Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In her thank you stories for her noble peace prize, sorry some banking event award she thanks Stu for all he does for the family whilst she is working. She really is taking making a few videos regurgitating advise she gets off the net as a serious, full time job bless her.

She'll be carrying that award around on the school run and when she shopping in home bargains ffs. All her sit down videos will have the award on a shelf in the backdown from now on.

Expect she'll be throwing herself a little party celebrating the award with her friends and family this weekend. Do a little speech like when she announced they had brought a house.
That was the most cringe thing I have ever seen
The twit

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Still no talk of the rise in interest rates from the ‘financial influencer of the year 2022.’ But there is another reel of her night out so everyone struggling to pay their mortgage can enjoy that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Do you think she will buy herself a big calculator next time she's at home bargains?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Still no talk of the rise in interest rates from the ‘financial influencer of the year 2022.’ But there is another reel of her night out so everyone struggling to pay their mortgage can enjoy that.
But it won't affect her will it let's assume she's done 5 year fixed deal.
That shes not daft enough to do tracker or interest only.

Our 5 years is up dec 2023.
By then I estimate interest rates be 2_3%.
We had hoped remortgage and extend but the looming recession, high inflation, high cost of loving and interest rates made us rethink our extension plans.
We don't want to over extend ourselves.

I read the 0.75% rise is extra £175 people for those on trackers.
But its also that or above extra per month for anyone who's fixed deal comes to an end within the next 18months.

Reactions: 1
Didn't realise there was a thread for this woman. I followed her thinking she was actually someone living on a budget. Quickly realised that wasn't the case at all.

She is just a sell out now. Add after add and she loves herself ALOT.

Reactions: 13
Just put myself through watching her vinted video, no idea why!! I've never seen anyone so unprepared for her own videos, and she calls that work?! "Mmm yeah, can't remember how much this was" "maybe one of you can remember how much I paid for this" wtf???? Zero effort, lazy, thrown together, nonsense!!!!

Latest video.
Not long ago she couldn’t afford new towels plus there was an attempt at a beg for a new mattress for one of her kids. However, she’s just spent at least £100 upwards on Vinted / charity shop/ boot fair clobber for herself. She’s actually a bit of a spendaholic considering she’s always banging on about being frugal.
Priorities Lara.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Didn't realise there was a thread for this woman. I followed her thinking she was actually someone living on a budget. Quickly realised that wasn't the case at all.

She is just a sell out now. Add after add and she loves herself ALOT.
Someone’s got to love the ugly bint 😂

Reactions: 1
But it won't affect her will it let's assume she's done 5 year fixed deal.
That shes not daft enough to do tracker or interest only.

Our 5 years is up dec 2023.
By then I estimate interest rates be 2_3%.
We had hoped remortgage and extend but the looming recession, high inflation, high cost of loving and interest rates made us rethink our extension plans.
We don't want to over extend ourselves.

I read the 0.75% rise is extra £175 people for those on trackers.
But its also that or above extra per month for anyone who's fixed deal comes to an end within the next 18months.
Oh I know it won’t effect her, as long as she had the sense to fix. But she’s selling herself as a financial guru so should be talking about it since it may be impacting her viewers. I’m sure Martin Lewis doesn’t need a 0% balance transfer, but he’ll still recommend great offers to his readers.

Interested to see the holiday budgeting videos. From memory she mentioned going to a pretty ££ resort (I remember as we’ve been). Definitely doesn’t match with the frugal vibe!

Reactions: 3
Most of Laura's holidays are gifted or she stayed at her friend's villa so only had to pay flights. She has no idea about really budgeting for a holiday.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
How is this woman giving financial advice?

Spent loads on the most un-usable clothes (in that you'd need a very very specific and fancy event to wear them to) and gives rubbish advice in her passive side hustles video.

Developing an app doesn't sound very passive to me, in fact it sounds like a full time job. Love how she says she might launch one - pigs will fly before that happens.

Mentioned getting £1000 a year in dividends, but you'd need about a house deposit invested to make that!

Crypto as a passive side hustle? She didn't warn enough about the risks and made it sound like easy money, and surprise surprise that was because a crypto platform was sponsoring the video. The #ad really wasn't made clear - is there somewhere we can report her for this?

Don't even get me started on the Airbnb and vending machine - they're not side hustles and need loads of money to start as business ideas.

She never mentions any downsides or about liabilities and insurance with these ideas - clearly has no idea what she's on about!

The sad thing is someone will watch thar video and put all their money in crypto and could make a loss - she doesn't care as long as she gets that ad revenue for her next swanky holiday!

Crypto is rough right now! I lost 50% so far this year (I made ALOT back in 2013/4) and held on, this year has pummeled me. I research, I read, I trade, and even I lost massively. Anyone telling people to get into crypto right now to make serious money is an absolute pillock, in fact, I'd say it's borderline criminal.

Reactions: 10
She’s one of the worst influencers

Along with Meldrum and This Mama Life
See I think she is way worse, yes mrs M (i don’t know other!) is mega irritating and stupid really but she’s not claiming to know anything. Lara massively pisses me off as she actually knows very little and less really than your averagely savvy person does about their finances yet some how she seems to have become some sort of finance influencer from tips as basic as ‘save your reward points’ ‘buy stuff reduced’ to save money!! (I’ve made up examples but you get the idea 🤣🤣)

Reactions: 12
Spent loads on the most un-usable clothes (in that you'd need a very very specific and fancy event to wear them to) and gives rubbish advice in her passive side hustles video.
I’m very tempted to ask her to do a video on a minimalist or capsule wardrobe. I thought she was doing a low spend year this year. I realise that moving to a different house will obviously require buying some items (like towels) but not buying all that tat.

Reactions: 8
Her videos remind me of the shopping channels on Freeview, she'd be talking about one thing and then the next is begging for subscribers.

Reactions: 6