Last film you watched?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days yesterday now that its on Netflix. What a throwback. So different seeing Matthew McConaughey in a rom com compared to his more recent stuff.
Love that film! I watched it last night too.

We watched Spike Island on the iPlayer last night. It's more like a drama than a film think Quadrophenia/This Is England (but not as dark) etc, defo worth a watch if you're a fan of the Stone Roses, it was a good watch for a Monday night, nostalgic of simpler times, loved the tunes and spotting places we know back in Manchester. Proper comfort viewing.

Kissing booth 2 myself but with partner watching the xmens that are on Disney plus last night was days of future past

Have just watched Ponyo with my youngest. Not my favourite Ghibli film but all of my children have loved it so I'm enjoying the sentimentality

Reactions: 1
Kissing booth 2, had to turn it off the first time I tried to watch it because it was that bad, but managed to get through the second attempt! Don’t think I’ll be watching the 3rd one though :ROFLMAO:

Dr. Terror's House of Horrors 1965

All star cast, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, Roy Castle, Alan freeman (as in the DJ) and Donald Sutherland.

Next up, I've recording the Bond Movies which are on at the weekends, not sure which one will be next to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A Simple Favour - I've seen this a few times but I can't stand Blake Lively or Anna Kendrick 😂

Took the dogs out earlier, too hot now,so am lying on bed watching the godfather, what a top film!

In the past couple of days I watched Knives Out (pretty good, nice pace, little predictable). Oceans 8 (don’t know why I bothered) and Midsommar ( WTF) enjoyable though

Greyhound
Not much of a storyline, and I don’t want to offend with that, it’s set in WW2 during the battle of the Atlantic but at the start it seemed like there was going to be additional storylines, there wasn’t any. I spent the whole film confused as to what was happening. Partly to be fair that was due to all the sailor lingo/chat which isn’t something your average person knows. Would not recommend. I only watched it for Tom Hanks as I firmly believe he’s never been in a tit film - perhaps I’m not the target audience of this one.

Just currently watching the new Ghostbusters movie... absolutely shocking.

May have said in front of my husband that Chris Hemsworth was the best part of the movie... oops! I’m not wrong though 🤷🏽‍♀️
Yep. I really wanted to like it after all the nastiness with Leslie Jones, and the general ‘4chan bro’ vibe that surrounded the whole thing. Even if i personally agree ‘reboots but they’re female’ is a lazy patronising trend, it’s also an excuse for thinly veiled misogyny under the guise of that criticism- or open misogyny from the 4chan crowd as I said.

Anyway I watched it as fairly as I could but I guess I was willing to go easy on it... none of that mattered though when it became apparent how awful - how awfully - unfunny it was. Truly painful. And it’s not just the jokes being bad, the entire way they handled the plot sucked. I may not love the reboot concept but they could’ve at least tried to do something clever or subversive with it.
What a way to feed into the hands of some of the worst people on the internet. And I like all the leads, I think they’re funny, especially Kate McKinnon. We were all rooting for you !

Goodnight Mr Tom.
Ah what a classic. The book was the first story in any form (Book, film etc ) that made me cry, I was about 8 and it was kind of a shock to cry like that about something that wasn’t happening to me- and wasn’t real for that matter.
I remember being very excited for the film and it was decent but they cut stuff out which I know now is inevitable but upset me at the time. Kind of want to watch it now tho...
Side note: I went to a crappy after-school choir with the boy who played Zach around that time and didn’t know he was going to be in it so was very excited.

• Heart
Just currently watching the new Ghostbusters movie... absolutely shocking.

May have said in front of my husband that Chris Hemsworth was the best part of the movie... oops! I’m not wrong though 🤷🏽‍♀️
I love him. The new Men in Black film was pretty bad too but it's fine as he's beautiful 😍

Currently watching Bridget Jones.