Kelly...Kids and the Commute #2 Can't cope with her kids, doesn't commute

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sofa is just grim. Doesn’t this ‘career pivot’ bring in enough money for a slight room update?? It’s like she still lives like a student.
And not one picture on those bare walls? So depressing with zero thought given to her girls home and environment.
That said, at least there aren't hundreds of naff and garish framed prints that all the other Instahuns/wannabehuns have. Particular nod to the ridiculous Alison Perry. But completely agree - if you are going to spend ALL the time in one room, make it less depressing.

Reactions: 2
Usually when instahuns only share one area of their house it’s because it’s the only area that’s been done/looks good/is kept tidy. What must the rest of Kelly’s house look like 😳

Reactions: 3
Usually when instahuns only share one area of their house it’s because it’s the only area that’s been done/looks good/is kept tidy. What must the rest of Kelly’s house look like 😳
Have you ever seen the other side of the living room with the dining table that's never been eaten on?

Reactions: 1
Have you ever seen the other side of the living room with the dining table that's never been eaten on?
I don’t get why her girls don’t eat at the dining room table with proper plates with proper cutlery. The sight of them on that sofa using those fold away pop up picnic tables is so depressing. Fair enough have a snack on the sofa but every meal? Just grim.

I don’t get why her girls don’t eat at the dining room table with proper plates with proper cutlery. The sight of them on that sofa using those fold away pop up picnic tables is so depressing. Fair enough have a snack on the sofa but every meal? Just grim.
And then she moans about bot being a n8ce experience when they go out for a meal. Well, yes as they are not used to it. They haven't been shown how to sit together at a dining table and have a family conversation.

Reactions: 4
I actually thought that was the before photo 🤦‍♀️. The TV in the corner in the middle of the doors like that is just bizarre, the brown saggy sofa, the bare walls, dirty carpet and mismatched furniture, it looks like my student flat from the early 00s.

Reactions: 6
12.30 and she hadn’t even opened the girls curtains properly. What DOES she do ALL day!

Giving your kid a southern fried chicken nugget rather than a regular one is hardly a win, is it?!

Sorry but getting them to try new foods should be low-pressure, not while being filmed for content!

Reactions: 10
Sorry but getting them to try new foods should be low-pressure, not while being filmed for content!
I thought it was an ad at first for some frozen chicken range. No just Kelly attention seeking by filming her kid eating her dinner.

I wish to god she’d give them drinks out of proper cups.

I think it’s so grim how she’s literally set this whole ‘scene’ up and is using her daughter for content in this way. What must her kids think as they eat their dinner and mum has her phone tripod set up to film her as she talks to them- utterly bizarre! I can only think they’re used to her behaving in this way which in itself is sad too. She needs to get a grip and stop using her children’s problems (real or exaggerated) for content!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
A southern fried chicken nugget. Beige, beige and more beige. Clearly Kels doesn't have a large repertoire of foods that she eats. This reel depressed me on so many levels. A 5 year old being filmed for content by her mother who is yet again shaming her.

Reactions: 5
I don’t understand why she can’t come up with other content, rather than the boring stuff with the kids. It does feel like she is taking advantage of them :(
---
The lack of effort that goes into even trying to make dinner look appetising - it just looks like tit.

Reactions: 7
I’m lucky to have kids who will eat mostly anything so I really don’t understand the level of pickiness that she and other commenters describe. When ours started showing signs of fussiness with food after the baby stage where they eat pretty much anything, we nipped it in the bud. We didn’t let them lead the way. I’m not congratulating myself, I honestly thought it was the normal thing to do.

Me too - but I entirely credit it to them both having gone to nursery from a young age! I would have thought Kelly’s kids did as well seeing as she was a working mum. Maybe they didn’t. But I can’t see how kids who spend a lot of time at nursery can be fussy (unless neurodiverse) - they have to eat what they’re given and usually do when they see their friends eating it!

Why does she put baked beans in a ramekin? Looks so grim. Also Abi can’t sit up straight and properly whilst perched on the edge of a saggy sofa with her dinner on a picnic table - Kelly sets her up for fail. Sit her at the bloody table, without an iPad right in front of her face, give her a drink in an open topped cup and let her learn to eat at a table properly.

Reactions: 10
I’m lucky to have kids who will eat mostly anything so I really don’t understand the level of pickiness that she and other commenters describe. When ours started showing signs of fussiness with food after the baby stage where they eat pretty much anything, we nipped it in the bud. We didn’t let them lead the way. I’m not congratulating myself, I honestly thought it was the normal thing to do.
This 100%! We have always had dinner together and the kids ate what we ate from early on. But then again I did a very diverse weaning with them, while holding down a job, so they have been used to a varied diet. This is not the case with Kelly, she cooks proper dinner for herself and feeds the girls beige frozen food at 4pm so she can get rid of them quickly. She is then happy eating her dinner in front of the TV.

I can understand her daughter being picky. I have an 8 year old who is very fussy, despite being weaned on everything going and having a very diverse range of food at her nursery. I think it's just one of those things - some kids are fussy, some aren't.

However, there are ways to manage it and encourage more diversity - but literally everything I have read says it should be low pressure... Making a bloody reel about it for your thousands of followers is not low pressure, that poor girl. And yes, eat at the table not on the sofa with a fold up table in front of the TV!

Reactions: 9
My kids had diverse food at nursery. Eldest will eat pretty much anything and youngest is very fussy now but still has a reasonable diet and hoovers up fruit and some veg.
Nursery diet doesn’t always follow on to being a great eater later.
however I agree on table eating and at least the girls eating there together and not in front of the tv or iPads.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.