Kerry Conway #7 No kids on the grid, unless she’s earning a few quid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s lots of things that don’t bother me so much about Kerry... but the thing that winds me up more than anything is the cringey boasting about her kids and how advanced they are. No Kerry they are 100% average in every way. Nothing wrong with that at all mine are too but it makes her look like such a twit. Aria seems like a lovely fun loving little girl but I find it extremely unlikely she is reading. I find it odd that Kerry puts so much emphasis on their intelligence and being so ‘advanced’, it’s not like her or her husband are clever, high achievers. Baffling.
Agree with all of this. I actually admire a lot of what kerry does, she is really present with the girls and plays a lot, and seems to put a good amount of effort in to doing crafts and baking with them (two things I despise 🤣) But you’re so right she puts so much emphasis and pressure on them academically. I wonder if it’s exactly because she and warren AREN’T academically gifted that she wants to push them the other way?

She always strikes me as not content with what she and her family are, always trying to push them up a “level” to make them fit in with the more “middle class” (😒 I hate that term but hopefully you understand the point?!) Instagram mums.

Reactions: 7
I remember years ago, kerry did a video about what she did to make sienna's speech so advanced.
I didn't have children at the time and I still remember thinking 'what a smug twit!'
The 'tips' were crap too, she didn't do anything any other parent wouldn't do.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure Aria was a bit slower with her speech (not that there was/is anything wrong with her speech) and kerry seemed a bit frustrated that she wasn't talking at a certain point.

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure it was someone on this thread that said it, but every child will be able to count to ten and spell basic words, not every child does it at the same time!
she needs to let them develop at their own rate, otherwise they’ll start school and think they’re better than everyone else

Reactions: 6
Pretty sure it was someone on this thread that said it, but every child will be able to count to ten and spell basic words, not every child does it at the same time!
she needs to let them develop at their own rate, otherwise they’ll start school and think they’re better than everyone else
totally agree. You can see it sadly in Sienna I think, she’s a bit of a goody two shoes, which is a shame because she’s only a product of her environment.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just watched the cleaning video

did she say she hoovers her mattress? Is that normal? Am I just a woman who doesn’t do it??

Reactions: 2
She’d be so much better off nurturing Aria’s desire to play, rather than making her sit and do phonics lessons. if I started some formal leaning with my 4yo and he said he didn’t want to I’d just stop. She continues on until Aria joins in.

One thing always strikes me is that she is always saying “the girls were bored” and organised their time. She never lets them get bored and be creative in their play. She micromanages their time imo.

I’ve just watched the cleaning video

did she say she hoovers her mattress? Is that normal? Am I just a woman who doesn’t do it??
I don’t 🙋🏻‍♀️ And I don’t believe for a second she does it every week either!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She doesn’t want to do it because it’s too easier yeah right shut up Kerry!!! No one cares how advanced/not advanced your kids are!! People are battling bigger issues right now!!!

There is no way Kerry does that cleaning routine every Sunday. She hoovers the mattresses but doesn't hover behind the lounge sofas.....yeah right.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hoover the mattresses every week when I change the bed, but only because I am a clean freak and saw something years ago about how the skin cells we shed and dustmites and something I can't remember live there 😂🙈 I can't even rationalise my method tbh I know I'm crazy but I feel better for doing it haha 🤷‍♀️

I'm still in the "she's been much better lately and I think I like her" fan club for now I think, but she does come across so pretentious with how "advanced" the kids are. Wazza on the other hand... Well we all know my thoughts on him 😂

I’ve never hoovered our mattress. Also need to replace it if you’re meant to replace every 8 years 😱 (in my defence we’ve always used a mattress protector and regularly change it)

With Aria’s preschool education I have been told by a few primary teachers that it’s better if parents don’t ‘teach’ phonics before they start school because it’s harder to correct if they’ve been taught wrong. I didn’t even know what phonics was until I heard instamums going on about it 🙊 let her play, let her be creative but don’t be pushy. Plenty of time to learn formally and she won’t be disadvantaged if she hasn’t done phonics before school, I’m pretty sure I didn’t and I did alright 🤣

Reactions: 5
Not connected to kerry but I was just scrolling Instagram and came across an account - the woman was teaching her 2 year old phonics! Sit down lessons 😳😳😳 just let him be 2 for Christ’s sake! These instamums are crazy sometimes.

• Wow
Please someone tell me they also found the car crash dolly really inappropriate or am I being a bit too sensitive? 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Please someone tell me they also found the car crash dolly really inappropriate or am I being a bit too sensitive? 🤦🏻‍♀️
I thought exactly the same.
Plenty of others things more age appropriate.
Grazed knee, broken bone etc

• Wow
Or even fell off her bike and hurt because wasn’t wearing a helmet - a teachable safety moment.

Well... she’d know all about being a car crash 🙊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.