Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone tried those expensive ketosis sachets everyone seems to be selling on Instagram??

How are you all getting on?
I have done really well this week apart from today. I have a horrendous UTI and feeling so sorry for myself and had a McDonald’s and tit loads of chocolate.

I’ve been really pushing on with exercising too and as I’ve been under the weather I’ve not had the biggest appetite!!!! Lost all the water weight I put on from getting on the sauce this weekend and think I’m a couple lbs lighter too.

How have you been?

I have done really well this week apart from today. I have a horrendous UTI and feeling so sorry for myself and had a McDonald’s and tit loads of chocolate.

I’ve been really pushing on with exercising too and as I’ve been under the weather I’ve not had the biggest appetite!!!! Lost all the water weight I put on from getting on the sauce this weekend and think I’m a couple lbs lighter too.

How have you been?
Sorry you're not well, hope it passes soon. Well done on the weight loss!

I've lost 3lbs in my first week. Not as much as I'd hoped but I can tell I've lost weight in my face and stomach. I've not felt hungry once this week which is so not like me 😂

I've been listening to a good podcast called 2 keto dudes (starting from the beginning) which has inspired me a lot.

Reactions: 1
Sorry you're not well, hope it passes soon. Well done on the weight loss!

I've lost 3lbs in my first week. Not as much as I'd hoped but I can tell I've lost weight in my face and stomach. I've not felt hungry once this week which is so not like me 😂

I've been listening to a good podcast called 2 keto dudes (starting from the beginning) which has inspired me a lot.
That’s absolutely fantastic. How are you feeling in yourself?

Thanks so much. It’s hit me like a tonne of bricks but on medication thankfully x

That’s absolutely fantastic. How are you feeling in yourself?

Thanks so much. It’s hit me like a tonne of bricks but on medication thankfully x
It's awful when you don't feel yourself, hopefully the medication does wonders!

Thanks, I'm feeling brilliant. Loads more energy, not hungry, sleeping better and just feeling positive and practically buzzing 😂

How are you all getting on?
First week of keto & I lost 4lbs. And that's with having a wee bit of wine & prosecco at the weekend. Really happy! Need to wind in the drinking though, hopefully i'll lose a bit more next week.

What's everyone using as an alternative to cows milk? I have one coffee a day with about 50ml of milk, which I put in my milk frother. I've tried almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk and I'm just not really a fan of any of them.

^^ honestly I've tried so many and the best I've found is Oatly (Barista version), I don't know if it's keto-friendly though

I’ve just discovered Morrisons protein bread, which is 8g carb a slice and it tastes really good. Think this is going to be my keto saviour to stop me ‘cheating’

Has anyone else tried it? Or recommend other types of keto food available in the supermarkets...

Reactions: 1
When I did keto, I found it easier to cut out all bread/wraps/rolls etc than to try the “healthier” versions. Once you get used to not having them, things get much easier. By trying to find alternatives you’re just increasing the likelihood of you going back to eating carbs because they are never the same (I now eat carbs but that wasn’t because I couldn’t stick to keto because of the food I was eating, other circumstances have stopped me from being able to it for now). Clean keto is the most effective way of getting every benefit of keto there is!

Reactions: 3
oh no how come?
It was delivered all squashed which was a shame but I thought as long as it tastes nice that doesn’t matter... it didn’t taste nice at all, the textures were really strange and it just tasted of sweetener with no other flavour. Me and my partner both tried bits of it (we ordered a lot of different products) and honestly I’d have rather have gone without any cake ever than eaten those because all it did was make me want to have the real thing 😂 In fairness, I don’t think it’s anything personal to that company, I just don’t think keto is the kind of diet that ‘baking’ works well with.

It was delivered all squashed which was a shame but I thought as long as it tastes nice that doesn’t matter... it didn’t taste nice at all, the textures were really strange and it just tasted of sweetener with no other flavour. Me and my partner both tried bits of it (we ordered a lot of different products) and honestly I’d have rather have gone without any cake ever than eaten those because all it did was make me want to have the real thing 😂 In fairness, I don’t think it’s anything personal to that company, I just don’t think keto is the kind of diet that ‘baking’ works well with.
Ah fair enough! I'm quite wary about substitutes so I think I'd feel the same!

I ordered cakes from Deliciously Guilt Free and admittedly they are nice but they're a bit too sweet and overly expensive for what you get.

I'm stuck in a total rut at the moment with Keto. Been on it 5 weeks now and all I've lost is 4lbs. I keep seeing things online that says it can take up to 6 weeks for your body to adjust and for the weight loss to start but it is really irritating how little weight I've lost. Need to stick at it I guess.

Reactions: 2
I ordered cakes from Deliciously Guilt Free and admittedly they are nice but they're a bit too sweet and overly expensive for what you get.

I'm stuck in a total rut at the moment with Keto. Been on it 5 weeks now and all I've lost is 4lbs. I keep seeing things online that says it can take up to 6 weeks for your body to adjust and for the weight loss to start but it is really irritating how little weight I've lost. Need to stick at it I guess.
Take photos and measurements is all I ever recommend to people. I have two photos of myself with only 6lb difference and it’s like I dropped 2 dress sizes. Clothes that I couldn’t zip up were going on with ease and becoming slightly baggy. The scales don’t tell you everything! Also keto has so many health benefits that if I had a slow few weeks with no inches or lbs lost, I’d just take that as keto fixing stuff on the inside that I don’t know about

Reactions: 3
I don't really feel any different nor do I think my body looks any different either. I don't know if this "whoosh" is a real thing and your body will start to lose 2lb a week after you get past the 6 week phase. Really hoping so. It's disheartening how long it can take to lose weight.