Kylie Flavell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
at what point did her accent change? I only started watching her videos last year. It is so odd!
Not only does it change over time it changes mid episode .. sometimes also really breathy and others not so

Reactions: 4
Her comment section really is full on cult. Lol. I saw one comment earlier saying they liked cannolis but after watching how they are made would not eat them again (weird comment but nothing outrageous). I just went to browse the latest and it is gone, lol.

Everything else is starry eyed adoration by middle aged women who insist on citing Under the Tuscan Sun and horny Italian men saying she is the perfect woman etc.

But now I wonder if it is not a wedding as the big announcement, but perhaps a collaboration with Guido's family opening a new tourism site and cooking classes etc. I laughed so hard at one comment (IG or YT) suggesting Guido make and market a wine in her image.

• Haha
Not shocking she deleted a post. She has deleted ALL posts criticizing her, even benign ones. She is unbearable to me. For those who have followed her for a while, we see a woman-child who "quit her career" at 20 (obvs funded by her family) to move to Italy, she has documented several stereotypical relationships, here there amd everywhere, o e inc physical abuse (her crap video about love, i forget which, where the bimbo romanticizes being hit, hitting back, torn off clothes and "making love" by the side of the road). Now she has found dumb Guido to fund her lifestyle. She was just "madly in love" with some rich dude from Monte Carlo. Fake AF, I cannot stand her.
I’ve just checked and yes ! She’s deleted a critical comment I made on her Moroccan vlog regarding the awful American woman making money out of Moroccan artefacts. A completely tone deaf interview with a woman in a luxurious house making she’d loads of cash out of locals . My comment has gone .

• Wow
As I was rolling thru pages for KF ( looking for a comments page like this) I found a magazine called Romeing where she set out all the latin lover types in great detail & mostly from personal experience - not bad for a self-professed introvert. None of them were seriously interested in her or foreign girls long term so I was wondering which category Guido belonged before he was ensnared by the domestic goddess. Btw after watching video of her & Meinardi a pleasant enough chef who was in Big Brother I looked up the jury for the World Pasta Champioships for 2/3 years & they were certainly not on it as she claim- how could they be?

Curating comments is part of the whole set-up - Niki Positano said she had contacted her but never got a. reply of course as her own vlogs show life as it is with her family and friends whereas the rarefied staging of K'r life. is surreal. Small wonder no friends appear - they'd ruin the dream-like sets - wrong clothes, voices, movements, she'd have to tell them what to say AND learn the faux laugh and little girl clapping & jumping.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I was trying to seek out this beautiful Tuscan villa/farm with chapel and cypresses. How cliché Toscano. It is the stuff of paintings of the Tuscan countryside and 100% agree the film quality is fabulous.

Like others posting here, YouTube suggested her videos based on recent Italy videos I’ve watched. My husband (who is first generation US-born Toscano) listened to her speak Italian and was impressed. It was the first chicken coop episode. He couldn’t finish watching her. When she said, "I’m an introvert,"he spit!

So, here I am following a link looking for which locale, two hours south of Florence. You have all said what my husband and I have been thinking. This latest episode of making cannoli, using the waste plastic wrapping for a pastry bag and her boobs popping out rolling dough...looking at the camera. Footage of her used in her last video. And all I could think is what is this really about?

Mentioning her accent and affectations and deleting comments got me thinking, the supposed Facebook account which has been hacked, isn’t hacked imo. It is. But there are a lot of Kylie Flavells down under. Look her up on FB. A page called Patrick and Kylie look like she’s filming at the farmhouse!? Patrick isn’t Guido but bears a strong resemblance and Patrick owns Hello Fresh? Haven’t checked out this link yet...

Thanks for letting me vent, too.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Look her up on FB. A page called Patrick and Kylie look like she’s filming at the farmhouse!? Patrick isn’t Guido but bears a strong resemblance and Patrick owns Hello Fresh? Haven’t checked out this link yet...

[/QUOTE]

i’ve watched all of her videos because I really love most things about her. But I have a lot of questions too. With Patrick- I think they met online and she cast him in her movie “a love parallel”. She definitely has a type, the guy in the Greece video also looks just like Patrick and Guido lol.

