Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi! Just checking in...
It was my third week weigh in yesterday and I stayed the same. I am a little bit 'trapped' (if you get what I am trying to say...if you do, any ideas?)
I used my ketosis stick and still in ketosis at least!
are you drinking enough water? I’ve found the same as you, I think I drink too much coffee and not enough water which probably doesn’t help things along!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I still do Keto, I started in November 2016, by June 2017, I lost 5 stone, I did a strict version of it, my only fats for energy were cheese, butter, nuts and avocado.

It was really hard at for the first 3 months, suffered from sleepless nights and headaches.

I ate, fish, white meat and once a fortnight a big juicy steak.

I cut out bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, all fruit and certain vegetables.

One cup of tea a day and then only water.

I take multi vitamins, plus vitamin C & D.

I walked 5 miles a day as my daily exercise.

I have kept the weight off, still do Keto 5 days a week, the other 2 days days I have carbs but only a small amount and they are wholemeal apart from the potatoes.

I still walk five miles a day and feel good about myself.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
are you drinking enough water? I’ve found the same as you, I think I drink too much coffee and not enough water which probably doesn’t help things along!
I am, but I don't think enough...need to up my water intake and I have 1 coffee after dinner, I'll start drinking more water this week and see how I get on, some days I am fine and other days fully trapped 🙈

I am, but I don't think enough...need to up my water intake and I have 1 coffee after dinner, I'll start drinking more water this week and see how I get on, some days I am fine and other days fully trapped 🙈
Same! It's a horrible feeling isn't it, as you don't feel your best, lightest self!

I've actually had a right 'mare, I gave myself gastritis by drinking so much prosecco –– apparently a high fat diet mixed with lots of alcohol can really f**k up your stomach, so I've been bloated and blocked up for weeks! Hate it! I'm on Omeprazole now to try and remedy it.

Feeling so bloated definitely puts a dampener on motivation, I want that lovely light feeling again!

Oh and also, @Cantdeal, have you tried a magnesium supplement? They work to get things moving! ;)

• Heart
Same! It's a horrible feeling isn't it, as you don't feel your best, lightest self!

I've actually had a right 'mare, I gave myself gastritis by drinking so much prosecco –– apparently a high fat diet mixed with lots of alcohol can really f**k up your stomach, so I've been bloated and blocked up for weeks! Hate it! I'm on Omeprazole now to try and remedy it.

Feeling so bloated definitely puts a dampener on motivation, I want that lovely light feeling again!

Oh and also, @Cantdeal, have you tried a magnesium supplement? They work to get things moving! ;)
I know, really is, I feel much lighter when I do manage to go.

I haven't drank any alcohol since I started Keto 4 weeks ago, but that's because I am home, there's a wine company I've come across (if you like wine) called Slim Line Wine. They have Keto friendly wine's, so I'll be ordering a bottle of Rose soon.

I take 2 Electrolyte Plus with water every morning, maybe my body is still trying to get used to eating this way :D

I still do Keto, I started in November 2016, by June 2017, I lost 5 stone, I did a strict version of it, my only fats for energy were cheese, butter, nuts and avocado.

It was really hard at for the first 3 months, suffered from sleepless nights and headaches.

I ate, fish, white meat and once a fortnight a big juicy steak.

I cut out bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, all fruit and certain vegetables.

One cup of tea a day and then only water.

I take multi vitamins, plus vitamin C & D.

I walked 5 miles a day as my daily exercise.

I have kept the weight off, still do Keto 5 days a week, the other 2 days days I have carbs but only a small amount and they are wholemeal apart from the potatoes.

I still walk five miles a day and feel good about myself.
That's amazing! Well done to the 5 stone weight loss!

The only thing I do eat is cauliflower rice and 3 strawberries, lettuce, cucumber and spinach, no pasta, potatoes, any nor any other fruit or vegetables.

I eat chicken and salmon, cheese and avocado.

