Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really? She doesn’t strike me as a private school girl (mrs Meldrum, Katie Ellison both scream private school!)
Really! But I don't have details of how or why. Just know the school and can't say without outing myself! Her stories today are quite sweet. I much prefer her to some!

Reactions: 2
I am sure she has mentioned going to private school on a vlog in the past when she came across some old school photos.

I don't mind Lara, she is a bit desperate to make YouTube work and her channel and social media is all over the shop but she doesn't overexpose her family and is natural with her husband - no manic crazy grins, just a normal guy. Just need her to declare Ad / Gifts properly - no more P.R. or Press package crap.

Reactions: 4
I feel really cross with her. She’s not got many followers by she is doing the same as Mrs M, claiming to be in a no spend year! How?! She’s uploaded half a dozen shopping/haul videos this year. She’s been on a road trip to California. She is an insult to people living on a budget for real. And to caption one of the holidays saying how it’s been done inexpensively is really below the belt

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I feel really cross with her. She’s not got many followers by she is doing the same as Mrs M, claiming to be in a no spend year! How?! She’s uploaded half a dozen shopping/haul videos this year. She’s been on a road trip to California. She is an insult to people living on a budget for real. And to caption one of the holidays saying how it’s been done inexpensively is really below the belt
Yup. There’s nothing no spend about her year.

Reactions: 3
Really! But I don't have details of how or why. Just know the school and can't say without outing myself! Her stories today are quite sweet. I much prefer her to some!
I'm really surprised by this and certainly don't think she sounds "posh" to me her slow annunciation of each word sounds like she is trying hard to cover an "accent"

Reactions: 1
If you watch get assumptions video she speaks about private school xx

Reactions: 1
worry not, Lara and her 'no spend year, I'm saving to buy' is off on another road trip to Canada!! I'd love to see what she does the years she is flush with cash ...

• Wow
It’s so hurtful to us who cannot ever afford to go away despite having lived on a tight budget without luxuries for years, yet she is hailing herself as a thrifty budgeting influencer

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t actually mind Lara but she seems to jump on every influencer bandwagon going.

There is something about this one I just don’t like. The ASOS £300 haul was it for me. A bandwagoner if ever there was one. No original content whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There was a very strange video recently where she posted about “Dollar Tree” hacks. About a dozen people commented asking why she was calling it Dollar Tree. She changed it to Pound Shop in the end but she never explained why she’d called it Dollar Tree in the first place

There was a very strange video recently where she posted about “Dollar Tree” hacks. About a dozen people commented asking why she was calling it Dollar Tree. She changed it to Pound Shop in the end but she never explained why she’d called it Dollar Tree in the first place
It was probably an ill advised ploy to tap into the American market🤦‍♀️ She reeks of desperation.

Reactions: 2
Latest photo on her Instagram of her, her husband and kids at Legoland marked as #presstrip rather than #ad or #gifted. I find this such a fake way of marking something. Unless she is claiming to be a journalist and going to be writing an actual article about Legoland this is a freebie not a press trip.

Reactions: 9
I cannot bear it when bloggers, youtubers or instagrammers refer to themselves as press! It’s so embarrassing! As if they’re on a par with journalists

• Wow
Yep, journalists have to study and work damned hard to get that far. It's cut throat! Not like posting filtered photos

Thing is some of these floggers do think that the 15 or so words they post on Instagram alone with the posed family photo puts them in the same category as a feature writer for the guardian. It's laughable how seriously they take themselves.

Yep, journalists have to study and work damned hard to get that far. It's cut throat! Not like posting filtered photos
I don’t know, people who write for the Daily Fail and The Sun are “journalists” who went to university and all their articles are full of spelling and grammar mistakes, not to mention the false information 😂
Journalism is a dying career, partly because of influencers being the new “press”.

The latest “no buy” video is an absolute slap in the face to anyone who actually has to live on a budget. She had a manicure & pedicure done which she hadn’t had for a year. So, I have never had that done, ever. She also is going down to only having hair appointments once every 3 months, the poor love. Oh and she had a wax. Now she is off again on a gifted trip to Ottawa. I really want her to address that she is extremely privileged. She says that the savings for the house are really coming along. Well how many people can go on trips of a lifetime one month after the next,, have hair appointments, buy all new clothes for the kids, never secondhand, and yet still save for a house?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The latest “no buy” video is an absolute slap in the face to anyone who actually has to live on a budget. She had a manicure & pedicure done which she hadn’t had for a year. So, I have never had that done, ever. She also is going down to only having hair appointments once every 3 months, the poor love. Oh and she had a wax. Now she is off again on a gifted trip to Ottawa. I really want her to address that she is extremely privileged. She says that the savings for the house are really coming along. Well how many people can go on trips of a lifetime one month after the next,, have hair appointments, buy all new clothes for the kids, never secondhand, and yet still save for a house?!
All of this! She needs to level up a bit, she’s not a budget vlogger, she likes to travel and have nice things and she’d reflect better if she acknowledges this and makes it part of videos.

Just saw on Insta they off to Canada.
After USA trip.
It's just sadly unrelatable

All of this! She needs to level up a bit, she’s not a budget vlogger, she likes to travel and have nice things and she’d reflect better if she acknowledges this and makes it part of videos.
I agree quit with no spend year
Quit trying to pretend you frugal with your free gym membership and free holidays.
It's disnengenuous and just winds people up.
Clearly they earn good money it's easy to save when so much for free.
She's not even a huge following.
She left channel mum and never really explained why.