Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taking her son out of school for a holiday, can’t see the school agreeing to that especially when he’s just had a trip of a lifetime around California. I wonder if she’ll add paying a school fine to her no spend update?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
She is clearly trying to move into being a travel vlogger, but her 2 videos on travel are woeful. The footage on the SanFran video is wobbly and poorly filmed and the budgeting tips are just a repetition of take food from the breakfast buffet ...

Her travel Q&A “we love to travel with our kids” you’ve been on like one proper trip with them hun calm down. Actually now that I think about it Katie Ellison is the same, besides Dubai and some “gifted” holidays to France/Greece they’ve only really been to America. That’s hardly loving travel, just going to the same places in America again and again.

Her travel Q&A “we love to travel with our kids” you’ve been on like one proper trip with them hun calm down. Actually now that I think about it Katie Ellison is the same, besides Dubai and some “gifted” holidays to France/Greece they’ve only really been to America. That’s hardly loving travel, just going to the same places in America again and again.
Katie is a bit of an explorer - she's done NYC too and her filming is brilliant, but essentially, they all quite like going on holidays rather than 'travelling'

Reactions: 2
For being or becoming a "travel" blogger, her views are tit for those videos. What do brands look for? She is "working" with the Ottawa travel board for her latest jaunt but why would they pick her? Her views on the last trip are woeful, some under 1k views. Fair play to her taking the opportunities but I just don't get what the companies get out of it?
Plus travel on a budget....aye that's fine when u get loads "gifted" #presstrip

Reactions: 1
For being or becoming a "travel" blogger, her views are tit for those videos. What do brands look for? She is "working" with the Ottawa travel board for her latest jaunt but why would they pick her? Her views on the last trip are woeful, some under 1k views. Fair play to her taking the opportunities but I just don't get what the companies get out of it?
Plus travel on a budget....aye that's fine when u get loads "gifted" #presstrip
I would agree with a lot of this - I reckon they approached a few but she was prepared to take her kids out of school ...

Katie is a bit of an explorer - she's done NYC too and her filming is brilliant, but essentially, they all quite like going on holidays rather than 'travelling'
They’ve been to NYC like twice haven’t they? California 2/3 times, Florida 2/3 times. If you love travelling so much you wouldn’t keep going to the same places, especially when they’re quite expensive trips and you could be going somewhere new. I’ve been to lots of places I’ve really loved but I wouldn’t go back for a while (never mind just a year or two later) because there’s so many places I haven’t been.

They’ve been to NYC like twice haven’t they? California 2/3 times, Florida 2/3 times. If you love travelling so much you wouldn’t keep going to the same places, especially when they’re quite expensive trips and you could be going somewhere new. I’ve been to lots of places I’ve really loved but I wouldn’t go back for a while (never mind just a year or two later) because there’s so many places I haven’t been.
I suspect because Visit Florida and the like are paying her ...

Does anyone know if she has a big American audience? In her latest stories she is asking if people would be interested in her doing a 'thrift store' video. I presume she means charity shop.

Since when has #hosted replaced #gifted when a brand has offered you a freebie? She knows the industry guidelines because she had a hissy fit about then when they first came out so why is it so hard to follow the rules. AD Gifted should be mentioned at the start of the post. Trying to hide the fact with this 'hosted' after the ridiculous #presstrip just makes her seem sneeky and shady.

Since when has #hosted replaced #gifted when a brand has offered you a freebie? She knows the industry guidelines because she had a hissy fit about then when they first came out so why is it so hard to follow the rules. AD Gifted should be mentioned at the start of the post. Trying to hide the fact with this 'hosted' after the ridiculous #presstrip just makes her seem sneeky and shady.
THIS

PUT THE AD AT THE START SO IT IS CLEAR YOU DIDNT PAY FOR WHAT YOU ARE DISPLAYING IN YOUR GRID!! IF YOU TALK ABOUT THE PRODUCT DEFFO AN AD. SIMPLES

They all seem to try to use any hashtag other than #ad. Gifted, press trip, hosted, spon, partnership, brand ambassador etc etc. Just say it’s an ad, everyone will understand and probably respect the honesty and clarity.

What so we all think of her no spend year?
She's very copycat American style in cleaning blogs.
How can you be no spend but go on holidays, have nails done and hair?
If you get continuous freebies must be easier to save money.
I wish her no buy year was more extreme and creative.
Must be hard living in rented house when all the other gram freinds have perfect homes.
I guess least she has a normal average home.

She had loads of holidays and still managed to save 24k! Her audience isn't that big. What does her husband do??

She had loads of holidays and still managed to save 24k! Her audience isn't that big. What does her husband do??
I think some of holidays were gifted or at least Canada was but she must have encountered some costs.
Copafeel walk was all paid for but she still has has to raise 1k reach her target.
I thought she would have saved more if that's result of 2 people saving.
Maybe influencers don't get paid as much as we think.
Or maybe she doesnt get was many ads since she left channel mum which she never addressed.
I know 24k I said lot but they must get gifted lots which brings costs down free make-up/ skincare/ toys/ meals/ hello fresh and family days out.