I drink water, but not enough as I should and 1 coffee per day and I do exercise 3 times a week :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I know, really is, I feel much lighter when I do manage to go.

I haven't drank any alcohol since I started Keto 4 weeks ago, but that's because I am home, there's a wine company I've come across (if you like wine) called Slim Line Wine. They have Keto friendly wine's, so I'll be ordering a bottle of Rose soon.

I take 2 Electrolyte Plus with water every morning, maybe my body is still trying to get used to eating this way :D

That's amazing! Well done to the 5 stone weight loss!

The only thing I do eat is cauliflower rice and 3 strawberries, lettuce, cucumber and spinach, no pasta, potatoes, any nor any other fruit or vegetables.

I eat chicken and salmon, cheese and avocado.

I drink water, but not enough as I should and 1 coffee per day and I do exercise 3 times a week :)
Thank you, it was hard because I loved my food, I also have cauliflower rice, the smell of that is erghh though, also have naked noodles, hit and miss with the noodles because supermarket doesn’t always stock them.

I forgot to mention I also suffered from constipation and would be days before I went, when I did manage to go it was like giving birth, horrendous. 😱🤣

The one thing annoys is when people saw that I was loosing weight and finally got to weight I wanted to be, people would ask did I have a gastric band, as I lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time, it annoyed me so much that others thought that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thank you, it was hard because I loved my food, I also have cauliflower rice, the smell of that is erghh though, also have naked noodles, hit and miss with the noodles because supermarket doesn’t always stock them.

I forgot to mention I also suffered from constipation and would be days before I went, when I did manage to go it was like giving birth, horrendous. 😱🤣

The one thing annoys is when people saw that I was loosing weight and finally got to weight I wanted to be, people would ask did I have a gastric band, as I lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time, it annoyed me so much that others thought that.
YES ME TOO! I am screaming of pain when I do manage to go, clenching like my life depends on it :ROFLMAO:

The smell of cauliflower rice is ughh, I get mine from Asda.

Some people eh :rolleyes: Just ignore them, it's jealousy no doubt!

• Heart
That is the Prosecco I had! Well it was their sparkling wine. Only I massively overdid it as I have no self control 🤪

Just found these in Sainsbury’s! They’re like the best puffy parts of pork scratchings! The snaffling pig ones started to gross me out but these are like crisps x

Attachments

That is the Prosecco I had! Well it was their sparkling wine. Only I massively overdid it as I have no self control 🤪

Just found these in Sainsbury’s! They’re like the best puffy parts of pork scratchings! The snaffling pig ones started to gross me out but these are like crisps x
They are my snacks, I love the puffy ones better than the others, they remind of baked toenails.

Hoping someone can help (apologies if this has been mentioned already) I am vegetarian and don’t eat fish can anyone recommend a keto plan I can follow as I’m struggling to find one.

Hoping someone can help (apologies if this has been mentioned already) I am vegetarian and don’t eat fish can anyone recommend a keto plan I can follow as I’m struggling to find one.
Do you have reddit? They have a vegetarian sub reddit that could be useful!

Have a look on Youtube, there are loads of Keto vegetarian recipes to help with meal planning and weight loss, choose the ones that suit you best, good luck in your journey.😀

Hi! Just checking in...
Had a good week, lost 2 pounds and in ketosis still :)
Trapped situation is a lot better, been drinking water more this week.
Hope you're all having a good week 😃

Reactions: 4
I've been SO OFF IT recently, I'm gutted! I was doing so well and then I just never got back on it properly after my birthday.

I think I need to do some exercise, my stomach has suddenly become really flabby and it's making me depressed!!!

Did a cardio class this morning (virtual of course) after a heavy weekend, just had a keto protein shake and hoping I can get back on the saddle again now.

