Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The concept of a no buy year is interesting and I would watch this type of video if it was done genuinely but the way Lara and other vloggers make money is by selling stuff to viewers. You can't claim to be having a no buy year when companies gift you things in the hope you'll promote it and people will part with their cash to buy it. If she really wanted to do this properly she shouldn't have accepted a gifts from brands for the year.

Reactions: 6
I doubt they’ve saved that much. YT ad revenue is 2-5 dollars per 1000 views and some of her videos (most) have less than 5k views. Phoebe and Me‘s videos average the same and her channel isn’t monetised, as she said her vids would make pennies. Something doesn’t add up to me...

Reactions: 2
She does a fair amount of ads though, that’s where youtubers make most of their money anyway.

On smaller channels though the ads are paid with goods than money.... like free clothes for a video.

She clearly gets paid ads though, the kids watch, quidco etc. not Emily Norris level advertising but still.

Reactions: 1
Anyone watching her first time house buyers series? They’re so effing clueless it’s ridiculous!

Anyone watching her first time house buyers series? They’re so effing clueless it’s ridiculous!
I was hoping someone else thought the same!!

How clueless does she come across, in a huff because they had an agreement in principal and now they can't have the mortgage! It's called an agreement in 'principle' for a reason! It's not a guarantee and it's all subject to mortgage agreement and credit checks etc. She really is naive. And to show the house in her vlogs like she did, planning what they would do etc.

And I'm sorry, if she is so upset she cannot contribute as much as her husband, get off your arse and stop pretending that what you do is a job, get a real job where you are guaranteed a wage and can help with your home buying.

I don't relate to her much at all. Her no buy year annoyed me, she was gifted holidays and various other things and then trys to pass off that she has been struggling all year.

Reactions: 6
I haven't watched any of her youtube in months. I stopped following after she used the wankey term #presstrip when they went to Canada but out of curiously took a look at the house buying vlogs.

The salesperson patter of 'I really like you and would prefer to sell to you than the other couple who have just put in an offer' is the oldest line in salesman/woman's book.

Reactions: 4
Shock horror- woman who hasn’t worked in years is struggling to contribute much to the family finances 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 3
I've commented on her no buy channels asking her to try a none gifted year. Dont get me wrong I like her and her channel but this no buy thing is grating me when average Jo's dont get gifted things they want etc

Reactions: 4
I wish she would stop manifesting.
Also acting like shed some financial guru.
I think she said they have 35k savings and not all of that was during no spend year.
Think she said that's over maybe 5 years as they prefer to travel.
I'm nots sure if they have any debts
I don't see how meal subscription boxes even if on offer cab be cheaper than lidls and meal planning/batch cooking

Reactions: 2
After seeing her pop up on various CM channels and now Louise Penland, I wanted to see what she is all about. She is really all over the place, but I love decluttering/organization videos so I watched a playlist she put together. It's literally 28 videos of her decluttering the same 3 or 4 rooms over and over again. What also gets me is she says the same crap in each video. I need to do this. I should stop doing that. Honey, stop talking about it and actually do it already! The sad part is I actually like her fake, YouTube persona she presents on line. She's has a bit of a self-deprecating humor but doesn't go overboard. I like her husband as well, which I don't normally. If she would pull herself together and really try I could see myself actually watching her content. But she is terrible at filming, cleaning, and decorating. Get it together woman or get off the platform. I'm not one to defend Channel Mum, but I understand why they dumped her.

After seeing her pop up on various CM channels and now Louise Penland, I wanted to see what she is all about. She is really all over the place, but I love decluttering/organization videos so I watched a playlist she put together. It's literally 28 videos of her decluttering the same 3 or 4 rooms over and over again. What also gets me is she says the same crap in each video. I need to do this. I should stop doing that. Honey, stop talking about it and actually do it already! The sad part is I actually like her fake, YouTube persona she presents on line. She's has a bit of a self-deprecating humor but doesn't go overboard. I like her husband as well, which I don't normally. If she would pull herself together and really try I could see myself actually watching her content. But she is terrible at filming, cleaning, and decorating. Get it together woman or get off the platform. I'm not one to defend Channel Mum, but I understand why they dumped her.
DId they dump her? I didnt know that.
Shes not another one claiming to be best buddies with louise pentland is she? I thought that was just katie ellison to pinch some of her viewers! I felt she was really nasty with surreymama -they clearly hate eachother but as SJ strum claims to be mates with both they have to be seen to be getting on! Theyre all so cringeworthy. Why do they all hang out in a pack together whats that all about!?

She’s driving me mad with her constant advice on our to save money. Change the record it’s boring and repetitive now. We all know how to save.

She’s driving me mad with her constant advice on our to save money. Change the record it’s boring and repetitive now. We all know how to save.
I did think latest how buy a house was bit funny.
She's never brought a house.
She doesn't have a clue.
They need to save more before they buy.

DId they dump her? I didnt know that.
Shes not another one claiming to be best buddies with louise pentland is she? I thought that was just katie ellison to pinch some of her viewers! I felt she was really nasty with surreymama -they clearly hate eachother but as SJ strum claims to be mates with both they have to be seen to be getting on! Theyre all so cringeworthy. Why do they all hang out in a pack together whats that all about!?
What did she do to Surreymama??

How was she nasty to Surreymama? Must have missed that.

She wasn't dumped by CM, she left them as she wasn't happy about the control they wanted over her channel. She put something to this effect on her stories ages ago when it first happened.

When she lied about her total amount saved in the no buy year, that was it for me. Don't big yourself up by bringing others down. Lost of respect for her.

When she lied about her total amount saved in the no buy year, that was it for me. Don't big yourself up by bringing others down. Lost of respect for her.
She lied?? Did she not save all that money then!??