Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
"The Shining"

Jack Nicholson's best performance IMHO. Brilliant performance as a "possessed" man gradually going into a mental decline while overseeing a hotel out in the middle of nowhere.

He's "Here's Johnny" as he leers through a hacked up bathroom door still sends shivers down my spine.

Great support from Shelly Duvall

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Love Wedding Repeat on Netflix - Meh, wouldn't watch it again. Not many likeable or developed characters. You could have easily lifted Freida Pinto's character out of the film and it would have made no difference to the plot whatsoever.

• Haha

Bexybest

Winning London which is a Mary-Kate & Ashley movie 😂😂 Not one of their best movies from my childhood memories lol!

• Haha

Speechdancer

Chatty Member
I have been watching a few movies from Film Four and the Horror Channel.

My latest is "Mysterious Island" based on Jules Verne's book.

I love the older movies, such style.

• Heart

Scvee13

Love Wedding Repeat on Netflix - Meh, wouldn't watch it again. Not many likeable or developed characters. You could have easily lifted Freida Pinto's character out of the film and it would have made no difference to the plot whatsoever.
I watched this last week. Awful film

Reactions: 3

Alexi92

Very strange film. I watched this with my husband as it was listed under ‘comedy’ on Netflix. Don’t think we even raised a smile once and we turned off before the end as we were bored to tears!
The trailer was very deceiving! The whole thing was the first 1/4 of the movie and looked really good! Each half could have been completely different films 🤷🏼‍♀️ Defo in the “Top 5 worst movies I’ve ever watched” 🥱🤣

• Haha

Emoji

Chatty Member
Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. The one that was made in the early 70’s. I loved this film as a kid and now my kids love it too.

Chateau Marmont

I felt Alpha Papa started off brilliantly (the 'there's no fog' and 'I'm steering with my balls' were classic Partridge) then flagged a bit in the middle and picked up at the end. I think the problem is that for a film you need a story arc, something big has to happen, whereas in the Partridge series it was just him with his radio show and then living in the Linton Travel Tavern/ caravan and it was great because nothing much happened really :)

I watched Tenet recently. Apart from the presence of Aaron Taylor Johnson, not great. I also rewatched the Craft - which I enjoyed much more. Proper 90s nostalgia!
I rewatched the Craft not long ago. It was awesome. I wish Fairuza Balk acted more. I loved her as in Return to Oz when she was a child as well...such a strong, natural performer even at that age.

• Heart