Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she really was frugal and wanted to help people, this is the perfect opportunity to step up. So much to discuss around cutting costs, saving energy etc. Is it worth ditching your fixed rate mortgage and moving to a new one with a longer a term? Electric cars, are they worth investing in? Loads of video and instagram opportunities. Instead it’ll be more ikea hacks and home bargain hauls while she wait for the next freebie.
That’s because she’s no Martin Lewis and her accolade of ‘financial influencer of the year’ in reality, and as evidenced, is fairly meaningless.

Reactions: 8
No, but she can tell you how to budget for a luxury holiday, don't forget the word luxury guys or how to boil broccoli.

Her road is near Harrow Road, a major road in Basingstoke. That will be the traffic noise you can hear.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She really did buy the Insta house money pit at a far inflated price ….I smell negative equity 😂

Reactions: 4
Ever since she bought that house she’s turned into an absolutely douchebag.
Her content wasn’t great before, now it’s diabolical.

• Heart
She really did buy the Insta house money pit at a far inflated price ….I smell negative equity 😂
Let hope for their sake they’re on a fixed interest rate. It’s only going one way. Their bills (CT, utilities, cars, and a huge mortgage) must be eye watering. Best get manifesting a lottery win.

Reactions: 2
If she really was frugal and wanted to help people, this is the perfect opportunity to step up. So much to discuss around cutting costs, saving energy etc. Is it worth ditching your fixed rate mortgage and moving to a new one with a longer a term? Electric cars, are they worth investing in? Loads of video and instagram opportunities. Instead it’ll be more ikea hacks and home bargain hauls while she wait for the next freebie.
That's what i dont get. Its like this financial crisis is her PERFECT time to advise and be out there giving advice yet she just continually shoes holidays and garden furniture they don't need. She misses the mark every single time.

But essentially she knows very little about finance, she’s just tried to grasp onto what she sees as her little niche. Unfortunately most people know the basics she’s putting out - it’s hardly worthwhile info. In fact, I’d go so far as to say it’s pretty basic and immature really. It makes me cringe. I appreciate I’m not her target audience mind you.

Reactions: 13
Her husband was left a house when the family member passed away which they sold to buy their new house
So surely that demonstrates all her yak about no buy years, investments, side hustles etc to save for a first home is guff, when all they’ve done to achieve this is flog an inheritance!
If this is the case, she should at least be honest and say this is how they managed it…but then that would defeat the entire purpose of her channel wouldn’t it?

Reactions: 13
I'd forgotten I was subscribed to her, I only seem to watch her at Christmas (don't judge me, I cannot explain me behavior 😅). So now I'm playing catch up and disover low and behold she is the first human being to have ever bought a house. She's 100% the home owner equivalent of the annoying first time mum who seems to think they invented pregnancy and will spend hours telling you about baby led weaning and gentle parenting completely onlivious to the fact you are disinterested and have been there, done that and bought the tshirts with your now three teenagers. She seems very smug for someone who is actually playing catch up in life. I'm assuming she's in her 30s? This isn't a massive achievement. I have respect for and interest in people who have worked for what they have in life; I'm not impressed by her yet her mannerisms and demeanour comes across like she believes the majority of people are.

That’s why she’s so bloody smug ….sold mother in laws house plus what she’s saved sub letting a council house from her Mother ……but she will still beg for freebies ….bloody basics like towels and mattresses …..she’s no money guru she’s used the system and had a windfall ……How degrading therefore begging for furniture and essentials? Even the hair isn’t a freebie according to her as she promoted the salon ….so how many followers live in Basingstoke do you have that would be influenced by you ?? Perhaps you. An tell us @Cushion and throws ?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So she manifested her home but only got it via inheritance? Bit weird to talk about manifesting that!

Reactions: 10
I'm assuming she's in her 30s? This isn't a massive achievement.
Not defending Lara at all as she annoys me just as much, but the average age of a first time buyer now is 31.5 in the UK and 35 in London. So yeah, buying a house in your 30s is an achievement. Most people can't even do that anymore with the way the house prices have outpaces the salaries.

Reactions: 3
A61C4C80-3063-4AFE-BFE3-3F7AF682E3F8.png

I know it’s for engagement but it annoys me so much when influencers do this, literally Google it you silly mare and it’ll be the first thing that comes up 🙄

Not defending Lara at all as she annoys me just as much, but the average age of a first time buyer now is 31.5 in the UK and 35 in London. So yeah, buying a house in your 30s is an achievement. Most people can't even do that anymore with the way the house prices have outpaces the salaries.
I get what your saying completely but to me working and saving for a deposit is the achievement and judging by this thread that's not what she's done? Most people in my social circle, myself included, bought houses in our 20s... I've never really realised that was younger than the average so good point, however I do live in the North!

Reactions: 4