Krusties #4 Invasion of the killer Scrunchies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've started a huge declutter & wish I hadn't bothered 🀦 I need a skip & I can't afford 1......so that'll be more crap in the shed for now πŸ™„
No outside lights today because we'd drown putting them out.
We have a dripping ceiling 😭 Other half currently trying to find out the problem. I'm crossing everything that it's nothing expensive 🀞😭

@Facehugger it was Dec 2010 when we had the freak snow fall. Walked to the supermarket with a sledge to pull the shopping home πŸ˜‚ couldn't get to work for over a week. We were eventually dug out by builders with diggers! Couldn't get out my back door. Eldest son built a snow slope from the lounge window into the back garden & was actually sledging out the window. Had to climb out the kitchen window to get out for 2 days as the snow was nearly to the top of the front door. Strange times indeed πŸŒ¨β„β›„πŸ‚
Oh no, I hope your drip turns out to be just a little thing, it's a nightmare! I always say any disaster is fine except bloody water! I manage the property I live in so thankfully it's not me paying for the skip, did not realize how spendy they are until I saw the invoice! Depending on where you are some charity's do pick up at home for items you want to donate ☺

Weather is the same here today, I feel like we are currently at sea in a storm with the amount of howling, wind and rain. I lived in Canada during the big 2010 storm and I remember it was on the news over there about how bad Britain was! Madness!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've sat around all day today. :cool:

Washing machine is knackered (mind you, it was knackered in March, you know, when I bought a new one, the one that's still in it's box waiting to be plumbed in :oops::rolleyes: the same one I have to squeeze past to get in and out of the front door).

Can't bring it through to the utility cupboard, nope, because.... we're waiting to bring the sideboard to the dining room (it's been there for 4 fluffing weeks ...... :confused::oops::rolleyes: )

Then we'd have to move the 7 new doors, which are waiting to be put on to each room..... they've been there um, yep since January :rolleyes::sneaky:

Everyone is toooooooo busy helping their friends fix their cars, paint their houses, do their shopping, to help here, it's been going on a while.

Still have a large brand new box, containing my new toilet .... that's sat where my xmas tree was going to be put up (2 years ago)

So I stuck some tinsel round the bog box, ta-da :ROFLMAO::LOL:🚽 and told them all, up yours, I'm on strike, happy xmas, enjoy, not my problem, :cool:;)

Yeah that's the short version of it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I've started a huge declutter & wish I hadn't bothered 🀦 I need a skip & I can't afford 1......so that'll be more crap in the shed for now πŸ™„
No outside lights today because we'd drown putting them out.
We have a dripping ceiling 😭 Other half currently trying to find out the problem. I'm crossing everything that it's nothing expensive 🀞😭

@Facehugger it was Dec 2010 when we had the freak snow fall. Walked to the supermarket with a sledge to pull the shopping home πŸ˜‚ couldn't get to work for over a week. We were eventually dug out by builders with diggers! Couldn't get out my back door. Eldest son built a snow slope from the lounge window into the back garden & was actually sledging out the window. Had to climb out the kitchen window to get out for 2 days as the snow was nearly to the top of the front door. Strange times indeed πŸŒ¨β„β›„πŸ‚
Oh god, bless you ❀ I know it was bad that year, I'd never seen anything like it even as a kid. I had to keep my car dug out as I still had to see to Mother, that was bloody dicey as duck bit hey ho. By the finish it was right to the top of my washing line in the garden where it had drifted in the corner, it was indeed very strange times β›„πŸŽ„β˜ƒ x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ok, I've finished for now. To get you all in the Christmas spirit I am turning on 'the krunchie Christmas lightsπŸŽ„

20211204_185914.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone😘

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Ok, I've finished for now. To get you all in the Christmas spirit I am turning on 'the krunchie Christmas lightsπŸŽ„

View attachment 905446

Merry Christmas everyone😘
Awww, that's bloody beautiful Mrs E, thank you for sharing ❀ I'm doing my little one tomorrow. In time honoured tradition in my house, started by the bloody boy when he was about 12, Santa doesn't climb up the chimney, he climbs head first up the fairy's skirt. Makes him laugh every year πŸ€£πŸŽ„β›„ happy Christmas melove 😘 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I do need a new star, it broke and didn't light up. Or I may just chuck on my fairy costume and climb up🀣

Oh I do have decorations that are 22 years old from my first tree on it! Ones I've bought the children etc, so it does look a bit ott but there are alot of special decorations too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I do need a new star, it broke and didn't light up. Or I may just chuck on my fairy costume and climb up🀣

