Kerry Conway #8 finally moved the sofas, oh the grime! Come on Pais, it’s phonics time!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's a lot of money. If she was more sensible then she could have got more for her money including underwear, socks, a coat, couple of of pairs of shoes, multiple t shirts and leggings then maybe just 1 or 2 fancy skirts or a nice dress.
Soon sienna will be back at school in September and kerry will have to spend all that again on uniform and school shoes, including for aria too.
I think she realised when it all arrived, especially due to English weather that sienna won't get use out of a lot of it so kept talking about hand me downs but isn't aria 3? They won't fit her for a long time, she might not even like them when she's 8.

I see Sienna has that baggy dress on today. As someone else said, kerry will have sienna wear those to death now for at least the next 2 years so by the time they get to fit Aria, they will be ready for the bin.

Reactions: 8
That's a lot of money. If she was more sensible then she could have got more for her money including underwear, socks, a coat, couple of of pairs of shoes, multiple t shirts and leggings then maybe just 1 or 2 fancy skirts or a nice dress.
Soon sienna will be back at school in September and kerry will have to spend all that again on uniform and school shoes, including for aria too.
I think she realised when it all arrived, especially due to English weather that sienna won't get use out of a lot of it so kept talking about hand me downs but isn't aria 3? They won't fit her for a long time, she might not even like them when she's 8.

I see Sienna has that baggy dress on today. As someone else said, kerry will have sienna wear those to death now for at least the next 2 years so by the time they get to fit Aria, they will be ready for the bin.
Nothing ever fits quite right does it, just don’t ever feel like they look very put together. But each to their own.. harsh but true

Reactions: 6
Next and matalan had a great sale on recently where she could have kitted all 3 girls out for less than £200! She has only gone to joules to try and make out she’s something she isn’t. A bit like buying their Land Rover 😉

Reactions: 15
The attachment parenting posts are so dull. If you go on her definition I don’t think Roma is securely attached at all as she struggles to settle without Kerry and seems very needy/clingy.

Surely a toddler who will sleep in their own room is more securely attached than one who wont?! she makes no sense.

Reactions: 9
Yeah, if the definition of successful attachment parenting is a nearly 2 year old that refuses to sleep, that you have to walk in a pram in your hall to go to sleep (or let her fall asleep on the couch) and 2 other kids that like to get up before 6 then im glad i did not fall into that style of parenting. My kids (both breastfed by the way and sleep in their own beds) are still confident, happy kids that know we love them and will always be there for them, safe and secure but without jeopardizing my mental health!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She’s rhymed off a list of things there which OFTEN accompany people who practice attachment parenting, but actually those things aren’t the ONLY way to practice attachment parenting. It’s about creating a strong bond based on respect with your child, NOT about whether you breast or bottle feed, use a sling (since when Kerry?! Not in a long time!) or co-sleep. You can bottle feed, use a pram and have baby in a cot and still practice attachment parenting.

To be honest I find people who proclaim themselves as AP are usually people who know little about it and jumped on the bandwagon. I am part of a large community in my country which works under the AP name, but none of us ever use that term, and nobody really likes it because of the connotations it now has from people like Kerry misusing it.

Ridiculous post, misuse of the term, just another bandwagon for her to jump on.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Why is she constantly trying to put her parenting into a box... it's like shes trying to say shes better than everyone else because she did it this way and now her kid is happy for 2 days at pre school (nursery!) And shes the bloody expert... 2 days!! Why cant it just be parenting. Why does she have to tick things off... and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have my happy content toddler and kids who sleep all night, run into school happy and dont need entertaining all bloody day than what shes doing..I'd go insane.

• Heart
She’s rhymed off a list of things there which OFTEN accompany people who practice attachment parenting, but actually those things aren’t the ONLY way to practice attachment parenting. It’s about creating a strong bond based on respect with your child, NOT about whether you breast or bottle feed, use a sling (since when Kerry?! Not in a long time!) or co-sleep. You can bottle feed, use a pram and have baby in a cot and still practice attachment parenting.

To be honest I find people who proclaim themselves as AP are usually people who know little about it and jumped on the bandwagon. I am part of a large community in my country which works under the AP name, but none of us ever use that term, and nobody really likes it because of the connotations it now has from people like Kerry misusing it.

Ridiculous post, misuse of the term, just another bandwagon for her to jump on.
Roma has spent a lot of time in that iCandy pushchair. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her in a Sling/carrier!

Why is she constantly trying to put her parenting into a box... it's like shes trying to say shes better than everyone else because she did it this way and now her kid is happy for 2 days at pre school (nursery!) And shes the bloody expert... 2 days!! Why cant it just be parenting. Why does she have to tick things off... and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have my happy content toddler and kids who sleep all night, run into school happy and dont need entertaining all bloody day than what shes doing..I'd go insane.
its not even two days in ‘preschool’ it’s a couple of hours. And her sister is there which will also help her go in without getting upset.

