Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone still doing keto ? I think I’d like to do it to kick my Weightloss off again . Keto 800 looks good for short term - has anyone has good success losing 2 stone with the keto way ?
I lost 1 1/2 stone in 2019. Went down two dress sizes and never felt better. Started again a few months ago and the loss is slower but the inches are coming off. Only lost 2lb but down a dress size.
Don't crave sugar at all now.

Reactions: 3
I'm about to start. Counting calories just doesn't work for me....I seem to totally crave my next snack. Tried the keto style before and deffo didn't crave anything.

Reactions: 2
I am going to restart keto. For me it is the only thing that really works quickly and helps me feel truly satiated and my sweet tooth practically disappears. I also feel much less sluggish and tired on keto.
I’ve been calorie counting since Christmas and have managed to get a stone off but I can’t help but feel if I had done keto I would have lost a lot more by now. I have about 10 weeks until an event so I’m excited to get back to the keto way of life.

Reactions: 6
Heavenly Fan on YouTube is brilliant for Keto recipes. She's also vegan but has masses of recipes you can adapt and also loads of low carb baking recipes too.
She's really laid back about it all having a history of feeling out of control around high carbohydrates. No counting & obsessing. I decided to go that way as have spent a life yo yo dieting and it's a miserable way to live.
I've lost (only) 6 lbs since Christmas BUT it's mainly off my belly and I feel a ton better in myself.
So I'm not keto as such, more erring on low carb. As I don't go out much, I decided in advance, if I was say at a family do, I'd make the best choices I could & then continue low carb the following day.
Likewise on the odd occasion I meet a friend at a local cafe, I'll have a bacon bagel, enjoy it and continue low carb again.
I'm really enjoying it mainly due to finding her channel and her voice and disposition is lovely & calming. Hope this helps someone sick of High Carb addiction.

Reactions: 7
I’ve done it off and on for 18 years. I have a terrible sweet tooth and it helps me manage that. The key to it is drink lots of water. I try to do 3l a day. I always have milk in tea and coffee & it makes no difference. I find because I’ve done it so much I get into ketosis within around 24 hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes I have my FF milk in tea too. I didn't really go into it for weight loss primarily. I just wanted to feel better and stop those sugar rushes. I love it and hope to make this my way of eating permanently. I can never say never though. Have to many failed diets & binges in my history!

• Heart
Hello, I was wondering if anyone was still here. I’ve just started low carb to manage my PCOS symptoms as they’re deliberating at the moment

Reactions: 4
Hello, I was wondering if anyone was still here. I’ve just started low carb to manage my PCOS symptoms as they’re deliberating at the moment
I am still keto. Have been on and off for ages.
Starting low carb sounds like a plan. It can be a bit brutal going straight to keto

I love keto 🫶🏻 did it last year and lost 2 stone. I’ve mostly maintained but need to lose 6lbs to get back to what I was. 3 days in and 4lbs down. I also found how my aches and pains went away. The inflammation carbs caused me was real!

Facebook have a few great groups and found YouTube a great help.

I love keto 🫶🏻 did it last year and lost 2 stone. I’ve mostly maintained but need to lose 6lbs to get back to what I was. 3 days in and 4lbs down. I also found how my aches and pains went away. The inflammation carbs caused me was real!

Facebook have a few great groups and found YouTube a great help.
I agree with Facebook groups. One is absolutely militant though, don't even allow sweeteners. If that's your thing great but I need my pepsi max to stay on track.
They have a higher turnover of regulars than the dirty keto groups as nobody can be that strict long term.

I agree with Facebook groups. One is absolutely militant though, don't even allow sweeteners. If that's your thing great but I need my pepsi max to stay on track.
They have a higher turnover of regulars than the dirty keto groups as nobody can be that strict long term.
I had to leave a group because they shamed me for using 1 teaspoon of soy sauce for 2 chicken breast 🤦🏻‍♀️ said soy sauce was a no no on keto and I should remove my post 🤣 this was after I’d lost nearly 2 stone in 5 months doing exactly what I was doing! Found some lovely sparkling lemon sodas in Aldi today, I enjoy the fact I have to really think about food rather than being lazy and grabbing a sandwich or something.

• Haha
I had to leave a group because they shamed me for using 1 teaspoon of soy sauce for 2 chicken breast 🤦🏻‍♀️ said soy sauce was a no no on keto and I should remove my post 🤣 this was after I’d lost nearly 2 stone in 5 months doing exactly what I was doing! Found some lovely sparkling lemon sodas in Aldi today, I enjoy the fact I have to really think about food rather than being lazy and grabbing a sandwich or something.
Honestly they are insane.
Sometimes I just fancy a pepperami or a 10g grams of carbs duck the day treat. If I couldn't have that I think what is life really 😬

I’ve been doing it since the beginning of the year, lost 2.5 stone so far. Same as the posters above, I do more of a dirty/lazy version as I would really struggle with clean. Sugar Free Londoner has been brilliant for me, loads of recipes for low cars versions of sweet things.

I could never follow a group of severely rigid Keto Cops. Life's too short. "Hands behind your back! Where is it? Hand over the soy sauce NOW!!!" I'd be reaching for a donut. Nope, ambling along at my own pace suits me fine.

• Haha
I try to do keto again but I am not losing any weight. Last time I lost a lot. I ve read about this from other women nearing their 50s. I this week lost motivation after two months and ate a huge chocolate cake today 😮😐 For me ketosis gets so boring after a while. I never know what to eat and crave carbs. I will jump on the wagon again. Now when I am not in ketosis I feel like catching the moment and eating billions of carbs ☹ oh well just wanted to went a little! 🍗🌹

Did so well doing keto in early January. For about a month I quit booze, prioritised protein, fasted and felt amazing. Lost a stone in a month. Then March I started drinking again gradually and can only seem to stick to keto for a few days at a time and this week I’m away and am completely off it. I tried my swimming costume on today and look terrible, almost like I never lost that stone. How can I regain the mindset I had in January! I find it so much harder not to drink in summer

Did so well doing keto in early January. For about a month I quit booze, prioritised protein, fasted and felt amazing. Lost a stone in a month. Then March I started drinking again gradually and can only seem to stick to keto for a few days at a time and this week I’m away and am completely off it. I tried my swimming costume on today and look terrible, almost like I never lost that stone. How can I regain the mindset I had in January! I find it so much harder not to drink in summer
I’ve restarted strict keto, 8 days down and I’ve lost 7lbs. You just have to do it, full force. I’m eating a lot of eggs/cheese/butter/chicken/pork.
today for breakfast I had left over chicken fried in butter with whisked eggs and cheese. I was the same as you, on a few days off a few and it just wasn’t working!

once the water weighed starts coming off its like a switch just goes off and it’s much easier to follow once you see results.
Do a meal prep chart. Stock up on good foods, cut out alcohol.

I haven’t had any booze for 2 weeks now but I’m out tomorrow so I know I’ll be drinking!! Can’t give up wine forever 🤣 carbs yes, wine no!

Thanks. That’s amazing. Do you count calories? Weekends are my downfall, alcohol and then the carbs start creeping in!

Thanks. That’s amazing. Do you count calories? Weekends are my downfall, alcohol and then the carbs start creeping in!
I count nothing and never have! The apps are not accurate. I just eat a tonne of protein, butter, full fat cheese/cream and I cook everything in butter/lard/dripping.

it’s hard in the spring/summer. Rose in the garden and bbqs… just stick to the meat and salad. Good luck!