Lara Joanna Jarvis #2: I’m begging, begging you…

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Greedy leech really sums her up! She's in an advert for Tiktok for her money saving ideas. Yet this is the woman who, in a video this week, admitted it took her 10 years to save to buy a house when she was nearly 40. Hardly aspirational is she?
Its very odd. She said she used to be a trained chef,but gave that up for a career in social media. She has a group on Facebook, and to be honest it's the mrmbers who post advice and tips,next to nothing from her. Sldo I fknt sgree with her recommending balance transfers to credit cards or banks from relative unknown banks/companies,its so risky. I get the impression,that she will advertise or recommend anything for the right price. Before they moved to this new house,I noticed that quite often her hubby would do the food shop, theyd buy wine and beer,nothing wrong with that, but not financially sound if you claim to be saving to buy a house. I struggle to see the logic in so much of what she advises. She buys so much unnecessary stuff and prioritised buying a patio set and and tables and going on holiday over buying furniture for inside the house. In her F B group someone asked if they should psy off their £1800 crefit card bill or transfer it onto a new card,before it began adding interest. I was gob smacked that people were saying transfer the balance rather than pay off the debt

Reactions: 7
Its very odd. She said she used to be a trained chef,but gave that up for a career in social media. She has a group on Facebook, and to be honest it's the mrmbers who post advice and tips,next to nothing from her. Sldo I fknt sgree with her recommending balance transfers to credit cards or banks from relative unknown banks/companies,its so risky. I get the impression,that she will advertise or recommend anything for the right price. Before they moved to this new house,I noticed that quite often her hubby would do the food shop, theyd buy wine and beer,nothing wrong with that, but not financially sound if you claim to be saving to buy a house. I struggle to see the logic in so much of what she advises. She buys so much unnecessary stuff and prioritised buying a patio set and and tables and going on holiday over buying furniture for inside the house. In her F B group someone asked if they should psy off their £1800 crefit card bill or transfer it onto a new card,before it began adding interest. I was gob smacked that people were saying transfer the balance rather than pay off the debt
Why anyone would follow the advice of an influencer with zero qualifications in finance or proven track record in advising clients with their finances/ investments etc is beyond me…

Reactions: 13
And was she advising that you transfer it if you don’t need to and have the funds to pay it off? I’m not on FB so can’t follow her!!

Reactions: 1
And was she advising that you transfer it if you don’t need to and have the funds to pay it off? I’m not on FB so can’t follow her!!
No,thsts the issue,people post questions the advice and suggestions come ftom other nembers,she occasionally posts an Ad. But its her group,so she should be taking some responsibility for what is being advised. It judt like channel mums group used to be, people asking serious questions related to health,rather than speaking to trained health care professionals. As a qualified nurse I contacted them with my cooncerns and all they said was,if people choose to post on FB rather than seek professional help,it's their choice. Personally i think the group owner has a responsibility/duty of care,sadly too many people cant survive if itsnot on social media

No,thsts the issue,people post questions the advice and suggestions come ftom other nembers,she occasionally posts an Ad. But its her group,so she should be taking some responsibility for what is being advised. It judt like channel mums group used to be, people asking serious questions related to health,rather than speaking to trained health care professionals. As a qualified nurse I contacted them with my cooncerns and all they said was,if people choose to post on FB rather than seek professional help,it's their choice. Personally i think the group owner has a responsibility/duty of care,sadly too many people cant survive if itsnot on social media
So a Facebook grp set up to post Ads with the followers providing the advice, whether good or bad! Sounds about right!

