Keto Diet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to worry, we all have offish days, ill probably have offish days once lockdown is over and like you say, back to it tomorrow šŸ˜ƒ
Offish week for me because it's my birthday, but a shop planned friday (payday) ready to push myself from next Monday to lose the last 2-3 stone after that!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How does everyone feel about double cream?

I like having it in my coffee in the morning as it's bleeping delicious, and then have a much later brunch, which usually takes me through.

Comparing calories between double and single cream is shocking ā€“ for 2 tbsps of double cream, it's a 100cal difference

Double cream: <0.5g Carbs, 140ish cals
Single cream: 0.6 Carbs, 55 cals

I think I'd rather have a microscopically larger amount of carbs in the AM, than the extra cals!!

(Obvs I'm not having 2 tbsps of cream in my coffee but you get what I mean).

Are there times you go with the lower fat version because of cals?

Reactions: 1
Day 7:
2 Mozzarella cheese slices and spreaded each with a Philadelphia soft cheese mini tub and rolled them up into cheese bites, I used 1 more mozzarella cheese slices and made them into Keto crisps, the rest of the philadelphia soft cheese mini tub for dipping and half an avocado for breakfast
Nothing for lunch as I was full up from breakfast
Lettuce wrapped burger with a slice of melted mozarella cheese, Skinny Sauce BBQ Dip in the burger and used 2 more mozzarella cheese slices and made them into Keto crisps.
Finished on 17g Net Carbs
1 WEEK DONE (y)
I'll be weighing myself tomorrow morning x

Offish week for me because it's my birthday, but a shop planned friday (payday) ready to push myself from next Monday to lose the last 2-3 stone after that!
Happy Birthday! You enjoy yourself! Mine is coming up this summer so Ill be definately indulging! You can do it šŸ„³

I like having it in my coffee in the morning as it's bleeping delicious, and then have a much later brunch, which usually takes me through.

Comparing calories between double and single cream is shocking ā€“ for 2 tbsps of double cream, it's a 100cal difference

I think I'd rather have a microscopically larger amount of carbs in the AM, than the extra cals!!

I've not brought double cream yet, I don't drink hot drinks, I am such a minority lol, but haven't brought anything lower fat in version yet, but I guess double or single cream, whatever you choose it's fine I would think :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Always double for me.

Same. On strict keto (well it was Atkins when I did it), the higher the calories the easier the weight loss.

Reactions: 4

Hiya, itā€™s more to do with the fat content than the cals.
The higher the fat, the more fuller you will feel. Therefore less likely to want to snack

I use extra thick double cream.

First weigh in this morning and I've lost 5 pounds šŸ„³
I used to my ketosis stick and definately in ketosis, so a very happy girl this morning!

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m with you on that one šŸ˜‚
If youā€™re questioning lower fat versions of food its perpetuating the myth that calorie counting is still the only way to lose weight. On keto thatā€™s simply not the case and itā€™s much healthier for your mindset to drop the traditional diet culture mantra and relax about it. šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 2
If youā€™re questioning lower fat versions of food its perpetuating the myth that calorie counting is still the only way to lose weight. On keto thatā€™s simply not the case and itā€™s much healthier for your mindset to drop the traditional diet culture mantra and relax about it. šŸ˜Š
I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully disagree. Keto isn't about guzzling cream and cheese and forgetting all about calories. The science of calories doesn't magically disappear. It's about eating healthy fats that are more satiating, which makes it much easier to feel full and not overeat. I agree that it's less restrictive than other diets and not to worry too much, but as long as I'm under 20g carbs each day, I'd much rather stay under my fat and calories than exceed it for the sake of it.

*Edit* Sorry I just read that back and it sounded rude, which it wasn't meant to be! I think I'm just trying to express the idea that for a .1 of a carb difference, I'm not sure that 100 extra cals is worth it! Given that we still need to burn energy off, may as well have 100 less cals in the system for the same effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I probably jumped on your post unnecessarily. Apologies. If I see any talk asking about low fat versions of food I get twitchy. šŸ˜„ Actually, your choice of single cream isnā€™t a low fat version of anything. Itā€™s still a natural food which I think is the most important when it comes down to it.

Though I have to (respectfully!) disagree about the ā€œscience of caloriesā€. If the science of calories worked, the ā€˜dietā€™ industry wouldnā€™t be thriving for decades. Keto isnā€™t just about eating lots of healthy fats and hardly any carbs to keep us full and not overeat. Itā€™s about being in ketosis (or close enough) and your body using but not storing fats for energy instead of carbs. Because of this screwed up society obsessed with counting calories for eons, this is probably exactly why 90% of us are sitting in this thread right now. Through my experience of losing just over 100lb on atkins/keto the more I thought about calories and tried to keep count (because for decades thatā€™s what weā€™ve been indoctrinated to do) the faster my weight loss slowed. And by slow I am meaning stalled for months. Towards the end of my journey when I had less to lose, I had to eat way over the accepted ā€˜normā€˜ of daily cals and the weight loss would kick back again. But thatā€™s just my experience.

Iā€™ll fully admit I havenā€™t read the ā€™rulesā€™ of the latest fad keto diet (but read many other versions of it before ā€ketoā€ was the latest way to describe a low carb diet) and just stumbled across this thread as I have a stubborn low-ish amount of weight to lose but cannot eat dairy or nuts anymore so low carbing is much more difficult...hence the annoying weight gain. Or the gain could just be my hormones and screwed up thyroid in peri meno. Who knows? I actually have no clue what I weigh as I ditched the scales long ago because the fit of my clothes and my fitness is much more important than any number in my head dominating my life. The only numbers me and my doctor care about are my blood panels and BP. I did follow atkins and didnā€™t gorge on cream and cheese daily but easily ate way over 2000cals a day for years in the form of ā€˜healthy fatsā€™ ie salad with avocado and eggs for breakfast, some kind of protein with a large plates of low carb vegetables for lunch and dinner and no restriction on added fats.

