Kelly...Kids and the Commute #2 Can't cope with her kids, doesn't commute

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lots of tagging of Anna Mathur, mamastillgotit, Davina McCall etc. is she hoping their success will rub off on her?!

Reactions: 2
The way she behaves - you just know she is in for an “interesting” time with her girls as they get older, because she comes across like she doesn’t even like them that much.
---
I generally like her content but my god, enough of the holiday already 😂
kim seems a little annoying too

Reactions: 4
Yep, 100 new followers Every.single,day.

Will be 72.5 tomorrow. She's a joke.
---
Are we thinking she never does anything at the weekends because she's actually not earning much money??

The gymfinity dance class Abi does on Fridays is gifted.

They've always done the swimming lessons (well, since covid) and Grace recently started DramaCube) but otherwise she doesn't take them anywhere or do anything with them so is it actually a finance thing?
If she didn't get her nails and hair done all the time, wasn't dropping in scamp and dude and always buying coffees and cocktails, then I would think they are absolutely skint. They never go anywhere that isn't #gifted, her house is a pit, the girls are dressed like scruffs and they eat cheap frozen food. Things might be a little tighter now she's given up her job but I don't believe they're short of money. She never mentions money or how much things cost.

That would be a good angle for her in a cost of living crisis, budget friendly mum tips. But loads are doing that already.

Reactions: 1
If she didn't get her nails and hair done all the time, wasn't dropping in scamp and dude and always buying coffees and cocktails, then I would think they are absolutely skint. They never go anywhere that isn't #gifted, her house is a pit, the girls are dressed like scruffs and they eat cheap frozen food. Things might be a little tighter now she's given up her job but I don't believe they're short of money. She never mentions money or how much things cost.

That would be a good angle for her in a cost of living crisis, budget friendly mum tips. But loads are doing that already.
I feel like they are so many angles or topics that she COULD discuss but she never does. It's just one long moan as if she's parenting two toddlers rather than a 6 year old and a tween.

She really needs to duck off. There is no hardship there, only her own bloody doing and making dramas out of nothing! I've spent the weekend with 2 of my children in hospital, would bloody love to decompress with a book, my head definitely needs it as close to exploding but I won't, cos us 'normal' folk get on with normal everydaying every day, combined with work and feeding our kids non beige food and tidying the house. I'm a woman on the edge here and her moaning might tip me over it.
And the comments above about friendships are true, she needs them more than they need her!
I hope your children are better very soon and that you can have some time to recover too. Hang in there!

I feel like they are so many angles or topics that she COULD discuss but she never does. It's just one long moan as if she's parenting two toddlers rather than a 6 year old and a tween.
She thinks the 'trials and tribulations with toddlers' is her angle, except the girls are so far from that age, she is now just embarrassing them online for future bullying. She goes on press trips with them so she clearly can attempt outings. She needs Julesintheknow and Sarah in Surrey to hear about anything in her locality. In her defence, unlike onlywayislatte (annoying airline friend of Sarah in Surrey), Sarah and Jules, Kelly is from Cheshire and doesn't have family to help out (I relate as my family are up in the north west and I have zero support and help) but it is for that reason she should network better locally - especially as she is a 'content creator'.

72.7k.....ramping it up!

Lol at Kelly spending ALLL morning (Really??) "updating the calendar". She's struggling to believe it herself. ALL the clubs? The girls only swim together once a week on a Saturday morning which I'm pretty sure Kelly can remember and then they do ONE club each on top of that!

ALL of the term dates? ALL of the school holidays? ALL of the Inset Days (maybe 2 a year?).

ALL of the parties.

Really Kelly, really?

Cue some sh!t reel later on about keeping track of ALL of the activities they (don't) do.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Wow. That's a lot of bullshit!

Yes to putting term dates on there and maybe a holiday if you're lucky to have booked one but the rest of it? Trips? Performances? Going in to see books? What uniforms they need on special days???? She must have a super organised school as we usually get some info every half term for the following few weeks. That's about it.

And parties? Surely most people only do those a few weeks in advance? So we have a couple at the end of half term but that's it for now. Plus parties tend to decrease as they get older so my 5 year old is at the stage of all-class parties every few weeks but my 9 year old just has celebrations for her little friendship group now - only about 5 or 6 through the year.

Blooming heck. There are 4 kids plus myself who works shifts and my husband's work to take into consideration here and 'doing the calendar' took about 10 mins at the start of the month 🤷‍♀️

The mind boggles 😂

Reactions: 5
Wow. That's a lot of bullshit!

