Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
i hope they haven’t been stupid enough to kill Konstantin off his dynamic with villanelle is one of the best on the show

• Heart
Reactions: 2

hrh89

VIP Member
Gosh I think I need to rewatch the whole thing 🤦‍♀️
She ran over her mums partner 😂 mad. Seems weird where this has all come from with the daughter though, are we supposed to care about her character?? i suppose it’s just a way to add stress to Konstatin but seems pointless if you ask me

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
was Carolyn's daughter the lady in the car who told Konstain to stay in the UK in the car and did Konstain or the daughter bug the magnet ?
I though it was Carolyns daughter in the car too as they had similar side profiles but then she seemed odd with Konstantin (is he hers or Kenny Dad?) so i checked the credits and it was an actress called Sally Guinness

• Wow

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Really think there’s something dodgy about Carolyn’s daughter!
Ya she was the weirdo in Corrie that turned out to be John Stapes daughter 🙈 She plays the oddball parts well. Looking forward to seeing what her part in all this will be.

• Wow

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Big fan of Killing Eve, was initially intrigued to watch as I didn’t think much of Jodie Comer, after seeing her in Dr Foster (hadn’t seen her in anything else).... How wrong was I?! She’s amazing and so so talented.
Season one was definitely better than season two. I didn’t particularly like the ending in Rome, and detouring away from ‘The 12’ storyline. But episode one of season three, suggests we’re back on track, and may finally find out who they are!
It’s all got to come to end somewhere though? I can’t see this being something that continue for years to come? I haven’t heard as yet if season four has been commissioned, or indeed if season three is the last... so we wait!
Season four has already been commissioned. I’ll be giving season three a fair chance before deciding if I agree with that decision or not. So far it could go either way

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Just finished S3. Thought it was very poor, even Villanelle's clothes were a disappointment. Best episode for me was the one where all the stories came together, ending with Niko getting pitchforked. Not a popular one on here but I enjoy fractured time lines. Didn't like the back story one in Russia, but thought the casting of her elder brother was spot on.
He looked a lot like Jodie.

Hate the running jokes, Tangfastics, dung throwing etc. Konstantin's shout-laugh pisses me off. I don't buy into the Eve/Villanelle's relationship, very cringe at times. What happened to Villanelle's wife? And yes it was very contrived that Niko, Dasha and Konstantin all seemed to miraculously recover from their seemingly fatal incidents.

But really, the main thing I took from this series was how much I wanted to reach into the screen and slap Gemma Whelan's simpering character (Carolyn's daughter) round the face with a bag of Tangfastics.

Last edited:

laughing

VIP Member
Season 3 is rubbish.

The problem I think is the lack of interaction between the two main characters. They are what make the programme and what I watch it for.

Luce0331

VIP Member
Ya she was the weirdo in Corrie that turned out to be John Stapes daughter 🙈 She plays the oddball parts well. Looking forward to seeing what her part in all this will be.
No this is Gemma Whelan, Jade in Corrie was played by someone called Lottie Henshall but I can see how you’d get them mixed up lol 😂

KINGAA

VIP Member
My finale prediction: Villanelle will die and Eve will spend the next season sad and trying to figure out the 12 but Villanelle will be alive in hiding.

Horatio

VIP Member
She (Gemma Whelan) was also in Game of Thrones as badass Yara Greyjoy
THANK YOU. I know I could’ve looked it up but I didn't and it was still bothering me every time I saw her.

Just about to start 5. Not feeling too excited. Agree with everyone’s feeling of the show treading water at best now. I’m also just a bit sad at the kicking around a corpse of what was such a brilliant and original show and should have stayed a one series wonder.
Either that or if they had to keep it going they should have brought in new characters and plots. ( current new characters are still just side features to eve and villanelle. They could have expanded more info mi6 or the assassin network)

• Heart

KINGAA

VIP Member
I wouldn’t be so sure for two main reasons. 1. Covid threw productions that were currently filming way off schedule meaning there will be a big backlog so even those due to start later could be delayed.
also s3 wasn’t mean to be broadcast till the summer but they brought it out earlier for the sake of entertainment during lockdown because it was ready. I wish that explained how appalling it was but unfortunately we would have seen the exact same travesty In a virus free context too, just at a different time.
It’s already in pre-production as they usually film September - January, so we can see nearer the time however, for now I believe filming will be delayed until distancing restrictions are lessened due to the nature of the show, this is what the show runners have said during a panel.

The Airdate was also only brought forward in the U.K. - it was just brought forward a few weeks in the US (First two seasons were April in US, July in U.K.) and they made them weekly rather than all at once which was a bad choice, made a crap season crappier

Reactions: 1
Agree with every word here. And I think the failure of the fashion is a good metaphor for what’s gone wrong with the series in general.
Just like s1 was a surprise phenomenon , so too were the clothes. I must have read about five articles just focused on them at the time. You could buy certain pieces, people dressed up as villanelle for various things.
By the second series I already found it too knowing. Those pyjamas she wore at the start sold out of primark in an instant or so I heard. It wasn’t quite so on the nose though.
S3 was so painful because it was trying way too hard to recreate the things that made the first so good - the offbeat humour and cultural references (tangfastics- was never funny but good lord they kept at it ) Same thing with the clothes. She started to look like a fashion week catwalk (but a bad one) rather than a chic stylish woman with a good eye. Some of the outfits screamed ‘shout me out in a vogue style column I demand it !’
but they looked awful on her. Her entire wedding look was dreadful and it didn’t get better. Also why on earth did she need to get married ?! What did that bring ? Oh she’s moving on ...? Except that didn’t last five minutes. I guess it was meant to be funny and show her cold heart(which suddenly became warm for no apparent reason half way through) . Oh dear. What a mess
Agree with all of this. The golfing get up and the weird oversized suits were just so wrong!

Reactions: 1