Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dizmal

The be fair, it was very hot here when they filmed that, so that maybe explain some of the sweating. Luke does look like he has lost some weight facially but when you see him in the vlogs charging off into the distance, he looks as big as he ever was.

I've been to Salem and I'm not sure you can justify not doing the Witch Museum, really. It's definitely the main attraction.

I've put this in the general Disney Vloggers thread but thought it worth repeating here- they seem disproportionately upset by the recent YouTube video showing people scrapping in Magic Kingdom, so much so that they seem to have put out some sort of statement about it and it sounds like they might cancel their September trip over it. It's their money and they can do what they want with it of course, but this sounds very OTT.
Their videos get on my nerves, but let's get real. They didn't put out a statement -- it was just a tweet. In one of their replies they mention their September trip so I don't think it's likely they will cancel.

Reactions: 1

Furnessian

VIP Member
It’s currently too cold to be out all day in the NE, like literally freezing. Not that lovely sunny cold but fucking miserable. Anyway, let’s see what they get up to, probably exactly the same as last time they were in Boston.

CrinkleCut88

VIP Member
They are as bad as the Lodge Twats.
There's a whole world to explore (as they say)
We will boycott Florida

BUT DISNEY GETS US VIEWS EVEN THOUGH WE PRETEND WE AREN'T BOTHERED

Mark81

VIP Member
I completely understand avoiding plane food with crohns, but things like skipping breakfast and having so much sugar etc seems odd to me. Other people with crohns still live healthy lifestyles

Can I ask what plane food does that other food doesn’t? I don’t know much about the condition and why flying brings it on. I can see rich eats bbq ribs, ice cream, tonnes of coffee drinks, chicken tenders and fries. Does airline food have something added that you can’t eat? I would have thought some good greens and maybe some grilled chicken would be good to eat
I'd imagine it's not knowing what is available until you're on board. And if you don't like what's offered you can end up not eating for hours. Ive had some flights where the food was awful so often grab something at the airport. If you eat beforehand you know you're getting a solid safe meal before flying. Plus there is the reheating element of a lot of airplane food

lalalandinmyhead

I disagree. I think it’s great that they have publicly highlighted this and the ‘Don’t say Gay’ bill is a huge deal in Florida. Disney is the foundation of their platform and as gay men, it makes absolute sense they want to talk about it.

And wouldn’t it be great if it makes them think twice about other places they spend money.

It’s possible to care about both the Russian Invasion of Ukraine and the suppression of LGBT+ rights in Florida, too.
Fair enough but they only ever post stuff that has an argumentative undertone. “We are going to contact disney” great, we don’t care. Did you contact any of the other companies you support who openly are anti gay?

Its just when it suits them. And I think to have a following and only select when they want to care isn’t cool. Why can’t they just do it behind closed doors and find out. Why be all drama and post it on stories to thousands of people

It's possible their eyes have been opened. Most tourists wouldn't know how florida works.

I was more surprised they follow wdwnt I thought most people knew how problematic that site is
Lol they probably are on here too. They seem the type

It will be interesting to see what happens to regular queue times once genie+ and lightning lane is rolled out. Will it make regular lines go faster, will single rider lines be impacted?!
I didn't think they used the DAS pass, only when grandpa was there. I thought they relied mostly on fastpasses

Mark81

VIP Member
Also not sure why they have started doing temperature is f instead of c, guess to appease the US audience, or like always are they trying to be more american
Isn't that standard British though? We are a weird mix of both metric and imperial. Yes I know officially we use C, but my whole life and most people i know switch between metric and imperial for different things. Ive even seen memes about it. Personally I use f quite a lot, especially when it's hot, then c for some reason when it'd cold.

And no, their salem vlog wasn't better it was worse (i liked the first one). But this was really poor and I'm surprised how little they did.

Furnessian

VIP Member
I agree Boston is lovely and chilled and made for wandering around but L&R made it look dead boring. I cannot believe they rented a car basically to go to a Walmart miles and miles away and buy shit food. All the places they could have explored but no, drive up a non-descript motorway, do some shopping that basically could have been done anywhere and then return the car early afternoon.

