Kylie Flavell #4 Purloining the Patreon Purse

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so I finally watched the video, dont knowwhy I
@VeeJayBee Yes, I thought highlighting it was a "female" greengrocer was odd as well.
came here to comment exactly that, also the way she phrased getting free herbs the first time somehow implied that she was special and got them free, I always got free aromi from greengrocers, male or female, when I lived in Rome.
Also it irrationally annoyed me that she kept talking about ail oli, that was just mayonaise, if it doesn't have garlic how can it be ail oli?! her constantly going on about the "comforting" carbs was quite weird, definitely sounds like she has a bit of an issue with food imo, definitely doesn't eat a lot of the less healthy food she has shown before.
Agree with what everyone has said, she looks like she has ages about 10 years since the last video, I watched until the end but wish i hadn't, her talking to him was vomit inducing

Reactions: 9
Haha, exactly! And have you seen the replies to Fede?
Also, Dawn is the perfect example of archaic!🤢
What can you say to those comments @Denise0211 😬”Have you watched her clean toilets? Amazing!“ from Nina; “How she manages to make cleaning sexy is amazing” from De Gunver and Federico again: “She can make a cinematic masterpiece out of any mundane household chore!” Surely KyLie has written these herself, especially the multiple ’amazings’🧐

OMG ... FedericoIT needs to get a life!

@Antonio my first attempt to quit Paris was highly stressful. I had not clocked that the COVID rules for re-entry to Qatar had subtly changed during the course of the weeks I had been away. Instead of having a PCR 72 hours prior to departure, it had to be valid 72 hours prior to landing in Doha. So check-in was refused. I walked miles in Charles De Gaulle to get a further PCR where I, and a crowd of other people were being treated abominably. It was supposed to yield fast results and several people waiting for their "fast" result had been waiting for days in some cases at the airport and were super-stressed. I got another result but it was rejected by Qatar Airways as it was in French. At which point, I cut my losses and headed back to Paris for a few days to calm down. I have a few go-to hotels in the City where I am known so I got accommodation before I headed back to the City of Lights from Charles de Gaulle. Anyway, I was able to purchase a further pair of shoes, eat once more at a favourite Italian cafe in the rue de Verneuil and check out further fish can designs! Every cloud.

postscript - My cleaning lady is coming this afternoon. I'm cr@p at it and no YouTuber however 'cinematic' will change my lack of competence in this area. Horses for courses!
@PlinyinTorquay so sorry to hear you had to suffer that ordeal! It sounds appalling. Happy to hear you went straight back to Paris and had a good place to stay organised. You made the right choice not staying on at Charles de Gaulle and waiting. This is what international travel is like now, you never quite know what is going to happen and what new rules you will run up against. But glad you got another pair of shoes and the pilchards a new fish can design😊

Who was treating passengers abominably, the staff at the airport?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
What can you say to those comments @Denise0211 😬”Have you watched her clean toilets? Amazing!“ from Nina; “How she manages to make cleaning sexy is amazing” from De Gunver and Federico again: “She can make a cinematic masterpiece out of any mundane household chore!” Surely KyLie has written these herself, especially the multiple ’amazings’🧐

@PlinyinTorquay so sorry to hear you had to suffer that ordeal! It sounds appalling. Happy to hear you went straight back to Paris and had a good place to stay organised. You made the right choice not staying on at Charles de Gaulle and waiting. This is what international travel is like now, you never quite know what is going to happen and what new rules you will run up against. But glad you got another pair of shoes and the pilchards a new fish can design😊

Who was treating passengers abominably, the staff at the airport?
@Antonio the staff at the airport were mixed, they certainly kept the passengers hanging on for a long time before they showed up. As things stand, Qatar Airways is insisting that passengers check in 4 hours before departure time and the guys manning the check in desks didn't appear for ages. Which is a little annoying when you arrive there at 04:00 am. The main problem was the PCR test at the pharmacy. The queue was endless. People were being treated like cattle. The staff administering the paperwork were unbelievably rude and unhelpful. The stress generated was palpable. It was just horrid. When I realised the paper they had given me was no good, I decided not to return to the place and just go back to Paris. I wasn't going to give them a second opportunity to insult and stress me out with their rude, unhelpful and abusive manner. Okay ... it comes at a premium ... but there's a place in Montmartre (where I was staying in an apartment) where the tests are administered and you get the results in less than an hour. 40 minutes the first time and 20 the second time in my case, with the results in 5 languages including English and Arabic. The other thing that really upset me was that Qatar Airways T&C's meant I lost 40,000 Air Miles that I used to upgrade into the business cabin. That hurt a lot. I was offered a revenue upgrade for yesterday's flight which I took. During the flight, I watched Olivia Coleman and Anthony Hopkins in The Father. Superb acting by Hopkins it was very moving.