Reactions: 4
So a Facebook grp set up to post Ads with the followers providing the advice, whether good or bad! Sounds about right!
I used to be a member of the FB group but left because as others have said it's the members that keep the conversations going, she rarely posts anything and when she does it's to advertise a video or something she wants engagement on. It annoyed me so much when she used to say come and join my amazing group full of great tips and advice it's got x amount of members like it was all down to her. I'm a big fan of money saving and budgeting and she irritates the hell out of me, her advice and tips are things my teenage niece would know. I can't believe she's got awards for her channel, who the hell is voting for her?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I used to be a member of the FB group but left because as others have said it's the members that keep the conversations going, she rarely posts anything and when she does it's to advertise a video or something she wants engagement on. It annoyed me so much when she used to say come and join my amazing group full of great tips and advice it's got x amount of members like it was all down to her. I'm a big fan of money saving and budgeting and she irritates the hell out of me, her advice and tips are things my teenage niece would know. I can't believe she's got awards for her channel, who the hell is voting for her?
Exactly!! Anyone with half a brain knows these money saving tips!!! Aah ok I getcha, I agree she needs to take some responsibility for what’s posted but in reality she probably doesn’t know the right things to advise anyway 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
Well when your MIL dies and leaves an inheritance you can get on the property ladder …. So frugal but knowing you got a lemon …..

I’m sure I saw a photo of her on Brogan Tate/Louise Pentland’s stories on the p&o cruise boat show round. But she’s posted nothing about it on her page when everyone else has made reels/stories about it. So lazy!

Bets on whether a cruise will be her next freebie trip?!

I’m sure I saw a photo of her on Brogan Tate/Louise Pentland’s stories on the p&o cruise boat show round. But she’s posted nothing about it on her page when everyone else has made reels/stories about it. So lazy!

Bets on whether a cruise will be her next freebie trip?!
She said on LPs post what great value it is! Like she has any intention of spending her own money on a cruise on it!

• Haha
Did her lip filler dissolve or something? I haven't watched her for a few months and now her lips are looking REALLY thin, thinner than before.

Did her lip filler dissolve or something? I haven't watched her for a few months and now her lips are looking REALLY thin, thinner than before.
No she just has a s horrible shaped mouth /chin!
It just swings and she needs an ikea hammock to help hold it up 😏😂

Reactions: 2
Why do these influencers always think it is Instagram that isn't showing their content. It never occurs to them that people choose not to watch.

Reactions: 10
Why do these influencers always think it is Instagram that isn't showing their content. It never occurs to them that people choose not to watch.
There is a good chance instagram aren’t promoting her posts to her follower’s. If you have a business account it will tell you how many views and the engagement for your posts and I know I’ve had many before that have only been seen (not engaged with) by less than 10% of my follower amount. But if you have a low engagement then instagram won’t show it as much anyway

Lara really doesn’t understand how to use credit cards properly. She needs to stop telling people not to put anything on a credit card as if it’s basically a loan no one ever pays back. No Lara if you are buying a holiday or a car you really really should be using a credit card and then paying it off. It’s actually bad advise to tell people to pay for these bigger expenses in cash

• Heart
I feel like her engagement probably isn’t great. From what I could see she basically took two weeks off over Christmas, and hardly posted at all. And she tends to just take random weeks off (cough Vegas cough!) so I doubt her audience are that engaged.

Reactions: 6
Well I am certainly not engaged. Her content bores me to tears. I just skip past her stories & posts. 🥱😴

Reactions: 5
Lara really doesn’t understand how to use credit cards properly. She needs to stop telling people not to put anything on a credit card as if it’s basically a loan no one ever pays back. No Lara if you are buying a holiday or a car you really really should be using a credit card and then paying it off. It’s actually bad advise to tell people to pay for these bigger expenses in cash
I don't watch her money advise videos because she is not educated in the subject but if her advise is don't use credit cards full stop that is very bad advice. Yes, don't use credit cards if you can't afford to pay the money off every month but you actually get really good consumer protection if you pay on a credit card. I treat my credit card like a debit card but make sure I don't over spend so pay the entire balance every month by direct debit that way I don't get charged interest, get consumer protection on my purchases and also get rewards in vouchers to spend from the credit card company.

Reactions: 5
There is a good chance instagram aren’t promoting her posts to her follower’s. If you have a business account it will tell you how many views and the engagement for your posts and I know I’ve had many before that have only been seen (not engaged with) by less than 10% of my follower amount. But if you have a low engagement then instagram won’t show it as much anyway

anything above £100 should go on the credit card as it offers better protection in case anything goes wrong

Lara's latest health update was a complete sham to shoehorn a skinandme ad in. I don't understand why she kept saying the Doc's were fobbing her off! She had so many tests that all can back clear only for her to realise the bloats due to onions and garlic!

Reactions: 6