Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Latest vlog - holiday in Ikos. She films her kids using their bare hands to pick up the buffet food :sick: and subsequently touching food other people are supposed to eat.

Henry is old enough to use the tongs. And she should be helping George load his plate instead of filming it 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Knew they would be in ikos, influencer central. I went a few years ago but all the influencers flocking there since covid has massively put me off going again. Not an original bone in her body, remember how she claims that she’s all about travelling and experiences. And then spends £5k+ on a week in an all inclusive, albeit a fancy ££ one. Frugal 🙄

Reactions: 8
Is that where Surrey Mama just went?
Cant believe she said sorry I've been off the radar just soaking up quality time with my family ("my loves") she barely went a nano second without posting photos and stories..

Reactions: 4
She has lost all credibility in regards to being a frugal minimalist, but the poor dear needed the break from her 16 hour working days wandering round Home Bargains.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
When the announcement on YT of a hugely expensive holiday was imminent, I anticipated 2 weeks in the Maldives or somewhere equally exotic…but ONE week in Greece for 5-6k is obscene…especially when she’s always on the blag for free towels, mattresses and garden furniture 🤯. Better get plugging that Curve card again Lara, bills need paying.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Ive stopped watching her now, she knows duck all about budgeting and she knows duck all about minimalism.
She’s the opposite of a minimalist, shes a hoarder, buys cheap tat, talks bollocks about finances and so boring I’d rather watch paint dry. Has she actually shown her house yet?

Reactions: 13
She’s the opposite of a minimalist, shes a hoarder, buys cheap tat, talks bollocks about finances and so boring I’d rather watch paint dry. Has she actually shown her house yet?
No. No house tour yet as far as I’m aware. Which is odd considering her entire channel has had that as the entire focus.
Also, how can you have your USP as being all about frugal living/ budgeting/ financial ‘advice’, when she’s just spent 5-6k on a one week holiday to Greece. I guess it’s all about following other insta huns lead, as another Tattler noted.

Reactions: 10
No. No house tour yet as far as I’m aware. Which is odd considering her entire channel has had that as the entire focus.
Also, how can you have your USP as being all about frugal living/ budgeting/ financial ‘advice’, when she’s just spent 5-6k on a one week holiday to Greece. I guess it’s all about following other insta huns lead, as another Tattler noted.
On one hand, I want to say that spending on the stuff you value is kind of the point of frugality. Like she says (says, not does), you save on the basics and spend on the important things. BUT, Lara isn't doing it. It's one thing if she showed her frugal lifestyle and then the fancy holiday as a once-in-a-lifetime trip or something, but frugal is budgeting your food shop and buying new clothes, it's not begging for free towels and buying a week-long holiday instead of a mattress.

Reactions: 7
Why is the reel she just posted a hack? She says it’s a time saver but I don’t get it. She boils the broccoli whole, then cuts it. As opposed to the alternative which would be cutting the broccoli then cooking it. I don’t see the time saving!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Why is the reel she just posted a hack? She says it’s a time saver but I don’t get it. She boils the broccoli whole, then cuts it. As opposed to the alternative which would be cutting the broccoli then cooking it. I don’t see the time saving!
I thinks the hack is mostly about the mess broccoli makes when cut raw. When it's boiled whole and then cut, it makes no mess at all. Lara is stupid.

I wonder what buffers ‘financial influencer of the year’ Lara has in place with regards to the financial 💩 storm coming our way, especially with 500k mortgage to pay and both with insecure salaries.
I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night…never mind…I’m sure flogging water pistols and bombs 💣 will pay the bills…🤦‍♀️

The cost of living crisis is very concerning. My nerves would be wrecked if I was Lara with such a big mortgage and no proper job.

Reactions: 6
Especially when naughty old Instagram isn't letting people see her ADs. Absolutely can't be that people are just bored of her.

Reactions: 7
I’ve paid off my mortgage….that’s because I started work at 16 did long hours and sometimes two jobs to afford a flat at 20 then obviously move up to different houses with the equity. Also I have nice towels and don’t have to beg for garden furniture or bloody mattresses….also I have savings and OH has a good well paid salaried job. I would be beside myself if my OH was commission based waged and I fanny around in social media for a living after buying a £500k plus money pit. You only need to look at the food bills escalating along with gas, electric, petrol …..I guess Mrs Jarvis best hop to a charity shop to find some chunky jumpers as heating that house will be spenny ….. it as long as you give the illusion 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Money saver Lara hasn't worked out that the smaller you cut things the quicker they boil. Quite important really with a cost of living crisis where energy is unaffoardable! You will just use more gas/electric boiling or steaming a whole broccoli. Is she going to eat or reuse the stalk? If not she's just wasted energy cooking for the bin

Also what's her time worth - arguments like that are you vs your normal salary. Given her "job" gives her the luxury of being home, I would get chopping.

If it's so timesaving, clever and economical, why does sainsburys not just freeze whole broccolis and sell those?!!! really it boggles my mind what her logic settings are!

I’ve paid off my mortgage….that’s because I started work at 16 did long hours and sometimes two jobs to afford a flat at 20 then obviously move up to different houses with the equity. Also I have nice towels and don’t have to beg for garden furniture or bloody mattresses….also I have savings and OH has a good well paid salaried job. I would be beside myself if my OH was commission based waged and I fanny around in social media for a living after buying a £500k plus money pit. You only need to look at the food bills escalating along with gas, electric, petrol …..I guess Mrs Jarvis best hop to a charity shop to find some chunky jumpers as heating that house will be spenny ….. it as long as you give the illusion 🙄
WELL DONE YOU 👏 really we should all be listening to your tips - not he financial blogger of the year!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks @pinkypurr ….I certainly don’t boil whole heads of sodding broccoli or prance around Home Bargains or Home Sense filming tat to fill my day !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Money saver Lara hasn't worked out that the smaller you cut things the quicker they boil. Quite important really with a cost of living crisis where energy is unaffoardable! You will just use more gas/electric boiling or steaming a whole broccoli. Is she going to eat or reuse the stalk? If not she's just wasted energy cooking for the bin

Also what's her time worth - arguments like that are you vs your normal salary. Given her "job" gives her the luxury of being home, I would get chopping.

If it's so timesaving, clever and economical, why does sainsburys not just freeze whole broccolis and sell those?!!! really it boggles my mind what her logic settings are!

WELL DONE YOU 👏 really we should all be listening to your tips - not he financial blogger of the year!
people on moneysavingexpert are discussing if switching to microwave only cooking is better for the finances or batch cooking in the oven to get most of it, some are even replacing electric oven with gas... and here's Lara with her tips on how to use more energy while cooking 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I just started watching her video about her garden and I can't finish it. It's so loud. Her garden sounds like she lives next to a motorway.

Reactions: 2
If she really was frugal and wanted to help people, this is the perfect opportunity to step up. So much to discuss around cutting costs, saving energy etc. Is it worth ditching your fixed rate mortgage and moving to a new one with a longer a term? Electric cars, are they worth investing in? Loads of video and instagram opportunities. Instead it’ll be more ikea hacks and home bargain hauls while she wait for the next freebie.