Yes to putting term dates on there and maybe a holiday if you're lucky to have booked one but the rest of it? Trips? Performances? Going in to see books? What uniforms they need on special days???? She must have a super organised school as we usually get some info every half term for the following few weeks. That's about it.

And parties? Surely most people only do those a few weeks in advance? So we have a couple at the end of half term but that's it for now. Plus parties tend to decrease as they get older so my 5 year old is at the stage of all-class parties every few weeks but my 9 year old just has celebrations for her little friendship group now - only about 5 or 6 through the year.

Blooming heck. There are 4 kids plus myself who works shifts and my husband's work to take into consideration here and 'doing the calendar' took about 10 mins at the start of the month 🤷‍♀️

The mind boggles 😂
100% agree with this. I do not believe her school is that organised. School holidays but the rest is stuff that drips in. And why has it taken her until the final days of January to do? This half term is nearly over. I call BS on this awful reel. She isn't even working.

Reactions: 6
Did she really have a corporate job before? The Kelly I wanted to see would have given calendar advice in September: handy family calendars to buy or useful apps to download, what to put in those diaries (for example don’t forget inset days), how to make it child-friendly and promote independence (boards to get them to prep their own kits for example). In a previous life she seemed perfectly capable of it.

Also, really, that’s the kind of thing you do in September and then you add to it as you go along (parties, performance dates, etc). I don’t know how people survive with a different process 😅

I think it is yet another example of how she just doesn't have the content to sustain her account as a 'career'. It has been nearly a year hasn't it and it really is the same old, repetitive, dreary moaning. I think she needs to stop buying followers, take a break and re-group and potentially get a job in something she had skill at because I really don't think she has enough steam for this - particularly when there are so many better mum influencers out there.

How long can she keep up the snacks narrative and turn it into actual money? Is she feeding those girls snacks so she can then have something to complain about? And why "work" when they're back from school? What did she do all day apart from adding stuff to the calendar?

According to Sarah in Surreys stories earlier, Sarah met her for a coffee this morning. Kelly hasn’t mentioned this though which is odd. When Sarah mentioned it she did so really weirdly saying she’d met a friend for coffee who did similar “work” to her and that she feels it’s really important to see people who do similar “work” to herself and keep touch with them. Almost defending why she saw Kelly! She then said “my friend Kelly” but she seemed to avoid and dance around the fact that it was her supposed “bestie” Kelly.

According to Sarah in Surreys stories earlier, Sarah met her for a coffee this morning. Kelly hasn’t mentioned this though which is odd. When Sarah mentioned it she did so really weirdly saying she’d met a friend for coffee who did similar “work” to her and that she feels it’s really important to see people who do similar “work” to herself and keep touch with them. Almost defending why she saw Kelly! She then said “my friend Kelly” but she seemed to avoid and dance around the fact that it was her supposed “bestie” Kelly.
It was very weird the way Sarah talked about it. Almost ... like... they are reading here. Hi Kelly! Hi Sarah!

Reactions: 3
It was very weird the way Sarah talked about it. Almost ... like... they are reading here. Hi Kelly! Hi Sarah!
They definitely do!

They would usually tag eachother and "treat" us to a picture of them and their Surrey Coffee Company cups with Kellys garish nails in shot. But today, nothing......why not ladies??
---
Kelly and her girls are "too busy" for playdates apparently. PMSL....you couldn't make this sh!t up.

Sorry but why does she make such a massive deal about how much the kids interrupt her when she’s trying to work? Surely the point of being self-employed is setting your own hours…ie working when they are at school?! It’s impossible to work with kids around. I feel like she is trying too hard to justify her new ‘job’ as proper work. But spends school hours filling in calendars 😂

Why does she makes something that I a normal everyday task sound completely ridiculous!? It's just writing some dates on a calendar, get back to work Kelly for your own sanity.
I have shift working husband, our calendar is a complex jigsaw of arrangements but I've never had to spend the day updating it 🤨. Because I have you know...a job' a life etc.

Sorry but why does she make such a massive deal about how much the kids interrupt her when she’s trying to work? Surely the point of being self-employed is setting your own hours…ie working when they are at school?! It’s impossible to work with kids around. I feel like she is trying too hard to justify her new ‘job’ as proper work. But spends school hours filling in calendars 😂
because she literally has nothing else to talk about. Zero content.

• Haha
She is too busy reading, decompressing, 'running' and getting her nails done.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.