Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She puts so much emphasis on FTB status, like she's entitled to more just because she hasn't bought yet. I'm selling my house right now and FTB are really not my favourite type of buyer, they are flighty, freak out about homebuyer survey results easily and make ridiculous demands. They do not have a realistic view on buying a property, because they lack experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She puts so much emphasis on FTB status, like she's entitled to more just because she hasn't bought yet. I'm selling my house right now and FTB are really not my favourite type of buyer, they are flighty, freak out about homebuyer survey results easily and make ridiculous demands. They do not have a realistic view on buying a property, because they lack experience.
You should suggest to the FTB they set up as a house buying guru on YouTube to help fund their purchase 🙄😂

Another thing bugging me is that she said when she calls agents they can’t get a viewing booked as they’re full. While I get this might happen occasionally when a property is marketed before going live, her job is being sat at a computer/her phone all day. She should have Rightmove alerts set up for as soon as a new property is added and be phoning straight away. I feel like she probably deliberates overnight and discussed with Stu and then its too late.

Reactions: 9
She always mentions her bloating, which I understand if it’s causing her pain, but why does everyone make such a big deal out of it now a days? Doesn’t everyone get bloated

Reactions: 5
She hasn’t decluttered the pantry, she just moves stuff around. She’s no idea of minimalist.

Reactions: 5
She hasn’t decluttered the pantry, she just moves stuff around. She’s no idea of minimalist.
I think she gets confused with being cheap and not buying and being a minimalist. It really annoys me coz I started a minimalist journey and watch lots of youtubers and thats how i found her channel coz she uses the minimalist hashtag but she just pulls stuff out and then puts it back in neatly, i bet its a mess in 2 days again. She needs to watch some actual minimalist content to realise she is just a cheap skate

Reactions: 6
The latest video is a clickbait. Not that easy to make £100 per hour. How does a social media manager make £100/hour? They do not. In her head, having clients means charging them whatever you want. Again, it does not.

Reactions: 4
Oh dear lord that is disgusting! I mean under the sink was minging as well. I get the whole i’m keeping it real but I work full time, have a family and neither my fridge or under the sink look like hers. Its complete laziness, a cheap hoarder who hides things in every nook and shelf rather than cleaning them and tries to say shes a frugal minimalist 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Reactions: 9
This just solidified my opinion of her being a disgusting wannabee. How can she position herself as any sort of influencer with such revolting image?

Reactions: 3
That fridge is gross! It also looks like she’s got raw meat high up mixed with other foods.

Reactions: 3
Shes really milking the frugal aspect yet I don't think she's that frugal at all.
Yes, Joanna being a preacher about frugal living and saving a few quid on food whilst buying a fresh bunch of peonies on the weekly and parting with 25quid to get her nails done.
It's all rather contradictory....

How long can she continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel for frugal living and money making tips?

Next up with Joanna Jarvis: "Flogging another dead horse at the bootsale!"

She needs to reinvent her channel in a better way if she is going to keep going at this, I can't imagine it's much fun trying to re-word a bunch of her old videos for the sake of 'new' content.

Reactions: 4
If they actually buy a house it will unlock loads of new content for her but I feel like that’s becoming less and less likely as time goes on.

Reactions: 2
Yes, Joanna being a preacher about frugal living and saving a few quid on food whilst buying a fresh bunch of peonies on the weekly and parting with 25quid to get her nails done.
It's all rather contradictory....

How long can she continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel for frugal living and money making tips?

Next up with Joanna Jarvis: "Flogging another dead horse at the bootsale!"

She needs to reinvent her channel in a better way if she is going to keep going at this, I can't imagine it's much fun trying to re-word a bunch of her old videos for the sake of 'new' content.
In her defence, she does call it "best life on a budget" or something, and does say her content is saving on things you can to spend it on things you want. While I personally wouldn't dream of spending 25 quid on my nails, I'd absolutely rather put that towards better quality food, more fresh fruit and veg, some fancy cheese, totally overpriced kids snacks. But evidently food isn't important to her and that's where she saves.

Frugality is about prioritising and finding good deals. Would be good content though if she found cheaper ways of doing things like her hair and nails. Think how much she could milk a "cheap beauty" series. Goes to a student salon to get her hair done. Looks for vouchers for her nails. Does pedicures with her mates. Tries different home eyelash lift kits. It's like she's not even trying.

Reactions: 1