Guys,

haven’t been on this thread in a while but just wanted to issue a warning: don’t buy anything from the Keto and Low carb bakery!
If you go on Instagram, search theketoandlowcarbfakery account, they post photos of orders being received with mould on! 🤢🤢🤢🤢.

I was so close to ordering as their site looked so nice! But the photos they use isn’t even their goods. Total scammers

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I've been SO OFF IT recently, I'm gutted! I was doing so well and then I just never got back on it properly after my birthday.

I think I need to do some exercise, my stomach has suddenly become really flabby and it's making me depressed!!!

Did a cardio class this morning (virtual of course) after a heavy weekend, just had a keto protein shake and hoping I can get back on the saddle again now.
Hope you are back on the saddle, I had down days, where my body was craving everything carb, the few times I caved I really hated myself, but I dusted myself down, gave me a good talking and got back on it.

These are normal feelings that we all have, you will and can do this. ❤

• Heart
Guys,

haven’t been on this thread in a while but just wanted to issue a warning: don’t buy anything from the Keto and Low carb bakery!
If you go on Instagram, search theketoandlowcarbfakery account, they post photos of orders being received with mould on! 🤢🤢🤢🤢.

I was so close to ordering as their site looked so nice! But the photos they use isn’t even their goods. Total scammers
Oh crikey😳I’ve ordered a few times and never had bad food, but it can take a while to get an order, especially now.

Guys,

I ordered some things from there mid May and have never heard anything more! :/

Hope you are back on the saddle, I had down days, where my body was craving everything carb, the few times I caved I really hated myself, but I dusted myself down, gave me a good talking and got back on it.

These are normal feelings that we all have, you will and can do this. ❤
Thank you so much!

I'm back on it now thankfully! have had a good run of about 4 days and losing a bit of the weight I gained, plus sticking to daily exercise which is making me feel better.

Any tips to stay motivated?

I ordered some things from there mid May and have never heard anything more! :/
Oh no! Can you speak to your bank and get the charge refunded? As it’s fraud really, this woman is arguing with everyone on Instagram saying they can’t have a refund when they are showing her photos of their food covered in mould! She says ‘it’s in the T&C’s which you agreed to when you ordered’ UHHH.. no way honey the terms and conditions definitely do not cover food being mouldy! Your consumer rights protect you from this.

I’ve been looking at their Trustpilot reviews of all the people being scammed, and I feel sick for them. How can someone scam people and then threaten them when they have the audacity to complain.

what’s annoying me more is throughout all this a couple of big Keto instagrammers are ^STILL^ promoting this asshole of a company and saying ‘Use my Code on your order!’. Like it’s so hard to be Keto in the first place, It’s a lot of work to get your head around and adapt too, and then you have this company scamming people and the instagrammers joining in!

Oh no! Can you speak to your bank and get the charge refunded? As it’s fraud really, this woman is arguing with everyone on Instagram saying they can’t have a refund when they are showing her photos of their food covered in mould! She says ‘it’s in the T&C’s which you agreed to when you ordered’ UHHH.. no way honey the terms and conditions definitely do not cover food being mouldy! Your consumer rights protect you from this.

I’ve been looking at their Trustpilot reviews of all the people being scammed, and I feel sick for them. How can someone scam people and then threaten them when they have the audacity to complain.

what’s annoying me more is throughout all this a couple of big Keto instagrammers are ^STILL^ promoting this asshole of a company and saying ‘Use my Code on your order!’. Like it’s so hard to be Keto in the first place, It’s a lot of work to get your head around and adapt too, and then you have this company scamming people and the instagrammers joining in!
How bizarre! I also saw that she ships to the US?! If food is arriving mouldy in the UK then I dread to think how it would arrive long-distance! I've just sent them a DM on Insta so I'll see if they reply.

I made my order when they had a huge discount, I think it was over 50%, so I'm not TOO bothered to wait it out as long as I get it in the end.

However, if service is like this, how can we trust the credibility of it actually being keto? Ya know?