I'm glad they enjoyed their trip and it's their holiday so they can do what they want but why vlog it at all?

Mark81

VIP Member
I know it's an L&R thread but i think Karen Bee's last few vlogs have been poor alright
I've always found her poor. She seems nice enough but she is not a good vlogger

I feel I need to quote all your reply. All very true can’t deny. The walking is good yes but if you are still consuming a scary amount of junk, your poor body still has to process it. They both look terrible for their age, are they not in their 30s still? A giant sugar drink and donut still has the same negative impact on your body, even if you walk some of it off. (Considering this is their normal diet)

i hope WDW brings back their personality too. Something doesn’t add up in this trip. Why bother going? Maybe they had a flight credit and hotel to use up. Much cheaper than a Florida trip
Oh yeah I agree, their diet does need an overhaul but I do think Luke especially has lost some weight. But also agree they still don't look that well. Rich is in his mid to late 30s I think, pretty sure luke is early to mid 40s

I honestly think covid and lockdowns has hit them hard, and maybe more things have happened that we don't know about. Also agree I think this was a test to see how comfortable they felt travelling long haul again

I thought they usually did one night at the more expensive hotels which would give them 2 days of express passes. But is that not usually when they are already doing Disney?! Since they are not doing that they will just go using AP and ride what they can.
I thought that was the case.

All I know for sure is they've been pissing around going to Bucces :oops:

We
I have to defend them a little bit here. While I realise why people were upset, they were super careful and saw pretty much no one (mainly to protect themselves, but still).

They’re damned if they do vlog and damned if they don’t.

They talked a lot about how difficult lockdown was on their mental health and I completely understand their reluctance to share their lives now.

I just don’t think it’s a money thing for them, it’s much more about sharing their passion for all things Disney.
We might have to agree to disagree on this. This isn’t a rave thread.

They love Disney but haven’t done any Disney vlogs for 10 months. No top rides, tips or even some clips from their Disney cruise. Even a reaction to some old holidays. They could of bothered for us fans who bought their merch and alway supported them.

we wouldn’t care if they didn’t vlog all year but flogging merch and then telling us about their cruises on Instagram is a bit insulting. and then popping up suddenly for Christmas is a bit of a p-take.

It clearly is about the money. Why would you be so worried to vlog for 10 months and then suddenly be ok to do it at the most high pressure time of the year. Makes no sense at all.
I don’t wish anything bad for them but as a subscriber for years I’m quite angry with them

Judes1974

Chatty Member
At the Container store again, why don't they take the ones with them from last time rather than buying more?!

Oh looks like they have not cancelled their florida trip after their twitter comments. I have always wanted to go to boston and especially salem but honestly it looks like shit on the vlogs. There is a pathological obsession with food. I just don’t understand what’s going on - bizarre vlogs with not visiting anything because they are walking around at 8am and everything is closed. Wondering what they were doing there - maybe they were working or visiting other youtubers « friends » and didn’t have time to visit anything. Just really bizarre.

I think they explained all about it on a previous vlog , he always has something really bland the night before travelling , I would imagine being on a airplane with chronic diarrhoea and abdominal pain for nine hours can’t be very pleasant but I’m sure he knows what triggers his
Why not eat something nutritious at the airport in a restaurant or a light meal from Eat? Rather than eat a massive share bag of fruit pastilles on the plane. It just doesn’t make sense at all sorry

like when they went to Hollywood studios to some massive all you can eat, stuffed plate after plate and then had to cancel some Xmas event because he was sick.

• Wow
they seem to be doing everything disney apart from going in a park. Going to hotels, riding the skyliner and boats, disney springs.

Its just sad when they seemed to make it out that last trip with the grands would be the last to WDW for a time as it wasn't the same and so many more places to visit etc I honestly saw them going back to Japan before Florida again, but they obviously just needed some comfort.

Just hope one of them doesn't get sick, or has an accident!