Did you make it to Paris for the fashion event @Antonio?

I skipped through Kylie's film. I fast forwarded it a lot because it isn't the most exciting thing in the world to watch. The chicken supper looked quite yummy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I didn’t even bother to watch this time, just did a little fast forwarding and read the comments here. Her content has become very boring to me. Nothing new, just the same view of the Tuscan landscape (which is undoubtedly beautiful, but I don’t need to see it 1000 times). Also, why does Guido have to appear in every video now? This is supposed to be a channel about life in Italy and not about her personal life, right? Well, except it isn’t. To me she is no different than any other vlogger now, which is a shame, because there was potential for something different.

Reactions: 3
I didn’t even bother to watch this time, just did a little fast forwarding and read the comments here. Her content has become very boring to me. Nothing new, just the same view of the Tuscan landscape (which is undoubtedly beautiful, but I don’t need to see it 1000 times). Also, why does Guido have to appear in every video now? This is supposed to be a channel about life in Italy and not about her personal life, right? Well, except it isn’t. To me she is no different than any other vlogger now, which is a shame, because there was potential for something different.
I think he is in them now as she wants to portray herself as the perfect 1950s casalinga so he ties in with that, I find it interesting that she seems to be talking to him much more in english than in the past

I think he is in them now as she wants to portray herself as the perfect 1950s casalinga so he ties in with that, I find it interesting that she seems to be talking to him much more in english than in the past
It’s 8 pm Saturday and I haven’t bothered yet to watch. Have to be well prepared and rested to deal with the cringe factor which inevitably will be at play.

This forum is definitely of more interest, as comments here reflect real life. @PlinyinTorquay, I sympathize with your ordeal; convinces me that the car is the mode of travel for now, for me.

I’m not surprised if Guido, aka Mr. Potato, is in more videos. He knows a gravy train when he sees one. As you know, I call him Potato, because I don’t see him as an unwitting partner in KyLIE’s charades. He is an active participant, a co-creator of the false narrative.

Far from a dashing prince and ruler of the manor, I think he’s a potato head who goes along for the ride, having seen the potential for cash. Sorry Mkm/KyLIE defender or the princess, herself; he seems a bit dim-witted.

The posed and videoed proposal and faux wedding did it for me. He’s no dummy; and yet he is !

Maybe this evening I’ll switch over to see what KyLIE and her potato man are doing this time; although, based on the comments, I expect more of the same, but less.

It’s 8 pm Saturday and I haven’t bothered yet to watch. Have to be well prepared and rested to deal with the cringe factor which inevitably will be at play.

This forum is definitely of more interest, as comments here reflect real life. @PlinyinTorquay, I sympathize with your ordeal; convinces me that the car is the mode of travel for now, for me.

I’m not surprised if Guido, aka Mr. Potato, is in more videos. He knows a gravy train when he sees one. As you know, I call him Potato, because I don’t see him as an unwitting partner in KyLIE’s charades. He is an active participant, a co-creator of the false narrative.

Far from a dashing prince and ruler of the manor, I think he’s a potato head who goes along for the ride, having seen the potential for cash. Sorry Mkm/KyLIE defender or the princess, herself; he seems a bit dim-witted.

The posed and videoed proposal and faux wedding did it for me. He’s no dummy; and yet he is !

Maybe this evening I’ll switch over to see what KyLIE and her potato man are doing this time; although, based on the comments, I expect more of the same, but less.
honestly I wouldn't waste your time, really boring and not even (for anyone who can basically cook) any interesting cooking tips imo

What's with the gravy you two @Jerry and @Plinlyn Torquay ?? The only gravy I know is the gravy train & Kylie is certainly on it with Guido. Glad I wasn't the only one to cringe at the ending, staged with the mics on & camera running - omg it was beyond awful & so similar to the stagey kissing and dancing in the Eolian islands vlog. @ Emm glad you mentioned the aioli because it seemed to me that she didn't put the garlic in but there was NO way I was going to watch it again to check - so it was just the old mayo then.
Poor you Plinyin Torquay - Covid has made monkeys of us all with guidelines changing daily & travellers suddenly having no basic rights (was going to say to a fair trial 🙄) just victims of sadistic money- making testing. Good decision to go back to Paris because you could, but tough on people with deadlines & no resources. Is it too much to ask that govs. airlines & burocrats have a G Mondial to thrash out communal rulings for travelling instead of mountains of forms specific to each country even in the EU.

• Heart
@Spirit of place Yeah Kylie said something like she left her garlic press at the farmhouse so....no garlic for the aioli! 🙄 Not sure why she didn't just call it mayonnaise for the rest of it, then.

