waterfall above the river. But he survives, which isn't the only lucky escape he has in the film. There is also a fair bit of CGI, I find it slightly distracting.

Two bugbears I have about modern film making, I've just mentioned CGI - just because you can, dosen't mean you should use it.
Many films, TV dramas and even some commercials use a subdued colour palette, I wish they wouldn't it rarely adds anything to the production, with the possible exception of the HBO series Chernobyl.

Currently watching 'Searching' on Netflix. I have seen it before but can't be bothered to spend ages finding another to watch 😂

Monsters University, I put off watching it for years as I loved Monsters Inc. so much that I was worried I’d be disappointed but it’s a great film, I loved it.

Eurovision- love Rachel Mcadams so will
Watch anything with her in it. Quite a feel good film. Definitely worth a watch.

Reactions: 3
Rewatched The Gift last night as my OH hadn’t seen it. It’s really worth a watch. A very good psychological thriller.