Reactions: 1
Finally - I have been thinking to myself surely I am not the only one who sees through her!
What really gets me is how she constantly low key criticises and judges other women and nobody seems to pick her up on it - like in her apples video she says something along the lines of ‘uh women are sexualised and fake now posting pics in g-string bikinis’ - but she does basically the same ! She also mentions this in a cringey rap video she made. It’s pretty clear she has had a boob job (no judgement here if you’re insecure and want to get your boobs done go for it) and she constantly posts pictures of her in bikinis and shots of her cleavage and even pics of her in her underwear but of course she is an ‘intellectual’ so it’s fine for her to do it and to encourage men to follow her but not ok for other girls! Also agree with the comments made about how Italian women can’t or don’t cook anymore and it’s such a shame (not like her) -well Kylie, we now live in a World where women can have an education and a career and maybe some girls pride themselves on their careers which is awesome and may not be interested being chained to the cooker all day - each to their own, stop criticising other women and their decisions in a way to make yourself high and mighty ! Also annoyed me how she goes onnn and onnnn about how hard it is to make videos and she works such long hours as if she’s some sort of front line worker ( she is surrounded by old people on the farm that do back breaking work all day maybe she should take a min to reflect😅). If she’s up late at night editing she has to tell everyone about it, hun it’s your choice to make these videos it’s not your duty. Ooops long post but been wanting to say this for ages but knew my comment would get deleted - I think it’s fair to pick up her up on it if you have lots of followers that give you money

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Omg I had forgotten all about "When Patrick Met Kylie." And I agree he looks a lot like Guido. But now that you mention, yes, she and P did hook up online. She also met some American guy online (there's a video somewhere, she was still in Rome and they met up in Firenze. The video IIRC, was full of soundbites of him praising her and flirting, and him saying he hoped she would stop him from leaving or something. God she really is so full of herself! Lol) and....she met Guido online, too.

I wonder does she really not socialize unless it is with a man who sends her a saucy message online?

I liked her better when she did Q&A's with her gay friend, Brian. But there again, still another guy. And in those videos she only ever interviewed men on the streets. Hmmmmmm.

Her Italian is very good but at the same time I hate when she speaks it. She puts on an entirely different personality and uses this shouty voice. And all of the "ah SÌ??? Ah SÌ?? drive me mad. Either do the videos all in Italian or Eng and put subs like everyone else, or quit wasting time drawing the video out saying the same sentence twice.

Reactions: 5
Out of curiosity, I was trying to seek out this beautiful Tuscan villa/farm with chapel and cypresses. How cliché Toscano. It is the stuff of paintings of the Tuscan countryside and 100% agree the film quality is fabulous.

Like others posting here, YouTube suggested her videos based on recent Italy videos I’ve watched. My husband (who is first generation US-born Toscano) listened to her speak Italian and was impressed. It was the first chicken coop episode. He couldn’t finish watching her. When she said, "I’m an introvert,"he spit!

So, here I am following a link looking for which locale, two hours south of Florence. You have all said what my husband and I have been thinking. This latest episode of making cannoli, using the waste plastic wrapping for a pastry bag and her boobs popping out rolling dough...looking at the camera. Footage of her used in her last video. And all I could think is what is this really about?

Mentioning her accent and affectations and deleting comments got me thinking, the supposed Facebook account which has been hacked, isn’t hacked imo. It is. But there are a lot of Kylie Flavells down under. Look her up on FB. A page called Patrick and Kylie look like she’s filming at the farmhouse!? Patrick isn’t Guido but bears a strong resemblance and Patrick owns Hello Fresh? Haven’t checked out this link yet...

none of her timeline makes sense... she left home at 17 but was a "highly paid editor" at some point in australia?

Omg I had forgotten all about "When Patrick Met Kylie." And I agree he looks a lot like Guido. But now that you mention, yes, she and P did hook up online. She also met some American guy online (there's a video somewhere, she was still in Rome and they met up in Firenze. The video IIRC, was full of soundbites of him praising her and flirting, and him saying he hoped she would stop him from leaving or something. God she really is so full of herself! Lol) and....she met Guido online, too.

