Kerry Conway #2 New House Is A Dump, Married To A Lump, Dumb And Dumber Will Be Needing A Plumber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she knows she's not very well educated and jumps on people's backs when they suggest something sensible. She doesn't like to be made out to be thick. But she is. As is DJ Woz.

Reactions: 6
Well looking at comments her attitude towards people suggesting a table is ??‍♀??‍♀??‍♀.. Why as a family of 5 would you NOT want a table in the kitchen?! One comment says they want a whole ‘delegate’ dining room which I’m assuming she means separate, but what about until they get that?! Could be years! Kids are currently eating off sofas or the floor with the dog scrounging around them. They honestly have no common sense.

Reactions: 7
Maybe they are going to build the extension with the bricks they took down from the chimney?! Warren can DIY it, sure, since he’s trusted for things like that

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is like a classic, real time example of what happens when people are envious of social media lifestyles! She wants the big kitchen with the island and the breakfast bar and the table but can't afford it or have the space for it! She needs to readjust her expectation and actually think about what she and her family need....which isn't a bloody range cooker and pantry...It's a table!! She could even get one of the fold down ones from Ikea.

Reactions: 12
And an extension...she would need planning permission and given the neighbours must be already pissed off, you can see it being rejected. Not to mention, that would be another £20k

Reactions: 4
We're a family of 4 and were very lucky to have a "delegate" dining room!
However we knocked walls out of our kitchen to make way for a kitchen diner in 1. We're refitting a smaller kitchen with storage solutions to maximise what we have. No breakfast bar and certainly no big fancy American fridge freezer!
It makes life easier. When the kids are having dessert, I can load the dishwasher. When I'm cooking, they can do homework! It's a family room to all do what we need. As such we're going to make our old dining room into a seperate living room/playroom/man cave for the kids as they grow as I love them dearly but don't want them and friends in my living room as they grow! If she had sense she'd think of the future and things like this. Where will these 3 girls go when they're all teens?? Sat with a friend each and they're embarrassing parents in a row on sofas??? This house will last them 2 years tops before they realise it's not at all practical!

Reactions: 5
And an extension...she would need planning permission and given the neighbours must be already pissed off, you can see it being rejected. Not to mention, that would be another £20k
But she wants it... so its not an issue ?‍♀?‍♀

??‍♀??‍♀??‍♀

Reactions: 1
I used to actually really like her, her kids are the same age as mine and I thought we had similar-ish views on parenting.

I do not any more ? for example, I like to have my kids in a house that has no potential for collapse.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I also don’t get the fact that she’s saying they will extend, why get a new kitchen fitted if you plan on extending in future. That creates more mess and workmen in the house ... get it all done together ?

Reactions: 7
I also don’t get the fact that she’s saying they will extend, why get a new kitchen fitted if you plan on extending in future. That creates more mess and workmen in the house ... get it all done together ?
Because she's thick! She wants everything now rather than taking their time and saving properly

Reactions: 4
Because she's thick! She wants everything now rather than taking their time and saving properly
This, 100%. She is the sort of person who sees it, wants it, and gets it no matter what. Everything is now now now.

Bets on her getting a whole kitchen in and then not even liking it?!

Reactions: 3
I reckon she will go for the navy/charcoal/dark colours that r popular just now....just to make it an even smaller more awkward space?

Neither of them have got a clue. We bought a house last year to get out of military housing, our house is quite big but our kitchen is tiny, as in our fridge has to live in the dining room tiny. But, we can't afford to knock walls down and move plumbing etc for quite a while yet, so we just live with it.
Like most people that buy houses, it's about taking your time and putting thought to what you're doing. Not just barging in like a bull in a China shop ?‍♀
The bonus is because our kitchen is so small it always looks tidy ?

Neither of them have got a clue. We bought a house last year to get out of military housing, our house is quite big but our kitchen is tiny, as in our fridge has to live in the dining room tiny. But, we can't afford to knock walls down and move plumbing etc for quite a while yet, so we just live with it.
Like most people that buy houses, it's about taking your time and putting thought to what you're doing. Not just barging in like a bull in a China shop ?‍♀
The bonus is because our kitchen is so small it always looks tidy ?
Yup...been living with my kitchen the last 7 years, last thing in our doer-upper because it is so expensive. Hopefully doing it this year, have also made sure I have had a table those last 7 years ?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.