She’s really started to bug me lately with her wannabe American style. I don’t know when she started it but it’s so noticeable in her new gift guide video and all the “guys, hit like if you agree with me, hit like if you can relate blah blah blah”. Lara Hun, I’ll hit like if I like the video.
The no spend year has been a crock of tit. She’s had gifted hair cuts, gifted holidays, new tech gear, IKEA trips and she’s done ASOS and Primark hauls. She could have used it as chance to be relatable to her audience but i imagine it’s easy to spend less of you’re given stuff for free. Even in her gift guide she said most of the stuff had been gifted to her!

Reactions: 4
She’s really started to bug me lately with her wannabe American style. I don’t know when she started it but it’s so noticeable in her new gift guide video and all the “guys, hit like if you agree with me, hit like if you can relate blah blah blah”. Lara Hun, I’ll hit like if I like the video.
The no spend year has been a crock of tit. She’s had gifted hair cuts, gifted holidays, new tech gear, IKEA trips and she’s done ASOS and Primark hauls. She could have used it as chance to be relatable to her audience but i imagine it’s easy to spend less of you’re given stuff for free. Even in her gift guide she said most of the stuff had been gifted to her!
I have seen a few better examples of no spend years some quite extreme.
Ie live on a pound a day
Cycling everywhere . Growing own food.
Shopping reductions/ charity shops
Make do and mend

I loved the concept when she said she was having a no buy year.
But the gifted gym membership Nuffield ad annoyed me.
Also the treatments before usa holiday I think they paid for themselves.
I assume the sofas were kindly gifted this year.
The ASOS haul was cringe.
Only watched no spend update and cleaning between fall and Xmas.
I get the urge declutter she had too much furniture in that living room.
I assume she got free clothes and make-up she could have gifted it all to charity and truly tried to survive on a budget.
A no buy to me is about sacrifice so no holidays or salon I did not realise bet gift guides was gifted.
Home made Xmas decs/cards and presents would be content I expect to see.
But that won't earn affilate money what she's trying to do is at odd with being a influencer encouraging people to spend.
How far off is house buying as seems a way off and I assume houses near her are expensive.

I've been watching her for about a year. When did she change so badly?! Her content is so fake and awful now. I remember when she supposedly broke down on video saying she didn't know what to do with her channel and what content people "wanted" (Err you're alright thanks love!) and then when she hit a new target of subscribers she suddenly shifted up a gear to be all professional phoney, red lipped, you tuber shes so incredibly false and disingenuous now. "Leave me all a note in the comments below guys" "I'd love to know what you all think in the comments below guys" "Let me know if you're decluttering along with me at home guys"
WTAF?! Shut the f up you phoney lady.

And who exactly is that awful bonehead husband of hers?! He's the absolute pits. I think he thinks he's Jason Statham or something.

Yeh all this talk of "Fall". Err...it's Autumn you idiot, you live in f'in Basingstoke love!

• Haha
Has anyone watched her latest video it's a real eye opener it's round up of her no spend year.

She's nearly on 25 followers engagement likes veiws and commemnts seem low.
Still flogging Quito.
Says they buying soon 2020 I assume she's saved 34k so another 16k to go to reach her target.
She says she travels to London once or twice a week for work.
Is that meetings or any events she can pick up free tit.

I agree with her on before costs and savings she probably underestimated as averaged costs out.
Before no spend 60 to 80 quid on hair every 6 weeks.
Nails £20 a month.
Meals out x 1 £60 a month she afmits she probably ate out more than that same with coffees
Change tv package she doesn't elaborate what.
I suspect as well as free holidays she got some free makeup/clothes and skin care.
Woukd love to know how many freebies and their value.
How many free breaks and days out has she had this week.
Did she get any free food if working with supermarket or hello blooming fresh.
Free gym membership at Nuffield health.

I just never have that amount disposable income myself to spend on makeup, beauty/ hair/ clothes and meals out not sure about anyone else.

I don't disagree going out on your birthday or replacing a broken tv.
Her moaning she can't buy any new clothes for Christmas.
She could make some gifts for adults like baking or crafting that would have provided some content.

No idea if 34k all saved this year.
What her husband does.
I think they paid for American holiday probably year before but they would if had spending money in 2019 and she did buy some new things for holiday.
Next year she's not doing no spend as she wants to bring us thrift store content it's a bloody charity shop so maybe Americans are her greatest fan.

This no spend could have been good content but the numerous holidays and freebies makes it feel bit crap.
Is housing in Basingstoke cheap as being much older 1st time buyers the term they can borrow is much less.