L&R dreaming. (Disney vloggers)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re so far out of touch! That middle class lifestyle is really shining through (if not upper class at this rate)
I did some digging and found what they both do for a living and I doubt they are upper class by any means. I’m wondering if they make a good chunk of money from YouTube views though which could be funding their multiple expensive trips. But yeah, it definitely seems like they are going more and more down the route of Adam Hattan and the Lodge Guys. It was so glaring in the vlog with Luke’s family where they accepted the free Sea World parks tickets and labeled the videos as ads. It’s kinda sad because I still like them and hoped they would stay humble and real. Now I’m more into Mr David and Mr Ian for my Disney vlog fix.

Reactions: 5
Just recently discovered Mr David & Mr Ian during lockdown. They like a good laugh and certainly don’t shy away from a bit of innuendo! 🤣 They seem more real cos they don’t try to hide it.
I think where L&R can be informative but it’s about the same thing again and again. I find myself when watching David & Ian also Mac & Sarah picking up my phone to further look at the restaurants/places they visit for even more info cos they catch my attention by what they have said.

Reactions: 3
I started to fall out of love with them after California when I knew there was some stuff they didn't do. Then i found out Shanghai has more that they didnt include in their vlogs

And the recent WDW ones you can pretty much guess what they'll be doing the minute they say what park they're going to. Obviously it's their holiday and they can do whatever they like, but as a viewer I dont have to engage.

Possibly a controversial opinion but I'm not a fan of the ones where his family have gone with them. They are lovely dont get me wrong, but it ends up being people talking over one another or the same thing being repeated more and more. it's bad enough when Luke repeats what Rich says, but when the families there it's even worse

Reactions: 5
I don’t know that they do for a living, but they really do live quite simply IMO. They don’t drink, smoke or eat out. They pack their lunches. The house is wee. No expensive children. Their money is their own and they don’t buy each other gifts.. I can see why they have a decent amount of disposable income

Reactions: 2
I started to fall out of love with them after California when I knew there was some stuff they didn't do. Then i found out Shanghai has more that they didnt include in their vlogs
They really didn't sell shanghai to me at all.

It was never somewhere high on my list to go but after watching the imagineering story I was curious and thought if we were ever travelling far and needed to do a short stopover it might be worth considering.

I watched their vlogs and I thought it was a long way for them to go for such a short trip and then they seemed to do the same things every day like there wasn't a lot to do. I lost track of how many times they rode Tron!
Also the way the spoke about tother guests behaviour, running, physically pushing in queues etc, made it seem really unpleasant.

I do appreciate that they go to the Asian parks though unlike a lot of UK Disney vloggers who just do WDW and DLP.

Reactions: 1
I stopped watching them at that point. I didn’t like the Sea World aspect - they say they think carefully as to what they will take for free but they will risk a but of controversy if it suits them. Plus the way the never stopped going on about the grandparents I felt they were only there for the views tbh.
I watched Vlogmas which wasn’t as good as previously and then had hoped the home vlogs during lockdown would be worth watching......
Will never watch any of their collabs because I don’t agree with them starting to actually beginning to flog merch under these current circumstances.

Yes the Shanghai vlog was awful. Just them literally doing the same rides over and over again.

Also it’s Rich who repeats everything Luke says. It’s almost like he’s a robot with no opinions of his own. Also I’ve noticed that if Rich says something that Luke disagrees with Rich will instantly change what he said to agree with Luke. Kinda creepy.

Agreed about the family vlog. You could tell his grandpa was so over it after a few days. Two weeks with your extended family would be absolute hell for me. Lol

Reactions: 4
I don’t know that they do for a living, but they really do live quite simply IMO. They don’t drink, smoke or eat out. They pack their lunches. The house is wee. No expensive children. Their money is their own and they don’t buy each other gifts.. I can see why they have a decent amount of disposable income
I guess its subjective but I live in a 2 bedroom terrace, and live quite modestly and if I spent what they do on take out coffees, imports from the states, regular food shops (from multiple supermarkets and online it seems) and 'treats' I'd have no money it all adds up really quickly. They also seem to have every TV package going. No issue if that's what they want but to me it's not simple living.

But yes two guys without kids in a smallish house could raise money easily plus miles.

Luke's the bigger guy? it's always him repeating whatever Rich has said. Always taken it's a dominance thing, Luke has to reaffirm whatever Rich has said and be in control of the narrative

Tell a lie I did watch the last time they were there and they started bleating on about Joffrey’s every 22 seconds and which cable car they were going to get on. Now admittedly I watched hours of Resort Tv1 riding about in them live one day and they did not bug me anywhere near as much as those 2 did. Strawberry acai was done to death as was Kimbles and Twistee Treat so what will be next after Joffreys??

Tell a lie I did watch the last time they were there and they started bleating on about Joffrey’s every 22 seconds and which cable car they were going to get on. Now admittedly I watched hours of Resort Tv1 riding about in them live one day and they did not bug me anywhere near as much as those 2 did. Strawberry acai was done to death as was Kimbles and Twistee Treat so what will be next after Joffreys??
Oh my god, guess the colour of the sky liner car drove me mad!

• Haha
They really didn't sell shanghai to me at all.

It was never somewhere high on my list to go but after watching the imagineering story I was curious and thought if we were ever travelling far and needed to do a short stopover it might be worth considering.

I watched their vlogs and I thought it was a long way for them to go for such a short trip and then they seemed to do the same things every day like there wasn't a lot to do. I lost track of how many times they rode Tron!
Also the way the spoke about tother guests behaviour, running, physically pushing in queues etc, made it seem really unpleasant.

I do appreciate that they go to the Asian parks though unlike a lot of UK Disney vloggers who just do WDW and DLP.
I recommend ThisNatasha to watch for Shanghai trips, she's been multiple times, very informative, has a good understanding of the culture

Yes thisnatasha is definitely someone you should be watching if you're planning to go to the asian parks, or Japan in general

It's face masks 🤦‍♀️
I really hope that they and whoever they're "partnering with" (I hate that expression) say that ALL profits go to charity. Its fair enough with the tshirts but face masks, no. Especially as they have both been shielding due to underlying issues, I think its stomach or bowel issues with Rich.

I really hope that they and whoever they're "partnering with" (I hate that expression) say that ALL profits go to charity. Its fair enough with the tshirts but face masks, no. Especially as they have both been shielding due to underlying issues, I think its stomach or bowel issues with Rich.
I agree but i think we both know what ain't going to happen.

Edited to add: Rich has Crohn's and Luke I'm sure has Asthma.

Tbh I dont have an issue with making and selling masks, its part of life now and plenty of other companies are. I'm just not sure why youd want that logo over your mouth 🤷‍♂️

Yes they both have preexisting and have been shielding which is why their decision to travel twice during a pandemic has annoyed me and made me question them

Reactions: 7
They are taking advantage of the very loyal following they have.
Up to them if they want to spend their money I supose but thank god I have seen the light cos I dare say 2 years ago I would have been daft enough to buy them and the tshirts 🙈

Just like any other Disney vloggers, fleecing their viewers, the nice persona’s are what people fall for, but surely that’s not always them, they never seem to slip up, so maybe it is but I’m skeptial about what goes on when the camera isn’t rolling

• Heart