I wonder does she really not socialize unless it is with a man who sends her a saucy message online?

I liked her better when she did Q&A's with her gay friend, Brian. But there again, still another guy. And in those videos she only ever interviewed men on the streets. Hmmmmmm.

Her Italian is very good but at the same time I hate when she speaks it. She puts on an entirely different personality and uses this shouty voice. And all of the "ah SÌ??? Ah SÌ?? drive me mad. Either do the videos all in Italian or Eng and put subs like everyone else, or quit wasting time drawing the video out saying the same sentence twice.
how do you know how she met guido?
I always get the impression that she speaks in italian just to brag about how well she speaks it tbh, the "ah si??" thing drives me mad too!
someone else here mentioned Nicki positano, everything about her channel is just so much more natural than kylie's, also when did she say she tried to contact kylie?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
none of her timeline makes sense... she left home at 17 but was a "highly paid editor" at some point in australia?

how do you know how she met guido?
I always get the impression that she speaks in italian just to brag about how well she speaks it tbh, the "ah si??" thing drives me mad too!
someone else here mentioned Nicki positano, everything about her channel is just so much more natural than kylie's, also when did she say she tried to contact kylie?
In her comments section on one of the Rennovation videos someone asked, a few replied "online" , and asked Kylie if she would make a video about it and she said she would/it's upcoming. Maybe she mentioned it in her Stories or in her handwritten letters to her patrons. Lol.

Great point about her timeline. When I first found her I read she "left her career" as some highly paid job in publishing or something, yeah! I always rolled my eyes at that bc it isn't a 'career' if it's a vanity job a few months out if high school. I have no idea how that works at 17, haha.

As a former Patreon I am a bit confused by KF. She seems to work very hard and her filming is very accomplished. I admired her a lot at first. That said I'm losing interest now that it seems to be centering around this endless renovation work, her followers speculating about whether she and G will marry and whether she is pregnant etc. I'm not at a phase in my life where this interests me and it has all become rather tedious. I'm not remotely convinced by her claims that she's an introvert, having seen her other films from some years ago, she appears very outgoing and social. Clearly, she is from a privileged background, and Guido very much so, though you can't blame them for that. But I'm suddenly finding it all rather self-indulgent. Maybe it's because of COVID and she can't get out to make interesting content? That said, I am amazed that as a filmmaker she rates "Under the Tuscan Sun" that some of her followers mention weekly. Maybe she is being polite but there have been so many better films made in and about Tuscany. Isn't she also a little bit young to retire to a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere, doing DIY, cooking and becoming a wife in a very old-fashioned and traditional sense. Won't she become bored? It's sure boring me already.

Reactions: 9
In her comments section on one of the Rennovation videos someone asked, a few replied "online" , and asked Kylie if she would make a video about it and she said she would/it's upcoming. Maybe she mentioned it in her Stories or in her handwritten letters to her patrons. Lol.

Great point about her timeline. When I first found her I read she "left her career" as some highly paid job in publishing or something, yeah! I always rolled my eyes at that bc it isn't a 'career' if it's a vanity job a few months out if high school. I have no idea how that works at 17, haha.
ah okay. this is why I think the announcement will be a marriage tbh, she keeps hinting about talking about how they met in detail, she will have a long video about how they met etc etc and then the romantic proposal

yeah exactly! I would be amazed if someone walked into a highly paid job like that without even a degree, and then at one point she has spoken about the fact that (before moving to italy) to save she was working as a waitress or something

I have followed her from 2017 as I really liked her beautiful film making and I am moving to Italy next year so have been learning Italian, but I have slowly become more and more disgruntled with her over the years. From what I gather from her previous posts she went to Japan before uni then went to uni in Australia and lived in Florence/Barcelona for a year and then worked in editing for 6 years before she moved to Italy. I’m guessing she must have been about 27 before she moved to Italy in 2009. That’s what makes me think it’s marriage or a baby as she must be in her late thirties by now, although she has only been with Guido for just over a year so it seems.

