Krusties #30 The Grande Reunion 🥳

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awww, I'm sure they'll be happy in their new home...free to attack! Your dogs will be breathing a sigh of relief🤭 So are you off to pastures new then Rita? Exiting but stressful too!

Here's my Honey pup and bertie today enjoying the sun. Though it's still a bit nippy!
---
Playing hide n' seek👀
View attachment 2883311
Awwwww they are so beautiful ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This chap has a lovely farm with ducks,, chickens, a gaggle of baby geese,, rabbits, pigs & everything - his Mum is an animal fanatic too! The trouble is that his place was empty for a long time and people got used to simply marching straight across his land because of that,, they've tried signs, calling the gendarmes and everything but its still happening, so William and Craptor are going to have this field to patrol and gawd help anybody who decides to enter now! They will be fine - I'd never have let them go if I'd a shred of doubt. Maybe once we have moved I may get more geese - just not male ones!! (Just been sent some photos - they are already marching about like the Geesetapo and they crapped all over his van LOL!)

Yes we've been looking to downsize the house for some time as theres only us two now but obviously with the menagerie we needed the land as well. I've been scouring the websites for 6 monthsor more looking for our Forever Home but either nothing came up or it was snapped up instantly, so very early on Tuesday morning an ad appeared, I pounced on it straight away then drove to the agents office for when they opened because none of the buggers EVER reply to messages anyway, I stormed in and got an appointment to view yesterday morning - the first one! Needless to say that we basically has to decide there and then because it would have sold to somebody else straight away as such places rarely come on the market - but this time it worked for US!! (y) We'll be on the move maybe august time.
Now its not going to be simple removal job because what we have bought is two old & very run-down one room cottages and a knackered old barn, all of which need re-roofing, the houses both need total renovation inside, theres no toilets or bathrooms nor a septic system in place BUT there is electricity and water which is one bonus point! (One light and one plug socket in each house, indeed somebody was actually living in these cottages right up until they died) Yes its going to be a long hard haul but OH does all the trades necessary to sort this lot out propêrly and indeed we have done it once already with our first house - the difference is this time we will be "living-in" as it were so we'll now have to find a caravan/mobile home to see us through until Our Cottage is habitable. Hopefully our son, his OH and the baby may come to join us once we renovate the second cottage otherwise we'll have it as a gîte :)
So there you are. You have seen the telly programmes and now I'm going to do it AGAIN for real!! We must be totally bananas 🤪
Exciting times huh??

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Salut! Been to the mayor's office today to pick up a gigantic pile of forms to complete for the renovation works so we stopped at the house just to check that water was indeed on the premises. We thought it best to check, this being France! OH ifted the tin sheet covering the meter and this coiled up angrily rasping at us! Eeeeek! It was only a baby of maybe a foot long- oh reckons it was an Adder but it looked like the Brown Snake I found in our garage last year but I was not about to go wrangling this cranky critter. No thanks :)

Attachments

• Wow
Salut! Been to the mayor's office today to pick up a gigantic pile of forms to complete for the renovation works so we stopped at the house just to check that water was indeed on the premises. We thought it best to check, this being France! OH ifted the tin sheet covering the meter and this coiled up angrily rasping at us! Eeeeek! It was only a baby of maybe a foot long- oh reckons it was an Adder but it looked like the Brown Snake I found in our garage last year but I was not about to go wrangling this cranky critter. No thanks :)
Oh poisonous,be careful when you remove it..don’t hurt it though.🥴

Reactions: 1
Not the only strange critter we've come across here Dolly. Our first house was also a renovation that had been empty for 15 years or more before we did all the work on it. It was partially finished in that the downstairs was almost complete when we were able to stay in the house as opposed to the caravan, that first night I put my handbag on the floor beside the bed and we both crashed out exhausted after another LONG DAY of toil. Next morning we were going to the brico to buy more paint & stuff, I picked up my bag to put the keys inside only to touch something weird - inside was a big fat TOAD looking at me as if to say "What do you think you're doing eh?" My poor ol' ticker!!!! 🐸

