Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest video. She is the epitome of patronising and condescending. Banging on about how she’s ‘worked so hard to do this for kids and Stu’ blah blah all whilst plugging the Curve card (for a change) that she needs her gullible punters to sign up for so she can get her ad money etc.
If you need LJJ to tell you how to budget for a holiday or any other financial advice for that matter you need to give your head a wobble!
And she has the nerve to suggest cutting back on spending on other things to pay for a 5k holiday (in the current climate!) when all she does is buy toot on vinted/ home bargains/ B and M and charity shops. She’s a walking, talking contradiction! 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Latest video “If you know if any nice quality, affordable bedroom furniture”. I’m sure she’s well aware of the suppliers !

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Latest video “If you know if any nice quality, affordable bedroom furniture”. I’m sure she’s well aware of the suppliers !
Ha, sorry love, surely you haven’t just made a whole video about your ‘luxury holiday’ and are then trying to blag free furniture? Make it make sense.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Goodness me what a snoozefest that last vlog was.

The video is 23 minutes long and almost 10 minutes of that was content about ikea Dronjon storage boxes (which are £12 each. She bought 4, so that's another £48 spent for absolutely no reason.)

🤦🏼‍♀️

I also love that she mentions going to film another video which is all about budgeting for our holiday.

Errr you might want to check your timeline...

1652636740251.png

Reactions: 7
She knows exactly what she’s doing. Disingenuous much, and then with the faux sincerity when someone called her out on her Homesense ad/ come shop with me.

Surely Lara saw a whole load of quality affordable bedroom furniture in Ikea!!! Literally begging for a living.
So embarrassing for them it really is
Who wants to beg for a living
Oh that’s right people like Lara who think they are above working hard and buying your own tit

• Angry
I love that a couple of comments called out the price of the projector as being unaffordable for her viewers (frugal community, remember Lara?!). She said in her holiday video she saved £200 a month towards that holiday…that projected is almost 3x her monthly saving. A good opportunity to perhaps talk about priorities and value…but of course not, just shill the free tit and talk about homesense some more.

I couldn't even watch the latest video its tone death im current climate.
She set up a Facebook group lovley real people who are all struggling financially.
Some are doing amazing paying off debts.
Low or no income
A few managed to buy a house before her.
She only set it up to boost her followers.
She hassent taught me anything I don't know.
The amount would have to spend to get back the cashback..
5k luxury holiday is hardly relatable.
Shes just become smug personified since she's moved.

I am really worried about the economy's for 3 reasons that technically should concern her if stu works commission based sales.

Rececsssion means less discretionary non essential spending.

Rising energy forecast another 40% rise in October means extra £100 and then could rise again in April 2023 could be paying 500 quid energy bills by then .

Interest rates we we assume she's taken out 5 year fixed repayment and not 3 years or interest only did she say so as shes just brought she's probably feeling bit safe .
But our 5 year fix ends Dec 2023 and theres talk of 5% base rate.

Thats as well as inflation constantly rising and food easily say foods £100 more expensive for some families than it uses to be.

I'm simply not looking at home interiors content on Instagram theres loads of reels and hauls of whats new in b&m or matalan.
Years ago would have looked at new season home and fashion .
Now we being super frugal.
Wonder if they have any savings left or did it all go on house and holiday.
I don't trust a lot of what she says.

What is the point of making an Instagram story basically selling crypto currency services mentioning an annual percentage yield of 150% then absolve yourself of all responsibility by having a disclaimer saying it’s for educational purposes only.

• Heart
She'd offer advice on any old scam or scheme so long as someone is giving her wonga to do it. All scripted and not researched. Only good thing is that she comes across as ill-informed so unlikely for anyone will buy into it on her say so.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really hope that no one takes financial advice from Lara Jarvis. It is so dangerous to take advice from someone who is not a professional.

Reactions: 13
What is the point of making an Instagram story basically selling crypto currency services mentioning an annual percentage yield of 150% then absolve yourself of all responsibility by having a disclaimer saying it’s for educational purposes only.
Crypto is absolutely decimated right now. NO ONE should be suggesting people invest in crypto. I'm a crypto fan. I've been investing since 2013. I made a small fortune. And then I lost it all.
2013- invested £50.
2014- this was worth £500 so I took out my profit and used it to pay for a weekend in Paris
2015- lost my wallet address and forgot all about it
2019- found my wallet login details, and discovered it was worth £8k. But the site I held it with had literally vanished, and sometime in 2015 the owners had taken all the bitcoin and done a runner. I *think* there is a lot more regulation now so this can't happen again.
2020- Been researching different coins and investing. Made about 50% profit.
last week, it crashed by about 75%
I've taken all I have left out and I'm waiting until things look more stable. Almost definitely not this year.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think she be either if she's advocating getting now, now is literally the worst time to do it in a decade. She's a bleeping moron.

Reactions: 11
Getting emotional over travel documents... Bloody hell Lara. Get a grip woman.
I could almost get it if she hasn't had a holiday since before the pandemic. She has been to her friends villa, had a number of holidays in the UK IOW and Cornwall are two I can remember and went away to Finland or Norway.

• Angry
Getting emotional over travel documents... Bloody hell Lara. Get a grip woman.
I could almost get it if she hasn't had a holiday since before the pandemic. She has been to her friends villa, had a number of holidays in the UK IOW and Cornwall are two I can remember and went away to Finland or Norway.
I know, right?! Who even gets travel documents anymore, all our stuff is always online! As you say, this isn’t her first holiday in two years like she’s making out. And the way she keeps saying ‘I’m so glad I can do this for stu and the boys’ In our house our money is ours, no matter who earns it. My husband wouldn’t smugly tell me he was taking us away. If she’s putting money away for a holiday she can only do that because Stu is paying the bills. Perhaps that’s her biggest frugal tip-get someone else to pay for the boring stuff!

So today's content from the award winning Financial Influencer is affiliate linking a dress for her upcoming holiday, her free hair appointment and begging for people to vote for her for another award.

Whilst Martin Lewis has been in the press discussing the rising costs of food and energy bills.

READ.THE.ROOM.LARA.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
I’d rather vote for Donald Trump ! F**k off Lara with your freebie hair and holiday boasts ….

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Having just watched the budgeting-for-our-luxury-holiday video I'm sort of flabbergasted . . . ? The entire thing is an AD. I'd love to know how many times she said 'Curve card' in that video. It's got to be upwards of 20-odd :rolleyes:

Paying 3.5k for a hotel . . . . . for *one* week . . . when you're saying finances are tight after purchasing your house . . . ?! Like . . . . . the £5410 spent on that holiday in total would come in reeeeaaaaaaaaally handy if your husband's (and main breadwinner!) commission only job takes a hit in this recession we're teetering on the edge of :eek::eek::eek:

• Wow
Ive stopped watching her now, she knows duck all about budgeting and she knows duck all about minimalism.

Reactions: 14