Incredibile, I know, but she's actually just 30 this year!
Really ?! She must have lied about being in publishing for 6 years and uni and things. Mind you, not that surprised she has been a bit unclear on a few things like constantly talking about not having any money but lives rent free and is in a different Rouje dress every episode, and even when she keeps saying she has never drank alcohol but I remember her mentioning drinking alcohol in her writing when I was reading some of her work ages ago and thought it was weird:

and she is pictured with a glass of champagne in when Patrick met Kylie. Good for her if she has decided to be sober, but why lie and said she has never drank it, and be judgy of others who do drink it ? I'm probably being overly critical here and I get that when you put your life into public domain then you are open to criticism but it's all a bit strange...

Reactions: 3
Really ?! She must have lied about being in publishing for 6 years and uni and things. Mind you, not that surprised she has been a bit unclear on a few things like constantly talking about not having any money but lives rent free and is in a different Rouje dress every episode, and even when she keeps saying she has never drank alcohol but I remember her mentioning drinking alcohol in her writing when I was reading some of her work ages ago and thought it was weird:

and she is pictured with a glass of champagne in when Patrick met Kylie. Good for her if she has decided to be sober, but why lie and said she has never drank it, and be judgy of others who do drink it ? I'm probably being overly critical here and I get that when you put your life into public domain then you are open to criticism but it's all a bit strange...
and how, when talking about how she saved to move to italy/affords to live there, she emphasised that she didn't drink alcohol so saved a lot on that- as if that is such a huge saving it means you can live without a real job :rolleyes: I am really intrigued how much she earns, imagine living without paying rent and getting god knows how much from patreon

^^It is strange! I doubt she went to Uni. I found when she was a judge for that pasta competition in Parma. It was in 2013, she was credited as "Kylie Flavell, Australian food journalist, resident in Italy the past 5 years."

If anyone cares, it's a pdf of the local Parma newspaper. I searched "campionato della pasta parma giudici kylie flavell."

No idea why she has been sketchy about alcohol, but maybe it fits her new 'clean' image/lifestyle? I know she mentioned she eats clean and does not add sugar to her espresso (once again, it rang of weird superiority).

ETA: Her finances are definitely vague. She has gone from living in gorgeous flats in Positano and Rome, to talking about how she was reduced to eating simple pasta every day bc she could barely afford her rent. She did say it was her choice to live in these places, but her family has a second home in Provence, and perhaps a third in Majorca (didn't she say she was going to visit them there ar Christmas, but with covid they canceled last minute and she was sad?) Does she realise there are actual people who can't afford minimal rent and bills? And now she is between homes for free with Guido. Lol

Last edited:
^^It is strange! I doubt she went to Uni. I found when she was a judge for that pasta competition in Parma. It was in 2013, she was credited as "Kylie Flavell, Australian food journalist, resident in Italy the past 5 years."

If anyone cares, it's a pdf of the local Parma newspaper. I searched "campionato della pasta parma giudici kylie flavell."

No idea why she has been sketchy about alcohol, but maybe it fits her new 'clean' image/lifestyle? I know she mentioned she eats clean and does not add sugar to her espresso (once again, it rang of weird superiority).
I thought she must have gone to uni as that would be why she went to barcelona? or she just paid to do a language course there I guess.
how the hell did she end up being a pasta judge?! so many of the things she has started to do and stopped are so random, like that dressmaking thing she has posted so much about meetings with fashion people and then nothing came to anything

Yes it is this air of superiority ! like how she goes on and on about not needing to have a tv and how her family never had internet (weird since her career is in YouTube ha) or how she has had so many men propose to her, some without even having kissed her (such an eye roll).

She said in her Sicily episode she studied film in uni, but who knows ...

• Haha
Yes it is this air of superiority ! like how she goes on and on about not needing to have a tv and how her family never had internet (weird since her career is in YouTube ha) or how she has had so many men propose to her, some without even having kissed her (such an eye roll).

She said in her Sicily episode she studied film in uni, but who knows ...
when she says about men proposing to her this just reminds me of the kind of thing that often happens on drunken nights out, hardly like a serious thing. She just brags about everything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.