Anyway, I am babbling now. Thanks for the healthy and respectful chat about this! Happy to go private if youā€™d like to chat more so we donā€™t clog up this thread. Good luck with your journey! šŸ™‚

Hi! An update...
Second week weigh in this morning and I've lost 2 pounds šŸ„³
I used my ketosis stick and still in ketosis :)

I probably jumped on your post unnecessarily. Apologies. If I see any talk asking about low fat versions of food I get twitchy. šŸ˜„ Actually, your choice of single cream isnā€™t a low fat version of anything. Itā€™s still a natural food which I think is the most important when it comes down to it.

Though I have to (respectfully!) disagree about the ā€œscience of caloriesā€. If the science of calories worked, the ā€˜dietā€™ industry wouldnā€™t be thriving for decades. Keto isnā€™t just about eating lots of healthy fats and hardly any carbs to keep us full and not overeat. Itā€™s about being in ketosis (or close enough) and your body using but not storing fats for energy instead of carbs. Because of this screwed up society obsessed with counting calories for eons, this is probably exactly why 90% of us are sitting in this thread right now. Through my experience of losing just over 100lb on atkins/keto the more I thought about calories and tried to keep count (because for decades thatā€™s what weā€™ve been indoctrinated to do) the faster my weight loss slowed. And by slow I am meaning stalled for months. Towards the end of my journey when I had less to lose, I had to eat way over the accepted ā€˜normā€˜ of daily cals and the weight loss would kick back again. But thatā€™s just my experience.

Iā€™ll fully admit I havenā€™t read the ā€™rulesā€™ of the latest fad keto diet (but read many other versions of it before ā€ketoā€ was the latest way to describe a low carb diet) and just stumbled across this thread as I have a stubborn low-ish amount of weight to lose but cannot eat dairy or nuts anymore so low carbing is much more difficult...hence the annoying weight gain. Or the gain could just be my hormones and screwed up thyroid in peri meno. Who knows? I actually have no clue what I weigh as I ditched the scales long ago because the fit of my clothes and my fitness is much more important than any number in my head dominating my life. The only numbers me and my doctor care about are my blood panels and BP. I did follow atkins and didnā€™t gorge on cream and cheese daily but easily ate way over 2000cals a day for years in the form of ā€˜healthy fatsā€™ ie salad with avocado and eggs for breakfast, some kind of protein with a large plates of low carb vegetables for lunch and dinner and no restriction on added fats.

Anyway, I am babbling now. Thanks for the healthy and respectful chat about this! Happy to go private if youā€™d like to chat more so we donā€™t clog up this thread. Good luck with your journey! šŸ™‚
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this extremely well-thought-out post!

Yes, you're totally right. My brain has definitely been warped by years and years of exposure to diet messaging from all angles, so I do think I have a bit of an obsession with calories :( I also looove food and have a bit of a history of binging so I think I'm still in the mindset of seeing food as a bit of an enemy, which I'm working on. This is the first diet I've been on where I've actually eaten regularly and not starved myself, so it's taking some getting used to.

The part of your post I bolded is super interesting!

I've had extreme bloating for two weeks now since my birthday (the carb-free prosecco, and my flatmate bought me keto-friendly chocolate things), I have been really questioning why this has been happening! I've been taking magnesium and drinking lo-salted water to try and up my electrolytes but I'm wondering if one of those things has caused the bloating.

I loved this to begin with but I do find all the information and strict stuff you find on Reddit from devout keto-ers a little intimidating.

anyway! It's weird that this thread died a little bit recently!! I hope we are all still on the wagon? šŸ¤Ŗ

Hi! An update...
Second week weigh in this morning and I've lost 2 pounds šŸ„³
I used my ketosis stick and still in ketosis :)
Whoop!

Hi just checking in as well, kind of dropped off a bit. Today is week 3 and Iā€™ve lost 1 stone and 2lbs, Iā€™m at my goal now which is great but I think Iā€™ll carry on with this way of eating most of the time, I donā€™t want it to be pile back in on by diving head first into the carbs šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Hi just checking in as well, kind of dropped off a bit. Today is week 3 and Iā€™ve lost 1 stone and 2lbs, Iā€™m at my goal now which is great but I think Iā€™ll carry on with this way of eating most of the time, I donā€™t want it to be pile back in on by diving head first into the carbs šŸ˜‚
A stone and 2lbs is amazing! Wow!

Amazing well done! šŸ‘
Same, will be eating this way and yes I know exactly, don't want to plant face in carbs once restaurants open up, but I think ill have a balance and if one evening I do eat out, ill go back to Keto straight away the next day šŸ˜ƒ

Thank you! šŸ˜ƒ

Hi! Just checking in...
It was my third week weigh in yesterday and I stayed the same. I am a little bit 'trapped' (if you get what I am trying to say...if you do, any ideas?)
I used my ketosis stick and still in ketosis at least!

Hi! Just checking in...
It was my third week weigh in yesterday and I stayed the same. I am a little bit 'trapped' (if you get what I am trying to say...if you do, any ideas?)
I used my ketosis stick and still in ketosis at least!
I was the same and I went into diet doctor and printed out a load of meal plans using their 30 day trial of premium so I rotate those now

• Heart