Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find weighing every day works better for me. If I weigh weekly I expect a bigger drop then daily so get disheartened. I do agree though , with keto take body measurements as they give a better picture than weight. Good luck. You have done it once so can again. I am so sorry about your Mum x
Thank you she was 95 so had a good innings. I have a voice message on my answerphone from her that I listen to often. I don’t usually measure but think I’ll start. Took my niece out last night and had some pizza. Boy did I suffer for it. Back on plan today
Good luck

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Week 2
Average weight for the week: 11 st 6.1 lbs.

So 3.7 lbs down on last week's average.
Week 3
Average weight for the week: 11st 4.4 lbs.

1.5 lbs down on last week's average. Slowing down, so I'm starting to increase the amount of movement that I'm doing (which I was initially too tired for). I've got new fabric straps for my Fitbit because I lost the ones it came with and don't like wearing the rubbery exercise one on a daily basis, so just need to get that charged up and going and then turbo-charge some weight loss next week (although can't really complain about a 10 lb loss in what is actually just under three weeks).

Reactions: 2
Week 3

1.5 lbs down on last week's average. Slowing down, so I'm starting to increase the amount of movement that I'm doing (which I was initially too tired for). I've got new fabric straps for my Fitbit because I lost the ones it came with and don't like wearing the rubbery exercise one on a daily basis, so just need to get that charged up and going and then turbo-charge some weight loss next week (although can't really complain about a 10 lb loss in what is actually just under three weeks).
You’re doing great!! Well done 👏

I haven’t lust much weight on the scales yet but I look better and my clothes are loser. I don’t get how or why! But I’m persevering anyway, four weeks in tomorrow.

Week 3

Any plan I've ever done...week 3 is a lag/slower week. No idea why but it lags then picks up again. Guess it's the body adjusting as week 1 is always water weight dropping off (for me anyway).

Reactions: 3
Another pound down ! I’m sure they post menopausal life mays this journey so much slower ! But keep on going 💪

• Heart
Amazing losses everyone. I’m in a bit of a rut, food wise. Need some inspiration. Any meal ideas? Doesn’t have to be fancy, actually simple is just fine too. But I think I just want a bit of variety.

Amazing losses everyone. I’m in a bit of a rut, food wise. Need some inspiration. Any meal ideas? Doesn’t have to be fancy, actually simple is just fine too. But I think I just want a bit of variety.
What have you tried so far?

I tend to stick to the old protein and veg, and omelettes etc. But vary to spices I use.

I love the fact that I don’t get hungry, it helps me to feel normal!

• Heart
I am having salami fathead pizza tonight. Always my favourite .

Chicken with leek and bacon in creamy sauce fills you up quite a bit, I tried a keto Chinese recipe the other week that was quite good,

There are some great keto you tube channels, I watch Heavenly Fan, Low Carb Love and Cook with Mel are a few of my favourites.

What have you tried so far?

I tend to stick to the old protein and veg, and omelettes etc. But vary to spices I use.

I love the fact that I don’t get hungry, it helps me to feel normal!
Yes that is the best part for me too, not to be dictated by my cravings. Helps with intermittent fasting too.

That’s exactly what I do, protein and veg. And eggs in various forms. I think I’m just tired of the same old. You’re right, I should play around with spices and sauces to change things up.

i follow someone called Keto Recipes on TikTok, I like some of the recipes.

I feel so much better and I look it too, but the scales are shifting so slowly. Any thoughts?

I feel so much better and I look it too, but the scales are shifting so slowly. Any thoughts?
I've started taking measurements because even though I only lost 2 pounds this week, the difference in overall inches lost was 9.5", so try not focus on the scales too much

Reactions: 4

How long have you been keto. I find after 6 weeks the scales represent better. You are fat adapted by that stage

A gain this week in the scales but I’m trying to not sweat it, post menopause seems to definitely still have hormonal fluctuations, so sticking with it, feeling good but can feel the bloating which makes me think it’s hormonal. Got to Keep on going 💪

Reactions: 3
Forgot how bad keto hangovers are!! Feel like warm poo today and just craved carbs. New day tomorrow 💃