Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How bizarre! I also saw that she ships to the US?! If food is arriving mouldy in the UK then I dread to think how it would arrive long-distance! I've just sent them a DM on Insta so I'll see if they reply.

I made my order when they had a huge discount, I think it was over 50%, so I'm not TOO bothered to wait it out as long as I get it in the end.

However, if service is like this, how can we trust the credibility of it actually being keto? Ya know?
yeah, I saw that, shipping cream cheese cakes to the US is 🤢. They’d be penicillin by the time they arrived

I have seen people state that the items kicked them out of Keto, I doubt she’s going to be trustworthy with how she’s added everything up

did you see the owners instagram story crying and trying to get people to feel sorry for her? She’s got some front for someone who’s defrauded hundreds!

Reactions: 2
Any tips to stay motivated?
My head was in right process thought, I also found this helped me a lot, I put my most hated fat photo of me on my fridge, then every week after that I took another photo of me, I put that on the fridge, in four weeks you could see a slight difference, 8 weeks definitely notice a difference, 16 weeks you could see a big difference, I did this every week until I had lost 5 stone, I also only did on-line food shopping, so no naughty food was put in the basket, I also found that if I was craving food and telling myself I was starving, I went for a walk, I didn’t care if it was raining, blowing a gale or snowing, I made myself do it, came back and was no longer starving.

This was what helped me, I hope it may help you. 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 3
yeah, I saw that, shipping cream cheese cakes to the US is 🤢. They’d be penicillin by the time they arrived

I have seen people state that the items kicked them out of Keto, I doubt she’s going to be trustworthy with how she’s added everything up

did you see the owners instagram story crying and trying to get people to feel sorry for her? She’s got some front for someone who’s defrauded hundreds!
I have some donuts from Kinetic Kitchen coming tomorrow, I'll let you know what they're like.
Sugar free by Marta has excellent reviews too and posts the actual images of their bakes.

I've had hits and misses from LCKB, but I won't be using them again after this.

I have some donuts from Kinetic Kitchen coming tomorrow, I'll let you know what they're like.
Sugar free by Marta has excellent reviews too and posts the actual images of their bakes.

I've had hits and misses from LCKB, but I won't be using them again after this.
heard such good things about Sugar free by Marta!

I saved this screenshot of the bakeries people have been recommending... I hope they all get good customers coming in.... the vile woman at LCKB does not deserve anything from ripping her customersto tit and making their keto journey even more stressful...

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Ah I want to do this been watching videos about keto and have a friend who swears by it! I don't know I'm so on and off different diets all the time 🤣 this year I've done gluten free, 1200 calories, team tr, vegan, then I give up on them all a few weeks later. Anyone else like this 🤣 its a nightmare and my favourite foods are pizza, nuggets, chips, cheese toasties, kids food basically - hence my username my one true love ❤ I don't know I might give it a go who knows

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello all!
So after weeks of being off the waggon I am officially back on as of tomorrow. Evening meals as follows;

Chicken broth -https://www.delish.com/cooking/nutrition/a30326477/keto-chicken-soup-recipe/

Naked burgers (loaded with cheese, bacon and served with green beans)

Gammon and cauliflower cheese (not made with flour)

Anti pasti salad

I tend to fast until 1pm so start my day off with coffee. I tend to have the same lunch - eggs, smoked sausage and gherkins with mustard. Snack will be 85% dark choc with a small spread of natural peanut butter

I also intend on working out as much as possible. I tend to do fasted work outs so will make sure I do it before 1pm.

Few questions;

-Does this seem like a decent meal plan?

-I sometimes drink protein shakes when I need a boost when working out. Could I have this in lieu of lunch? I have the strawberry one from my protein. It’s low carb going by the website

- I have such an addition to Diet Coke. Can I continue to drink this in the evening?

@theghosttown Your food plan sounds good but I would add more protein, Turkey, Pork and fish, fresh/tinned/fresh packed, more vegetables, broccoli, spinach, Brussels, any cabbage, greens, advocado, nuts, be careful with the nuts they are high in calories but have good fats.