Reactions: 6
What ever is she gunna post about when they are all in school... might have to get a proper job...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So I suppose I inadvertently followed "attachment parenting" with my second son although I didn't realise it had a name.
I however was the complete opposite with my eldest.
1st bottle fed/2nd breastfed
1st hated cuddles/2nd didnt put down AT ALL until he was 12 months 😂
1st I'd never heard of slings/2nd I'm still babywearing at nearly 3
1st never ever co slept/2nd was in my bed attached to my boob until 12m 😂😂

However both were sleeping in their own rooms permanently just after their 1st birthday. Both were extremely happy when they started creche at 10m old and continued to be happy throughout.

I'm a big BF supporter but my God she makes people feel so tit if they cant do those things. Imagine a poor mum who bottle fed, didnt co sleep, didnt babywear is getting prepared to send their child off to nursery, they're now absolutely petrified that they're child will be upset because they didn't follow attachment parenting. Shes so high and mighty!!!

• Heart
She’s given me real rage with that. Imagine how many people with kids who cry going to nursery Are gonna think it’s their fault as they haven’t created a strong attachment?

And she didn’t do any of that stuff with Aria and Sienna so did she not then AP them? Sienna strikes me as a girl full of confidence who would happily go in to a room of strangers at school. Aria the opposite. So that’s Kerry’s fault them for not raising aria to be attached surely?! Or is she that dumb she doesn’t understand ALL KIDS ARE DIFFERENT.

She’s full of horse tit that girl sometimes.

Reactions: 12
She’s given me real rage with that. Imagine how many people with kids who cry going to nursery Are gonna think it’s their fault as they haven’t created a strong attachment?

And she didn’t do any of that stuff with Aria and Sienna so did she not then AP them? Sienna strikes me as a girl full of confidence who would happily go in to a room of strangers at school. Aria the opposite. So that’s Kerry’s fault them for not raising aria to be attached surely?! Or is she that dumb she doesn’t understand ALL KIDS ARE DIFFERENT.

She’s full of horse tit that girl sometimes.
She loves a buzzword. The current favourites are attachment parenting, forest school and montessori 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Shes made herself look like such a tit with that post. Its like she can't help herself, just when I think she's being OK, she comes out with some really smug bollocks!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No expert but I am sure Warren can lay planks of wood down on the decking himself?
I understand he may have needed help to hold the frame in place while he poured concrete but surely he can do the rest alone. Kerry was saying 'they want to get it all done and they only have 1 hour while roma naps'!
They would have longer if she would leave him to it 🙄

£7 last time I checked for a meal of that size. Why doesn't make one herself and keep it in the freezer? Reduce the weekly shop cost a bit.
I don't think she wants to. She was still saying they were going to get a takeaway at the weekend too so let them throw money away.
It just annoys me because that money could go towards clothes or shoes for those girls that actually fit.

That's exactly right, the snacks will be gone in a matter of days. Can't say they don't eat nutrious breakfast, lunch or dinner either to make up for all the snacking so I think as a family they do eat very well and snack, a lot.

I remember when she did a ' what we eat in a day', and someone commented saying 'wow, you all eat very well!' and it was a big breakfast, think it was porridge with 364 toppings on, a snack, then a big lunch then another snack then a big dinner. I think all the snacking is unnecessary. Porridge fills us up till lunchtime!
Then there was all the snacking in the evenings too, I don't know how kerry manages to stay so slim to be honest.

All those bars of chocolate.. I mean, come on Warren 🙄🍫 that was excessive.
Especially because if they are in the cupboard, they will get eaten! Think of your waistline! 😭
Warren doesn’t have a waist line 😂😂 not with all that chocolate 🍫

• Sick
Reactions: 3
While i appreciate that’s she’s trying to do the best for her children she’s misinterpreted what she’s read and feel she’s making some quite insulting insinuations to anyone who has not patented as she has. she’s clearly not the brightest tool in the shed.

What she’s talking about is responsive parenting - responding to your child cues, which 99.9% of parents do and where the evidence base and research she is talking about originates from. As do the very vast majority have a secure attachment with their child. What’s she’s talking about is standard parenting, loving and caring for your child.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Most children who’s needs are met are securely attached
Kerry forgets Roma has two older siblings and is thus used to them going and coming back later on and is used to playing with other children etc
Kerry just needs to get on and be a parent instead of wasting time googling buzzwords ffs

She has taken Roma’s first step out in to the world on her own, and instead of saying “yay Roma! Well done for being such an awesome kid!” She’s written about how great SHE is.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How outrageous! Well done for the lady who responded about not put children into boxes. I never breastfed but co-slept- I think most people are a mix of things. Surely it’s more important to deal with things that come up in the correct many than rigidly sticking with an idea you subscribed to when you had a newborn.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.