Knappily Ever After #2 The Unseasoned Chicken of Disney Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And where was the Tonga Toast? The Poly was wasted on them.
My thoughts exactly.

Sian is NO Disney Pro.

I was sulking earlier in the thread but I too find it silly that they call HS "MGM" and yet have no issue calling Springs, Springs. If you're an old timey Disney Goer, it's hard not to say Downtown Disney (RIP 💔) esp when Studios was rebounded loooong before Springs

Reactions: 2
Actually grinds my nerves he clearly purposely calls it MGM. It hasn’t been called that since 2008.

Reactions: 6
I still call it Downtown Disney, hard habit to break but MGM come on.

I was bored last night (night shift) reading through Sian’s old twitter/blog… I know!! Earlier on, pre kids, they always seemed to mention money. Callum’s car broke and he posted saying when you think you have your finances under control and then your car is kaput. Sian moaning about needing £50 for a study book and inviting friends to their for wine/nibbles as it’s cheaper, pay day countdown, bonus pay, no spend year, selling possessions to raise funds etc… then somewhere after Daisy was born they’ve got this lavish, multiple holidays a year thing going on. I find it mental that less than 2years after their first family trip to Florida, and it only being Sian’s what, 2/3rd time there they spend £27k on DVC. Her thoughts were that their 1 trip cost £4k without flights so 50 years of trips, it’s a no brainier. However emphasised with DVC so long as you’re really flexible with dates it’s perfect you’ll save so much money. Her kids were not even at school then. She has no idea on flexibility and half term price hikes.

Is it odd I’m so intrigued by how they afford 8/9 holidays/breaks a year when the average family manage 1-2?

Reactions: 10
Iit odd I’m so intrigued by how they afford 8/9 holidays/breaks a year when the average family manage 1-2?
Not at all. The amount of money they must have spent on holidays from June last year to March this year is genuinely astounding.

Reactions: 4
I know it might sound bonkers but given that most of them are actors, ask them a question. Ask tinkerbell who would win a race round pixie hollow, ask belle what she is reading, ask cinders if the mice helped make her dress. Rapunzel loves to play mime games. It takes away the focus and they get to flex their acting skills. Ive been asking the same questions for years.
Oh I'm the same! I'm not sure my comment came across correctly.
I meant while queueing I had a wobble about knowing it's someone in a costume but when it was my turn I forgot all about it!
In DLP Dec 2019 I had an Aladdin character brunch and usually Abu is there and I was super excited but unfortunately he wasn't there.....poor Aladdin and Jasmine were probably asked that by every table 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
Thought I’d do some digging on the house move to see just how much they “saved”…
Sian has “liked” Davidsons Homes on Facebook, they have a development near their current house called wellington place. We part exchanged with this builder and we had to buy a house worth 30% more than what they valued ours at in order to part ex. Part ex also meant you couldn’t use Help to buy so they’d have been mortgaging the difference. The house styles are quite recognisable hence her saying about not showing the front and majority have family rooms and a downstairs study. I’d say she was probably buying a Darlington style which is £525k (their house would need to be no more than £400k to part exchange) so she’s “saved” at least 125k, can’t wait to see the loungefly bags she buys with that 😂

• Haha
Thought I’d do some digging on the house move to see just how much they “saved”…
Sian has “liked” Davidsons Homes on Facebook, they have a development near their current house called wellington place. We part exchanged with this builder and we had to buy a house worth 30% more than what they valued ours at in order to part ex. Part ex also meant you couldn’t use Help to buy so they’d have been mortgaging the difference. The house styles are quite recognisable hence her saying about not showing the front and majority have family rooms and a downstairs study. I’d say she was probably buying a Darlington style which is £525k (their house would need to be no more than £400k to part exchange) so she’s “saved” at least 125k, can’t wait to see the loungefly bags she buys with that 😂

I thought her FB was closed. Can you see that? Its Saturday so I have no time to be a nosey sod till 8pm haha.

Is it just me or does Dullum have odd taste in music. Im not sure gonna call a Disney pop ballad a banger.

Hmmmm another receipt - this time thinking £65 for breakfast is a good price. Oh and don't forget the amazing 10% discount for DVC.

Also I think Sian has been tampering with Dullm's insta - 'The best breakfast date' Hmmm debatable!

I just found her blog. The no spend year is just a joke. Apparantly no spend doesn’t mean no spend. You can buy it as long as you wrote down you are buying it.

Saltwater sandals are an essential according to Sian

• Haha
I just found her blog. The no spend year is just a joke. Apparantly no spend doesn’t mean no spend. You can buy it as long as you wrote down you are buying it.

Saltwater sandals are an essential according to Sian
I’ve never actually read that! It’s hilarious. The list of things they were allowed to spend on is absurd. No wonder it wasn't a successful blog.

I’d love to join DVC to stay at some lovely hotels however when we went to the sales meeting, I couldn’t get past the still having to pay flights, and tickets and food and with UK deals (pre covid) there are often such good packages. Maybe if I had a spare £30,000 lying around but until then I’ll carry on with my package deals (too lazy / scared to do it individually).

I’ve gone down the rabbit hole of the “no-spend” year blog. This was them at the beginning of 2018:

“My husband and I share 100% of our money, however our bills amount to quite a lot of money, and his wages tend to be put straight to one side to cover those outgoings, purely because he gets paid first! Any ‘extra’ he earns on top of those outgoings, I will include in the percentage saved. My wages then cover food, fuel, spends and the all important savings. I also tend to work some overtime shifts so the amount saved will fluctuate dependent on how much extra I have worked.”

And now, only four years later they are at a point where they can afford to go on an expensive holiday every month. Make it make sense!

Reactions: 7
A chill day by the pool and photo after photo being uploaded for the gram. Why can't they just take a break and enjoy some family time with their girls in the pool? I feel so sorry for those kids.

Who can remember the time we used to go on holiday to escape, get away and enjoy the moment!! Even with wifi being everywhere, I still try to enjoy my holidays, be in the moment and not really care what is happening elsewhere or about sharing what I am doing to show off

A chill day by the pool and photo after photo being uploaded for the gram. Why can't they just take a break and enjoy some family time with their girls in the pool? I feel so sorry for those kids.
Sian didn’t upload any photos when meeting up with internet strangers without Callum. Shows when she’s really enjoying herself.

Did anyone clock lyla at the play park earlier? Sian reach to touch her face laughing at her and lyla slapped it away. Good on you girl!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.