My salad was always the same, cucumber, lettuce, spring onions, peppers, tomatoes and some form of cheese.

Your salad is fine.

Drink plenty of water, I cut out all diet fizzy drinks, but if you feel ok with them, then still drink them.

You should have breakfast, mine was always, advocado and 2 light baby bels😁 a glass of water and 1 cup of tea.

I wasn’t a lover of the protein shakes, but have them if and when, it’s what is best for you.

Good luck with journey.😀

Last edited:
Your food plan sounds good but I would add more protein, Turkey, Pork and fish, fresh/tinned/fresh packed, more vegetables, broccoli, spinach, Brussels, any cabbage, greens, advocado, nuts, be careful with the nuts they are high in calories but have good fats.

My salad was always the same, cucumber, lettuce, spring onions, peppers, tomatoes and some form of cheese.

Your salad is fine.

Drink plenty of water, I cut out all diet fizzy drinks, but if you feel ok with them, then still drink them.

You should have breakfast, mine was always, advocado and 2 light baby bels😁 a glass of water and 1 cup of tea.

I wasn’t a lover of the protein shakes, but have them if and when, it’s what is best for you.

Good luck with journey.😀
Awwwwww thanks so much for your response!
I am a huge water drinker, about 3 litres min, particularly when I work out.

Will up my protein and greens too - we tend to eat so much brocolli, green beans, cabbage and sprouts. Mmmmm. I loath fish though so will stick to near. Alsooooo I have a severe tree nut allergy. I’m not fussy I promise ahahahah!! I can just substitute for avocados perhaps.

As try as I might I just cannot do breakfast. I try but it almost makes me feel a bit sick. I think I may try and compromise and work our am and have a protein shake mid morning as breakfast!

When I first did low carb I lost 1 stone and I didn’t try TOO hard. It’s just sooo compatible with me due to pcos.

Do you have any good lunch suggestions or sweet treats that don’t involve almond flour?x

Ahh sweet treats, I ordered myself some sugar free sweets on line, never again, ahh stomach was so bad, it was due to the artificial sugar, never again.

Sugar free jelly, with cream and coconut flakes, was one of my favourites, I don’t really have a sweet tooth, so didn’t eat sweet treats, especially after the sugar free ones.

Lunch was normally fish smoked salmon, tuna, mackerel with salad egg/cheese.

But as you don’t eat fish, it’s the normal, chicken, beef, cheese.

Try naked noodles, with a low carb/sugar sauce or make your own, then add veg meat of your choice.

I sometimes cheated and had tin meat in gravy or sauce, but I made sure it was low in carbs/sugar and sats fat, not to everyone’s liking, but it was easier for me if hubby was at work.

I normally looked on line for help and normally found it.

Well done on loosing 1 stone. 😁

• Haha
Ahh sweet treats, I ordered myself some sugar free sweets on line, never again, ahh stomach was so bad, it was due to the artificial sugar, never again.

Sugar free jelly, with cream and coconut flakes, was one of my favourites, I don’t really have a sweet tooth, so didn’t eat sweet treats, especially after the sugar free ones.

Lunch was normally fish smoked salmon, tuna, mackerel with salad egg/cheese.

But as you don’t eat fish, it’s the normal, chicken, beef, cheese.

Try naked noodles, with a low carb/sugar sauce or make your own, then add veg meat of your choice.

I sometimes cheated and had tin meat in gravy or sauce, but I made sure it was low in carbs/sugar and sats fat, not to everyone’s liking, but it was easier for me if hubby was at work.

I normally looked on line for help and normally found it.

Well done on loosing 1 stone. 😁
Thanks so much! I used carb manager when I first did it and it gave me such a good understanding of what I could have and what was super bad. It was so weird making the transition from low fat choices to things like real butter, full fat creams etc. I only drink black coffee now, cook in butter and olive oil etc. Know what veg to avoid or veg I have to have in moderation with I.e swede, onion, tomatoes etc.

