Last Film You Watched? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts?
we’ve just switched to this at my college (I teach A Level film) for the ‘experimental film’ option. It’s a good one to study for those reasons but it’s not my fave 🤷🏼‍♀️
I'm on the side of it being a pretentious load of toot. I got to a certain point in the film where I didn't have a clue what was going on and I didn't care any more. I'm all for non-linear narratives, unreliable narrators or experimental storytelling, but this hit my limits.

Reactions: 1
I'm on the side of it being a pretentious load of toot. I got to a certain point in the film where I didn't have a clue what was going on and I didn't care any more. I'm all for non-linear narratives, unreliable narrators or experimental storytelling, but this hit my limits.
Absolutely completely and 100% agree.
It is absolute pretentious garbage. I'd say David Lynch doesn't even know what any of it means.
I think it's a good gauge of a person. If they say Mulholland Drive is a masterpiece, you know right off to avoid the c#nt

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree! I wonder what I’ll learn/uncover when I start teaching it 😂 Students seem to love the strangeness and randomness though. Not watching it again until I have to!!
---
Absolutely completely and 100% agree.
It is absolute pretentious garbage. I'd say David Lynch doesn't even know what any of it means.
I think it's a good gauge of a person. If they say Mulholland Drive is a masterpiece, you know right off to avoid the c#nt
Exactly! And I do like Lynch’s other work but this just seems daft in comparison. My husband likes the sex in it 🙄🙄🙄 So I’m sure the students will too. Ugh.

Reactions: 2
Pretty Woman - Never seen this before, everything just looked so corny.

Traffic.

One that slipped under the radar for me all these years although I remember when it was released and all the awards fanfare. It's okay. Forgettable. No idea why it was so lauded when it came out. dgaf about any of the characters and CZJ was so bad in it. Is this where she met "Migh-kelle"? :rolleyes:

Beau is Afraid 🫣
Same. I didn't like Hereditary, I loved Midsommer.... this was just BAD.

I've decided everything after he takes his new medication is one long hallucination nightmare and not actually real. It's the only way I can deal with that mess.

Reactions: 3
A Haunting In Venice.

I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as the other two films. Poirot seems to be getting more miserable as films go on. He's no longer the quirky character he started off as. (I've never read the books so don't know if that's intentional)

Netflix, Leave the World Behind

Bit of a slow burner, but still kept my attention for the first hour, mainly due to the extra dramatic music! But it sort of fizzled out with nothing really happening, the end reveal was just meh 🤷‍♀️ 2hrs20mins wasted 🤦‍♀️[/ISPOILER][/ICODE]

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.