Reactions: 4
What's with the gravy you two @Jerry and @Plinlyn Torquay ?? The only gravy I know is the gravy train & Kylie is certainly on it with Guido. Glad I wasn't the only one to cringe at the ending, staged with the mics on & camera running - omg it was beyond awful & so similar to the stagey kissing and dancing in the Eolian islands vlog. @ Emm glad you mentioned the aioli because it seemed to me that she didn't put the garlic in but there was NO way I was going to watch it again to check - so it was just the old mayo then.
Poor you Plinyin Torquay - Covid has made monkeys of us all with guidelines changing daily & travellers suddenly having no basic rights (was going to say to a fair trial 🙄) just victims of sadistic money- making testing. Good decision to go back to Paris because you could, but tough on people with deadlines & no resources. Is it too much to ask that govs. airlines & burocrats have a G Mondial to thrash out communal rulings for travelling instead of mountains of forms specific to each country even in the EU.
I completely agree @Spirit of place and, while I resented it, yes I was lucky that I could afford it. In the end I just thought it wasn't worth the stress and rather than go back to those ghastly to$$ers at the testing place at Charles de Gaulle I'd go back to Paris for a few nights and calm down.

@Antonio the staff at the airport were mixed, they certainly kept the passengers hanging on for a long time before they showed up. As things stand, Qatar Airways is insisting that passengers check in 4 hours before departure time and the guys manning the check in desks didn't appear for ages. Which is a little annoying when you arrive there at 04:00 am. The main problem was the PCR test at the pharmacy. The queue was endless. People were being treated like cattle. The staff administering the paperwork were unbelievably rude and unhelpful. The stress generated was palpable. It was just horrid. When I realised the paper they had given me was no good, I decided not to return to the place and just go back to Paris. I wasn't going to give them a second opportunity to insult and stress me out with their rude, unhelpful and abusive manner. Okay ... it comes at a premium ... but there's a place in Montmartre (where I was staying in an apartment) where the tests are administered and you get the results in less than an hour. 40 minutes the first time and 20 the second time in my case, with the results in 5 languages including English and Arabic. The other thing that really upset me was that Qatar Airways T&C's meant I lost 40,000 Air Miles that I used to upgrade into the business cabin. That hurt a lot. I was offered a revenue upgrade for yesterday's flight which I took. During the flight, I watched Olivia Coleman and Anthony Hopkins in The Father. Superb acting by Hopkins it was very moving.

Did you make it to Paris for the fashion event @Antonio?

I skipped through Kylie's film. I fast forwarded it a lot because it isn't the most exciting thing in the world to watch. The chicken supper looked quite yummy.
Thanks for explaining in detail @PlinyinTorquay it‘s good to know that one is not alone experiencing this travelling at the moment. It sounds horrendous both the rudeness and losing the air miles. Have you written an email/letter of complaint about the treatment? I would write directly to the CEO of Qatar Airways, His Excellency, Akbar Al Baker in Doha.

Colleagues in Paris have said they have been happy about the tests in local pharmacies. You definitely did the best thing getting out of that airport situation. In the end, the logistics of bringing the Italian team over to Paris was too difficult and we did everything remotely.

If we had been in Paris at the same time it would have been a great pleasure to meet up for a pilchard or two in the Marais or a caramel eclair at Café de Flore😊 Who would have thought we would have found other kindred spirits in what has turned out to be a very amusing group who don’t like dross being propounded about the Bel Paese?!

• Haha
@Antonio. I'm sorry you didn't make it to Paris, but maybe it was a mixed blessing. Certainly, when it comes to bureaucracy, the French can be very awkward at times. Perhaps the English can be too but as I am used to 'our ways' I don't notice it. Marilisa, my Italian friend, who I studied with at University in the UK, and who now lives in the UK and works as a Civil Servant (the perfect outlet for her doctorate on Italian Fascist art 🤣), assures me that for foreigners the English are just as bureaucratic. I was so lucky I could afford to calm down, but it came at a price. My heart goes out to families with children &c who would have just had to hang around and put up with the abuse because that extra money would have blown their budget. Based on this experience, while the pandemic is ongoing, I would recommend that people travel with an emergency/contingency fund of at least EU.500, just in case.

I did wonder if you were in Paris, especially when I visited Rodin's house and garden with the Dior Marquee set up in the grounds. It is amazing how we can connect in the world isn't it. I will tell you a funny story, that I have told @nostoneunteruned. Forgive me everyone as I go off topic again!