I love a drink so always tend to fall off the wagon on the weekend and I always always have a roast dinner - non negotiable hahaHa. I’m not massively strict on weekends but during the week I like to keep as strict as I can. I have another 2 stone I would like to lose and to try and maintain! Massive congratulations on your weight loss. Such an achievement - bet you feel amazing.

I’m dreading getting to end of the week and feeling terrible from sugar withdrawal...and the constipation...and the explosive stomach you get when you indulge in something carb heavy hahah. The joys. Worth it! X

For a gorg sweet treat I make Peanut Butter cups

I put 32g peanut butter + 30g coconut oil + a pinch of Sucralose* in microwave to melt then pour into 6 cupcake cases. Chuck that in freezer to set for 20 mins. Then I melt 100g Lindt 90% and put that on top. Freezer again to set. It’s 180 calories per big one.

*In my quest for keto sweeteners I tried loads. Hated Erythritol in most things,and we can’t get many of the fancyUS ones so I bought sucralose from eBay for £6. I thought it was expensivefor only 100g BUT sucralose is hundreds times more concentrated so a recipe which would call for 200g erythritol you literally need 1/5th teaspoon Sucralose. It’s my favourite one no funny taste

For a gorg sweet treat I make Peanut Butter cups

I put 32g peanut butter + 30g coconut oil + a pinch of Sucralose* in microwave to melt then pour into 6 cupcake cases. Chuck that in freezer to set for 20 mins. Then I melt 100g Lindt 90% and put that on top. Freezer again to set. It’s 180 calories per big one.

*In my quest for keto sweeteners I tried loads. Hated Erythritol in most things,and we can’t get many of the fancyUS ones so I bought sucralose from eBay for £6. I thought it was expensivefor only 100g BUT sucralose is hundreds times more concentrated so a recipe which would call for 200g erythritol you literally need 1/5th teaspoon Sucralose. It’s my favourite one no funny taste
This is exactly what I’m after, thanks . Someone on here posted about the dark chocolate with a spread of peanut butter and I’m absolutely obsessed. Just two squares satisfies my cravings. Anything dark chocolate and peanut butter is my fav!!!!

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I have been minimising my carbs for 2 weeks now in preparation for the full thing next week.
I love fruit, so cutting that would probably be the hardest part for me, and chocolate (I dont like dark chocolate)

I have endometriosis and theres a lot of things about cutting out meats and fats etc due to hormones and it potentially making the endo grow. I've got nothing to lose from trying it as I'm working from home anyway!

What do you set yourself as a daily carb intake?
I'm following people on instagram who do different things, not sure what a good staring limit is.

Thank you!!

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I have been minimising my carbs for 2 weeks now in preparation for the full thing next week.
I love fruit, so cutting that would probably be the hardest part for me, and chocolate (I dont like dark chocolate)

I have endometriosis and theres a lot of things about cutting out meats and fats etc due to hormones and it potentially making the endo grow. I've got nothing to lose from trying it as I'm working from home anyway!

What do you set yourself as a daily carb intake?
I'm following people on instagram who do different things, not sure what a good staring limit is.

Thank you!!
Honestly I know you say you don’t like dark chocolate but you’ll end up hooked. I smear natural peanut butter onto two slices as a treat and it’s unreal. Someone on this thread suggested it. It’s amazing. You can still enjoy say, strawberries and thick cream as a treat. Just watch the carbs in the strawbs.

I don’t do keto but I do low carb and if I focus I stick around 30g carbs. I recommend downloading carb manager, it really helps as you can get a feel for your macros. Some people stick to 20g or even lower z

• Heart
Reactions: 3
An update on my Low Carb & Keto Bakery order, which I placed on 17th May.... still nothing! 😅 sooo ridiculous.

I read all this thread on Thursday, and started myself yesterday. Loving it so far. Haven't felt hungry at all! Have a slight headache today, assuming it's from starting this.

I wanted to say earlier, bit got distracted then forgot- thanks for all the inspiration on this thread! How're you all getting on? Onto day three for me tomorrow and I'm feeling really positive about it all.