Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Watched episode 5 last night.
Completely agree with everyone about it being a filler episode. Kind of liked the bits with her mum being presented as a dark force as well, but it didn’t really add much in terms of Villanelle’s character.
Yep and the ‘let’s all sing along to Elton’ scene - just too contrived and felt like a bad Richard Curtis film!
Still really rate Jodie Comer - her acting is top notch - her facial expressions are 👌🏼 The guy they cast as her brother was a good match in that he looked so much like Jodie Comer!
Has anyone else read the books? I have - they’re a different tone to the series - obviously PWBridge set the tone in series 1 of it being a dark comedy. I really like how the second book concludes Eve’s and Villanelle’s culminating story and hope that if they go ahead with a 4th series, they’ll be faithful to the ending of the books and leave it there.
Jodie Comer has made a couple of films - I suspect she’ll still be in demand for a few years.
But yep, so far series 3 has been boring, directionless and with no central narrative or tension! Hope the last 3 episodes improve...
I’ve not read them, what happened to them?

Reactions: 1

KINGAA

VIP Member
I think Suzanne Heathcote has ruined this season... the best episode (ep3) was written by Laura Neal who is taking over from Suzanne as lead next year. I think the issue with having new leads each year is there’s no overal series arc, each season is the new leads ideas - there no commitment there!

I was thinking the exact same thing about the latest episode being filler. Have they ever mentioned Villanelle or Kenny having siblings in previous series?

I really can’t make my mind up about Konstantin! One minute I think he’s good the next not ha I loved that scene with him and Carolyn

RumNCoke

Chatty Member
Have completely lost interest in this season - too slow, nothing happens and nothing is explained. Is Phoebe WB not writing anymore?

lipscrub

Konstantin? His daughter is in a detention centre - basically prison for kids. He can’t take her out as it’s a prison and she’s not mentally stable, she’s basically a mini villanelle
Gosh I think I need to rewatch the whole thing 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

KINGAA

VIP Member
I think the actor is Irish?! I never even thought of that. I can’t stand his character so never really paid attention - him and Eve are toxic together and apart!

• Haha

KINGAA

VIP Member
I hate to say this as I love the show but I’m bored
Episode 2 and I’m playing my phone alongside it rather than the usual everyone leave me alone for the duration.

I’m bored 😩😩😩😩😩
Did you binge the first two?! I’m struggling to get into it as well as they’re over by the time I’m into the episode then have to wait for the next

hrh89

VIP Member
Have any of you seen The Bridge? I first saw Kim Bodnia in that show and have been in love ever since. He’s amazing in it and it’s a fantastic show if you love crime dramas you guys would really love it. The female lead is also amazing.

• Heart
The face she pulled when carol made Konstantin get on his knees was amazing, you could see her lose all cares for him after what was revealed.

Kenny would not of been an accident, the wall around the roof was waist heigh, you see this when Eve throws the cake.

If season 4 is weekly I don’t think I’ll watch it weekly, will wait until it’s all out - as I think it plays better being binged
oh yes I believe he absolutely did it on purpose but I still love him. Something about his and Villanelles relationship I just love but agree. She doesn’t need to say a word, her face said it all! She’s brilliant!

KINGAA

VIP Member
How can I see it? Do you know who posted the photo please?
If you type
konstantin dies
on twitter, look at photos there’s a behind the scenes photo of the scene being filmed. I think there’s one from a clip too... going from the trailer from next week of what people are wearing looking like what happens, happens end of this coming ep or next.

Its a photo of him on the floor and villanelle hovering over him, in a green outfit

KINGAA

VIP Member
Villanelle should of kidnapped her to Alaska - the meltdown from eve would of been amazing to watch

• Haha

Moe

VIP Member
I binge watched it last night and enjoyed it. Sometimes I don’t watch tv for weeks. Tonight’s binge watch is going to be After Life 😁

KINGAA

VIP Member
came here to rant about how UNREALISTIC AF episode 5 is!! I'm from Ukraine, so I have pretty decent insight on Russia.
The main problem is there is no way people from the village in the middle of nowhere in Russia can speak English that well. Even Nadezda, who's probably been making pierogi her whole life easily speaks english and knows words like "terrified", yeah sure

the part where boys were looking up a pierogi recipe, an old cooking book had english measuring system, again not realistic

i will believe their linguistic talent only if it turns out later that all that family were assassins too or something like that. According to statistics only 11% of russians know english on some level, andI feel like most of those people live in moscow and st pitersburg. If the family lived in a bigger city, it'be more believable. Or at least make youngest children able to speak english and translate everything to the rest of the family
The magic of TV unfortunately - plenty of shows do it to make it more accessible for its general audience it’s like scenes between Villanelle, Dasha and Konstantin would realistically be in Russian as it’s their native tongue same with his daughter.

Same with shows like Chernobyl and Medici - they’re all English speaking when they shouldn’t be.

Us English folk expect things to be in English, too many subtitles are a turn off to a lot of us hahahahahahaha!!!