• Haha
Just wasting a bit of time waiting for yet more bloody parcels to be signed for for OH. After that I'm off over the road to our neighbours where she has a gang erecting a prefab building she was given for her cat rescue - OH dug out all the footings and levelled it last week so now we are going to assemble the thing, hopefully!! He's just come back to get his 4x4 to drag the bits into position and said that its chaos because NOBODY has a clue what they're doing so he's in charge of a gaggle of old ladies and volunteers attempting to put this building up!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just wasting a bit of time waiting for yet more bloody parcels to be signed for for OH. After that I'm off over the road to our neighbours where she has a gang erecting a prefab building she was given for her cat rescue - OH dug out all the footings and levelled it last week so now we are going to assemble the thing, hopefully!! He's just come back to get his 4x4 to drag the bits into position and said that its chaos because NOBODY has a clue what they're doing so he's in charge of a gaggle of old ladies and volunteers attempting to put this building up!! :ROFLMAO:
You ought to make a TV series - Le Good Life - I’d defo watch!

And guess what? OH gets a phone call to say they "Tried to deliver but nobody was in......................." - just the usual lies because this is what happens every single time he's allegedly got a saturday delivery due which effectively means they can't be bleeping arsed to drive out here so they say that then dump the junk at a depot shop 12ks away and piss off home every single time. I mean whats the point of paying to have the stuff brought to your home address when they don't bother coming here anyway and sling the things out of the van at a collection point so they can get off work a bit earlier? :mad: Oh yeah and naturally its my fault I missed this delivery of course - even if they never came anyway!!! - so he's had to go to the depot to fetch his poxy package.

The cat chateau is half done though; They got one unit up - OH had had enough by lunchtime, but the unit is fantastic! A very generous donor bought two brand new units for the rescue so all good :)

• Heart
HI buggers hope all is ok.

Rita how’s things going,do you know how Raptor and William are doing?Hope their doing well and nibbled arses.🤣

cant remember,will you get anymore gooseys?Great patrollers they are.🤣

• Heart
They're fine Dolly. They've already seen off a bloke who wanted to cross the field in question- he won't be doing it again I'm told. Lol.
I probably will have more geese but not for a while yet.
Strange thing yesterday evening when the dogs were going loopy out the front. I went out to shout at them to be quiet and one of the neighbours beckoned me over to the fence- "you know my friend here " he said and there was the mayor of the little town where our potential house is! Small world eh?

Reactions: 4
I had an MR today and I the nurse-said you have to lay still! I laid still but my throat started to tickle more and more! You know when you just can’t help yourself 😁
I started coughing and coughing and we had to do it all again. I was so embarrassed 🙈 it is more or less forbidden socially to cough after covid. When I left I forgot to say goodbye 😮
I just ran out😅
Now I never cough otherwise.
Typical!
---
So it was the Mayor from last week at your neighbour Rita? Did you speak to him again 😊

• Heart
It was the mayor we'd seen last week when we visited to collect the papers for the renovation we will have to do, ie we'll need a dormer and roof windows just to start so we'll submit when we sign the sale papers. Here's the boy for you x

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
It was the mayor we'd seen last week when we visited to collect the papers for the renovation we will have to do, ie we'll need a dormer and roof windows just to start so we'll submit when we sign the sale papers. Here's the boy for you x
Dear Barnaby bless him❤

Reactions: 1
What a coincidence! Maybe the mayor fancys you Rita❤
Lovely Donkey 🫏 and I love his name!

• Haha
  • Heart
My dearest darling sister inlaws ashes to be wished tomorrow,I can’t go can’t handle it..she will love that.I can’t go,can’t handle it.but,but it’s St Georges day,knowing her for so many years she’d Love it.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Barnaby is mid-moult so he's a bit tatty; Summertime he is a beautiful silky grey shorthair. Love him to bits xxx

• Heart
Good evening you lovely buggers. Hope all ok? 👽🤗❤😘 Trying my best to keep up, dear me, allsorts going on these days!!!

I wanted to shout @Supercatmummy over here onto the Krusties thread, from the KP one. Hey, now then, so, you have Maine Coons? Oh lovely, I'd love to see a picture & sure our Dolly would too. We get told off for cat chat over there, but it's fine here 😻

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.