Oh I do have decorations that are 22 years old from my first tree on it! Ones I've bought the children etc, so it does look a bit out but there are alot of special decorations too.
Oh Eck, don't wear your leather shorts when you do it otherwise somebody will be wanting a picture! 🀭🀣🀣😘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh Eck, don't wear your leather shorts when you do it otherwise somebody will be wanting a picture! 🀭🀣🀣😘
Oooh, foxy fairyπŸ˜‚ captains ears have just twitched🀣
I've got my elf hat on. Its knitted with pointy ears...but I have little elf ears anyway apparentlyπŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Oooh, foxy fairyπŸ˜‚ captains ears have just twitched🀣
I've got my elf hat on. Its knitted with pointy ears...but I have little elf ears anyway apparentlyπŸ˜‚
Well I think we need a pic of that now 🀣🀣😘 do you know, I never feel 'christmassy' this early but for some reason this year, I do? 🀭 Must be you lot infecting me with the Christmas spirit early is all I can say ❀

• Heart
Well I think we need a pic of that now 🀣🀣😘 do you know, I never feel 'christmassy' this early but for some reason this year, I do? 🀭 Must be you lot infecting me with the Christmas spirit early is all I can say ❀
I might just put a pic up to make you laugh because you make me laugh tooπŸ˜‚
When you see it, think of the film ELF.
'The best way to spread Christmas cheer is share it all out ...
oh bollocks I forgot the rest🀣

I am a cotton headed ninny muggings 🀣

• Heart
  • Haha
I might just put a pic up to make you laugh because you make me laugh tooπŸ˜‚
When you see it, think of the film ELF.
'The best way to spread Christmas cheer is share it all out ...
oh bollocks I forgot the rest🀣

I am a cotton headed ninny muggings 🀣
Aw, love you too Mrs Ems ❀ at least I cheer somebody up 🀣🀣

@Dollylovesshoes I had a brainwave earlier, going back to the Virgin bollocks. Every year this time of year they used to change all the signals, which buggered up all those just paying for a basic telly package but watching the lot on a 'ghost' box. You'd have to see a 'mate in the know' to get your card rejigged. I wonder if that's what they did but fucked the lot up for everyone 🀣

• Heart
  • Wow
@265 : so glad your worries of the outcome of your tests is over. Everything will be fine!
I only found this thread yesterday and have caught up.
Like most, I have been through the mill over the last 2 months and have not been around much, but I’m trying to get back to normality whatever that may be!
I developed a very bad chest infection in October and was out of action for a week. Back to work, then started having dizzy spells. Now on BP medication.
Best friend of 35 years died suddenly 2 November and I’m still processing it daily. Had my first birthday without him 13 days later. His Celebration of Life was 22/11 but I couldn’t bring myself to go, but watched it virtually and was in bits!
Still struggling with effects of Covid and 17/12 will be a year! This just sucks. I now have all my jabs and booster.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think I’m the only Krunchie here who hasn’t had any snow this year 🀣 the last time we had snow at Christmas was in 2010 🀣🀣
We rarely get it in Jersey Jakey; thank goodness as I'm terrified of the stuff and refuse to go out. The 3rd time I broke my arm was due to falling in the snow after an op on my leg- it shattered and had to be plated and pinned! I must add that it broke again 6 months later where it wasn't plated! I'm very accident prone πŸ˜¬πŸ€•πŸ₯°

• Heart
  • Wow
We rarely get it in Jersey Jakey; thank goodness as I'm terrified of the stuff and refuse to go out. The 3rd time I broke my arm was due to falling in the snow after an op on my leg- it shattered and had to be plated and pinned! I must add that it broke again 6 months later where it wasn't plated! I'm very accident prone πŸ˜¬πŸ€•πŸ₯°
Poor you! Snow breaks are especially awful as compact snow is like concrete
(people think it's all fluffy and slushy and whimsical, it's like bricks πŸ˜‚) as a fellow clumsy person I feel your pain!

My lovely little guest group leader just rang my doorbell to ask for a hoover, bless her heart. Then she asked if the kids could steal the hundreds of apples that have fallen into my garden from my apple trees and I said of course! πŸ’– so that's two of my to do jobs off the list.

Had to take 40mg of my beta blocker this morning as my heart has decided it's dancing a jig but I am sure the coffee didn't help. (I know, I am an idiot)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.