A few years back, I was in Venice, and was looking in the window of the boutique of an artisan glass jewellry maker whose work was very nice. There was a black and white photograph of an elegant woman wearing a pair of black brocade gondolier slippers ... embellished with coral beads and seed pearls. As a shoe-lover I was drawn to these and found that I could buy a pair of the gondoliers' slippers in a boutique by the Rialto and the lady in the glass bead atelier would customise them with her beads. So I asked her to copy the slippers she had made for the lady in the photograph. Fast forward a few years, and I made a late application to speak at the Rhinoceros Symposium at the Palazzo Contarini in Venice which had been initiated by an Academic based in Melbourne. When I googled the lady and saw her photograph on line I had the sense that I met her before. Suddenly it occurred to me that she looked like the lady in the photograph with the brocade slippers I shamelessly copied! In our emails, I asked if she had been to a boutique in Venice and had some gondoliers' slippers customised. It was her! I spoke at the conference on Clara in Qatar and a year later we met up for dinner in Venice ... and she introduced me to the (dubious) delights of Amaro in a little bar near the Rialto Bridge. So, you see, Antonio, maybe a chance meeting in Paris and a chocolate eclair isn't beyond the realms of possibility! 😊

@VeeJayBee ... Oh my giddy aunt .... that is so funny!!! BM is completely right of course. If Kylie is reading this, she might think I have abandoned my Classical roots and I am B M in disguise. What a hoot. But if you're on a budget nothing can beat a tin of sardines on a nice slice of toasted sourdough with a little salad of spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes! 🤣💕🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
@Antonio. I'm sorry you didn't make it to Paris, but maybe it was a mixed blessing. Certainly, when it comes to bureaucracy, the French can be very awkward at times. Perhaps the English can be too but as I am used to 'our ways' I don't notice it. Marilisa, my Italian friend, who I studied with at University in the UK, and who now lives in the UK and works as a Civil Servant (the perfect outlet for her doctorate on Italian Fascist art 🤣), assures me that for foreigners the English are just as bureaucratic. I was so lucky I could afford to calm down, but it came at a price. My heart goes out to families with children &c who would have just had to hang around and put up with the abuse because that extra money would have blown their budget. Based on this experience, while the pandemic is ongoing, I would recommend that people travel with an emergency/contingency fund of at least EU.500, just in case.

I did wonder if you were in Paris, especially when I visited Rodin's house and garden with the Dior Marquee set up in the grounds. It is amazing how we can connect in the world isn't it. I will tell you a funny story, that I have told @nostoneunteruned. Forgive me everyone as I go off topic again!

A few years back, I was in Venice, and was looking in the window of the boutique of an artisan glass jewellry maker whose work was very nice. There was a black and white photograph of an elegant woman wearing a pair of black brocade gondolier slippers ... embellished with coral beads and seed pearls. As a shoe-lover I was drawn to these and found that I could buy a pair of the gondoliers' slippers in a boutique by the Rialto and the lady in the glass bead atelier would customise them with her beads. So I asked her to copy the slippers she had made for the lady in the photograph. Fast forward a few years, and I made a late application to speak at the Rhinoceros Symposium at the Palazzo Contarini in Venice which had been initiated by an Academic based in Melbourne. When I googled the lady and saw her photograph on line I had the sense that I met her before. Suddenly it occurred to me that she looked like the lady in the photograph with the brocade slippers I shamelessly copied! In our emails, I asked if she had been to a boutique in Venice and had some gondoliers' slippers customised. It was her! I spoke at the conference on Clara in Qatar and a year later we met up for dinner in Venice ... and she introduced me to the (dubious) delights of Amaro in a little bar near the Rialto Bridge. So, you see, Antonio, maybe a chance meeting in Paris and a chocolate eclair isn't beyond the realms of possibility! 😊

@VeeJayBee ... Oh my giddy aunt .... that is so funny!!! BM is completely right of course. If Kylie is reading this, she might think I have abandoned my Classical roots and I am B M in disguise. What a hoot. But if you're on a budget nothing can beat a tin of sardines on a nice slice of toasted sourdough with a little salad of spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes! 🤣💕🤣

@PlinyinTorquay to add briefly to your story, the same Melbourne academic has written a history of the founders of The Abbotsford Convent in Melbourne, the sisters of the Good Shepherd. Not a pretty story of happy times by any means, however now the convent, a stunning property, is a multi arts precinct and where you will find me working away a couple of days a week! I know I am very new to this group but this made me feel a little bit connected 😊

• Heart
@PlinyinTorquay to add briefly to your story, the same Melbourne academic has written a history of the founders of The Abbotsford Convent in Melbourne, the sisters of the Good Shepherd. Not a pretty story of happy times by any means, however now the convent, a stunning property, is a multi arts precinct and where you will find me working away a couple of days a week! I know I am very new to this group but this made me feel a little bit connected 😊
Wow, Rina, that is amazing! It is indeed a small world. 💕

• Heart